THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Tweefishy So glad that you are back and that you are in less pain and walking well.I totally understand why you had a break from the forum when you were in such pain and anxiety about your hip, especially when it seems that most of your hip buddies are doing so well.I have been there and got the tee shirt to coin the phrase.I was glad for them but just wanted to be one of them.You sound very positive which is great and I will agree with your title, "No more setbacks " I am so glad you are having treatment from a chiropractor as they are brilliant at sorting out soft tissue problems.I am seeing one now but only wish that I had seen him two years ago.Sending you good wishes and healing thoughts from over the pond.
 
Congratulations @Tweefishy! !!!: let us know how you make out with kaiser and your appointment today. We are rooting for you! Hugs.
 
Thinking of you @Tweefishy ! Please take your breaks any time you need them! Wishing you well and good results from the new treatment!
 
Yup, we do not require any number of posts---just post when you have a question or you want to help others!!
 
Hey there folks! It was a good day today. Graduated from in home PT. Saw a new Chiro, got my hip and head cold lasered. My migraine finally went away after some neck adjustments and laser the top of my head. I've had a migraine for two weeks straight from laying around so much. Soooooo nice to have that go away with less than five minutes of help from my new favorite lady.
Laser on the leg felt bizarre. Like it was waking things up in there. She did the protocol for pain, trauma, and bone.
Today I went the longest in between meds too: I highly suggest this modality as a means of pain control and expediting healing and am happy to share my experiences as I've used cold laser therapy for 2 yrs, to treat healing from two extensive endometriosis removal surgeries, for back and hip pain, for tendon and muscle strain, and for migraines. Work fast and has lasting results.

Anyway, had a big day between PT and Chiro, so I opted out of a walk tonight but man, I am slammed by the insomnia bug tonight. Sooo sleepy yet can't fall asleep : /


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy Im so glad you are finally getting some relief and heading in the right direction:flwrysmile:
You and I both had a bit of a rocky start but we both see light at the end of the tunnel, and its bright:thumb:

You sound much more positive, I think being positive is a big plus, its helped me no end. This is an up and down roller coaster journey isnt it, but imagine how free we will feel when we are finally healed! Ive not heard of cold laser therapy before, sounds interesting. Lots of luck to you, keep keeping on:)
 
@Tweefishy such great Fish news! I was Sleepless in Seattle last night also. had to resort to a pill. Boo. I'm so you are in less pain finally and feel benefit from the treatment. I found a Chiro here that does it but of course he's on Vaca for 3 weeks and does not accept my insurance. I have not given up. Today I start pt so perhaps this new phase will help me along. I worked 5 hours yesterday and walked quite a bit so I'm hoping to be moving up the healing ladder too. I hope today is even better for you! Xoxoxox
 
@donor: Have your husband take you to Berkeley!

I found the two most inspirational chiros ever that are amazing at their craft and true healers. Berkeley lady overcame MS and besides running her practice, takes circus like classes for silk rope/ trapezelike performance her late 50s-early 60s. The chiro I just found in Fremont was shown on an episode of the show Rescue 911, she had a cave wall collapse on her, broke her back, leg was trapped and broken in many places, and ultimately had to have the leg amputated with only 6" of femur remaining. She runs a practice and I met her 2 young kids yesterday. Triumphant women!!!! Those 2 feisty chiros put the fight back into me.

Today I took a shower with no one home!!!! Yay!!!!!!! Since the bathroom has been the sight for all my setbacks, leg giving out, near falls, & extreme pain, I'm rightfully scarred of it. But today, nice and clean all alone!!!! It's the littlest things that give me fuel to tackle my next hurdle.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy I went postal on PT folks this am, not a pretty sight. They called to cancel my appointment and omg, that was not what I needed to hear first thing this am while I am in pain getting ready. It was not my proudest moment but I went slightly off. Anyway, they called me right back and by some miracle????? had a cancellation and had me go right in. They just said, OMG this woman is in need of help.....and I went right in. Hair in a mess, makeup half on, no shorts to wear for treatment but I did stop to put on my bra. Apparently they think I am some kind of Superwoman to go back to work at 4 weeks and not to have any noticeable limp at all etc. etc. Trust me, I am NO SUPERwoman. I apologized for my outburst and tears on the phone and we went from there. I was so happy to be seen I dropped my pants to show here my scar without pulling the privacy curtain. oh well, oopsie. We have no shame at this point anyway so what the heck. She worked on my back and said my SI joint was swollen and other misalignments were obvious. I have a little gentle plan for the weekend so we will see. I took two tramadol today because even the scar massage was painful. I think the anxiety of everything also added to the pain. Truly I spun out of control at them to think I had to wait until next Wednesday with the holiday weekend. NOPE, I did that when I came home over Memorial Day and my home healthcare folks dropped me into a crack. If this doesn't get me where I need to be I will for sure, see one of your amazing practitioners. I am so happy you are feeling better.
 
Did you get relief at PT? Sorry hon. I'm so frustrated with the medical system right now too. I hope you are feeling a bit better. No shame in the game at this point!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy I'm ok I was told this will be a process i.e. many billable visits. They gave me a SI brace for my back. it's just a velcro strap thing but it could help with support. Of course all my muscle tone has gone to hell fast so abs and flutes are a floppy mess. I will begin the rebuild slowly this weekend. It's all very contradictory to things I've been told and read here. @Molly12 mentioned this the other day. Those of us who like to follow a plan have trouble with taking it day by day...or hour by hour in my case. I'm so happy you got over the bathroom hurdle. We will need to do that pedicure girlie. Xoxo
 
Contradictory how? I do understand frustration of this day by day he by hr ****. I make a plan, set a goal, and make it happen. Not that case for having a baby or healing from this damn surgery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Contradictory in that at first my OS said no PT needed, 2 weeks later he said are you in PT? Home PT guy said no specific clam shell or bridge exercises EVER, today PT said....was he nuts? Ice or heat or no ice no heat? Take more meds, take less meds.......that sort of thing. Clearly there is no specific protocol. With my hubby and his 2 knee replacements the home PT was awesome and he had a black and white course to follow. Everyone was totally on the same page with his care.
 
@Tweefishy and @donor
My daughter and son in law live in Berkley! I would love to just fly out there and go to that chiro @Tweefishy and see my sweet girl! So glad both of you are progressing~ @donor ~ I understand the confusion about hip PT. I am walking but I too feel my core and arms are down the tubes along with my back and glut muscles! I try taking the stairs two at a time and it hurts too much~ so I think it's patience, patience, patience! :gaah:I plan to discuss it with my OS next Friday.
 
@Sullivand I hope you have a long list of questions and concerns for the surgeon. I always do. ...when you feel better and visit we must have a hippie reunion!
 
@donor @Tweefishy @Sullivand

Would you girls advise pre-op PT for muscle strengthening? I also have a swimming pool I never use...maybe some swimming pre-op? I'm so out of shape, haven't moved my booty much in the past ten years! I may be a hopeless cause by now :-)
 
@Cynthia777
Yes. Pool sounds great for preconditioning! I was on crutches for 2.5 mos before surgery and now on day 18 post op. I have noticeable atrophy in my quad. Preconditioning in a pool sounds Iike an excellent way to gain flexibility, stamina, and strength. I am no expert on it. I gave my arms and left leg one heck of a workout pre op using crutches so my experience is quite limited for actual preconditioning.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Cynthia777
Preconditioning~ Preop~I was in PT fighting a limp I had which was the infected hip unbeknownst to everyone! I don't think you should do anything that increases your pain! Keep that booty comfortable in my opinion.:heehee:
Oh but to have a pool sounds so heavenly~ maybe just moving your body and paddling around would help. My RN daughter says our bodies are made to move so we should do whatever we can to just keep moving. :walking:She is big into spin cycling and my youngest is a fitness instructor for a company called BLAST and was a xcountry runner in high school and my oldest is a runner with her hubby. All of them got together in Big Sur and ran the half a few years ago~ honestly don't know where they got it~ I was never a big athlete! I am proud of how fit and healthy they are though. :roseshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom