Guest viewing is limited

THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jamie - what do you mean by just post here and we'll change it (in regards to thread title)? I'm not sure how to activate thread tools from iPhone.... Maybe you could change the title to Tweefishy's snap- crackle- & pop-hip is gone!
How do folks being out new questions from a mobile device? Are the thread tools available?

Thanks for your help


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy I am interested to know about thread tools also. I use android phone and have no button I can click to change my title. I asked for my surgery date to be added in my title but I don't think anyone saw the request in my thread. No big deal I'd happily do it but I can't see how on my phone either. Hope you are feeling much better with the new meds?
 
Night and day difference with this med combo :) thanks!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Moderators, please re-title: is it dislocated or just tweaked?


I was doing so much better today, until I stood up like a normal person, leaned way forward beyond 90degrees, and then pivoted. Right about then I felt a shift, broke out in a sweat from head to toe in a split second and felt nauseous. Could not stand up straight, hurts to put wt on it, and laying down immediately on ice for two hrs hasn't helped one bit.

I called docs office and they said don't panic but come in asap... Which is tomorrow at 2:30....24hrs from when it happened. I'm so scarred.


What do i do till then???? I'm laying flat on ice, morphine on board helping me not totally freak out.

Can anyone tell me what to expect tomorrow? My surgeon still out of town, please give me a list of questions for doc. I have no idea the skill level of the guy in call.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy I am sending you the best hugs, thoughts, and caring hands I can find. I so feel your circumstances. One a day colace helped me with the poo issues. Sounds like you are figuring your journey out, leaning over a little is a good idea. Every recovery is different and my best advice is to ice, stay ahead of the pain, take it easy on PT and on yourself. I am a lot like you non confrontational and all. Having said that be persistent with your questions for OS. Ask away on here plenty of good advice and caring folks. Make a list of questions as they come to you. On my last visit with PA I had about ten questions. I have not seen my OS since surgery. And continue to share your journey. We learn a bunch from each other. Plus it is kind of funny to reread posts! Lol:loveshwr:
 
Thanks Poppet, Donor and Sunbunny. My husband came home for on work early and from our assessment, some nerve tweaking happened for sure since twingey, numby, pain all the way down my leg and into my foot. Groin hurts for the first time since surgery :( Damn! Forgot the restrictions and just stood up without thinking and holy cow!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy Hang in there hip twin! Sorry to hear about your mishap! I don't know what advice to give, but moving as little as possible seems logical.

Hoping for good news for you when you see your OS!
 
@Tweefishy oh you poor thing! This sounds just like what happened to me! Its very scary ! Is it painful even when you don't try to weight-bare? Is the leg kind of turned at a funny angle? I wouldnt want to wait 24 hours like that:sad: Can you not go to your local A&E dept, they might be able to pop it back in manually, like they did with me? Id just call an ambulance or get someone to take you if it were me. 24 hours to wait seems cruel when this can be dealt with in such a short time by manually putting it back in.

I will be thinking of you. Hope the pain isn't too unbearable and you you possibly get seen very soon.:console2:
 
Tweefishy, You did things exactly right to get your thread title changed. I'm sorry you're not seeing the Thread Tools....there are a lot of things not available at this time on the phone applications. But...that's why we tell folks just to post what they want their new thread title to be in their thread. We're always happy to make the change for you.

As for your hip....it's not dislocated. If it was, you would be in such unbearable pain that you'd be in the Emergency Room immediately. However, it does sound like you gave it a good tweak! That is going to result in a lot of soreness that will have to work itself out with some time.

Be sure and ice the areas that hurt. Rest and elevate your leg as much as possible. You're going to need to baby yourself for the next week or maybe more until things settle. You are only 10 days out from surgery and it's important to be careful with that new hip.....but, of course, you know that I'm sure!!

When you go to the doctor tomorrow, I'm assuming you'll see a surgeon and not just the physician's assistant. Ask to see a doctor. They will take an xray, I assume and verify that the implant is just fine. I'm sure it is. But, that doesn't mean that you won't hurt for a while. Go ahead and take full doses of your pain medication to try and get on top of the pain. If nerves are involved, the doctor may prescribe something like Gabapentin to calm them down.
 
Hi @Tweefishy Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain.I had the same type of injury five weeks after surgery which happened in the same way as you.I twisted my hip awkwardly after using the loo, I felt a searing pain in the front of my thigh and couldn't weight bear initially.It turned out that I had torn a muscle.The physio said that I had torn the rectis femoris but the OS said it was a groin strain.You are doing the best thing by resting and seeking out a medical opinion.
 
Thanks @Kim22! How did they diagnose muscle vs tendons once your xray was clean? Muscle sounds better than hardware issues. Could you bare wt? Mine kills to put any wt on it and the hip feels so awkward, feels like it's sticking out somewhat.

I know it's not a full dislocation as I frequently had those during a growth spurt in high school. The entire leg would stick out and I drop to the ground until I'd manipulated it back in with some contortions and a good whack. However, the pain, sweating and nausea was on par to the day a detached the labrum.

This morning I do feel burning, searing, down the front and back of the leg so maybe that is a good sign toward muscle (if there is such a thing).

Unfortunately Jamie, I DO see a PA today. Surgeons are ether out of town this Friday, or in surgery. The nurse gave me one final way to try to obtain a doc apt today. It's a long shot but I'm going for it.

@Jamie: Where are you in the states and what health system are you most familiar? Your experiences seem quite different than mine of the California Kaiser HMO. As a kid I waded through military medicine, as a young adult, PPO, and for the last 5 yrs, HMO (during which, I've had 3 surgeries and learned a **** load of navigating Kaiser HMO red tape). I have much to offer others wading through HMO red tape if allowed to share.









Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy glad you made it thru the night ok? We will be thinking of you today!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Tweefishy I know what you mean about PT hurting,! I am 26 days post op! I was doing really well until I went to out patient PT Wednesday. I felt ok while doing things and the therapist stretching out my leg... But once I got home... Terrible pain set in bringing me to tears! Pain meds helped to take the edge off! Yesterday, it was a little better, but still not as good as it was before Wednesday's session. Again today...still stiff and sore. I go back to Pat today but I'm a little scared! I cannot have a night like I did on Wednesday!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @Tweefishy - wow, can understand the frustration with trying to navigate our lack of "system" in health care. :gaah:When I did home health nursing every little thing became a major battle. I often had to resort to calling an ambulance and accompanying the patient to the ER when a visit to the doctor might have done the trick.
Hopefully you'll be able to get some X-rays so you know what you're dealing with.
And @Mbone, after reading lots here I finally told my PT yesterday that I needed to do what felt right for ME and didn't see the value of exercising to exhaustion and pain while my body is trying to heal. Most of the posts I'm seeing, even when things aren't going 100%, everyone seems to have a good understanding of their own body and capabilities - we just need the support given here to trust our feelings (and dispel the unfounded worries).
Patti in Vail AZ
 
Yes MBone! Speak up! I'm learning this myself right now. I too, never want a nigh like last night. I've literally not been able to move from flat on my back, surrounded by ice. Waaaaaaay to many wake hrs last night worrying about what in the hell I did to cause this much pain to my new bling. Worry always makes things worse but when u can't sleep and are writhing in pain...... What's a girl to do.

Tried as I might, I could not get an earlier apt. today. Just gotta wait for my 2:30 pm with the PA and not leave there without the physician consulting in on the xrays and exam notes. I'm going to embody my loud RN of a mother to the best of my ability today. (I don't do this often but if there was ever a time to Channel mama Claire -The take no **** nurse, it's now!)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy report back after your apt. Us Bone folks are sending support!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom