THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tweefishy In my experience, PAs are really good in their area of expertise. And if this PA is your OS's assistant he/she will probably have been in on your surgery. And yes all of their work is supervised by the physician.
 
I'm in the Kansas City area. But I had a lot of dealings with Federal insurance programs with my career in the Department of Defense. I am covered by Medicare and the Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield. I've had military experience with Tricare with both my parents. And I've worked with a couple of the state Medicaid programs in helping our daughter, other family members and a couple of BoneSmarties who had that type of coverage. While on BoneSmart, I've also helped a couple of folks with Kaiser in California, so I know a little about how they work as well. It's been kind of a broad mix of education over the years!

Other than Medicare and the Family Medical Leave Act program which are national, there can be quite a difference in procedures and coverage among all the insurance choices out there. It's a case where we must be aware of how our particular program works and not be shy to question or ask for help in getting something done. There usually is a way to the end you want. You just have to find it. I must admit, though, that I've felt like the Kaiser programs were some of the more difficult ones to deal with. There seem to be limits in California based on where you are located and the company is not always the most flexible in getting you to the right doctor as you must stay within the confines of their network.

Please feel free to share your experiences with Kaiser in California. I agree they do have their own red tape (as do all the insurers!) and if you've successfully dealt with them then you have something to offer others who are under that program.
 
Hope you get some answers and the pain has eased. Hugs and thoughts! Let us know how your Dr. Visit went.
 
Hi @Tweefishy IAt the time of the injury I didn't have any investigations beyond the xray but it was diagnosed from my clinical symptoms only.However with hindsight this was a mistake as a few months later the groin pain returned and I was diagnosed with iliopsoas tendinosis diagnosed by ultrasound.So to answer your question I probably strained the tendon as well as the muscle at five weeks.If possible could you request an ultrasound or CT Scan to check which structures are involved so you will know what you are dealing with and to ensure you get the most appropriate treatment and advice.Thinking of you and hoping that all your questions are answered at your appointment
 
@Tweefishy
You certainly had a rocky start and I hope your pain and nausea have remained in control.
Did you ever resolve the toilet seat issue? Did you by any chance have the plastic one that sits directly on the toilet seat and locks to it with a twist of a knob in the front? I ask because that one hurt me just as you explain it. I ended up getting a different one and it has a smaller seat that was more manageable. I hated spending more money but it was worth the switch!
I hope you are continuing to improve! Rest, ice and elevate!
 
@Tweefishy
I think maybe your threads merged or something because I missed most of your posts after your toilet seat question and then suddenly I was reading about your struggles with health insurance program and horrible groin pain. Much more worrisome. I will keep you in my prayers.
 
For everyone, speak up if you hurt after PT. you should feel sore and like you have worked out but not hurting! I have told my PT that he was a little too aggressive and it took me 2 days to feel better. He was glad I told him and backed off. The PTs can not feel what they are doing with you, you are the feels so let them know.

@Tweefishy, what did they say at your appointment?
 
@Tweefishy Oh my gosh! Keeping you in my prayers. Hope there isn't too much damage done.
It's frustrating when your brain says just get up and walk and your body says hold on a minute.
:nah:
 
Please change title to No More Setbacks!!!

Thank you everyone for the all the well wishes. I took a break from the forum since I was in so much pain, dealing with mounds of red tape for getting help, and just generally being so depressed that my surgery and recovery have been hell in comparison to many on here. I didn't want to keep comparing my lack of progress and just focus on what he at a time.
What a nice surprise to see others on here had me in their thoughts. Thanks.
It is not dislocated but I gave it a good jolt standing up wrong. The inflammation I caused has created excessive swelling which is pushing on my nerve. I am still in insane pain when off meds, yet when on Motrin, I'm ok and can walk well. I know I would recover far faster if I could get someone to address the inflammation, nerve and diagnose which soft tissue is involved. I am so frustrated with kaiser sending me back and forth, contradicting themselves, and doing nothing but an X-ray.
I'm going to a Chiro tomorrow for cold laser treatment which used to help tremendously after a previous surgery. I'm hoping I can resolve this and get back to progressing. I'm not giving up on recovery but damn has it ever been a battle.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so sorry! I just can't imagine the physical as well as emotional toll this has to be taking on you. I will be praying that you will SOON be looking back at this chapter of your story and all future chapters will be all good for you.
 
@Tweefishy go girl go!!! We have missed you but all understand precisely the mental, spiritual and physical frustration and pain. I hope you get good relief tomorrow but please keep the calls to kaiser because we have a holiday weekend coming!!!! A plan would be nice before that. Hugs to Fishy.
 
Damn Donor! I forgot about the holiday. Thanks for reminder! I'll work the in house PT angle tomorrow and get him to send a msg to my surgeon for me. Maybe that will get through without him defaulting to my PCP claiming nerve pain not related.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well you have been around the bend a few times, haven't you. I changed your title for you---you can always tag me for that, @skigirl will do the trick. I am so happy that you did not dislocate your hip. I am sorry you are in pain, but that is not as bad as a dislocation right now.

As you get the nerve settled down, you will once again face recovery with the rest of the pack.
 
@Tweefishy
It so good to hear from you~but I am so sorry you are in pain. I didn't even look on the internet during my pain and first surgery ~ I understand ~it is way too much when you are simply surviving from one pain med dose to the next. It wasn't until after my second surgery when I had answers and a bit more energy that I found this special place. I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope you get the help that you need very soon. :sigh:
 
You absolutely understand my disappearing act. Your description was exactly what ran through my head. Thank you.

I walked 5 house lengths last night, and 8 tonight! At the 6th house tonight, the front of my thigh itched so bad! I am so excited! Finally, a sign that my log leg is awakening which means I AM HEALING, I AM!!! Such a beautiful feeling! The docs might not want to help, but at least I know my body and no what it needs. Tomorrow, hopefully the cold laser will relax my muscles and nerves to get me back on track! I'll let ya'll know how well the cold laser works on this. Good night


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom