Guest viewing is limited

THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: pain in non-surgery hip/leg

I actually had a fantastic day with zero pain and totally forgot about my nerve issues as the leg and foot felt "normal" today and the swelling has gone way down:thumb:

Really wish we could have a "bonesmart conference" where we could all meet each other, wouldn't that be neat:dancy: We could tango with Anita, eat coconut chili chocolate treats, and generally have a great time, like we do here on the threads...

Time for pain meds and :sleep:

diane
 
Re: pain in non-surgery hip/leg

Can one of the moderators please change my thread title from "pain in non-surgery hip/leg" to "New lease on life" please. I feel it is more fitting at this time. Thanks so much!
diane
 
I like your new thread title, it certainly does sound quite fitting. I am glad to hear you are feeling good & had a good day! :yay:

Take care,
Cardie
 
I'd say you're doing really well!!! We never go as fast as we'd like in recovery, but your progress is right on target. Keep up the great work.
 
Thanks Cardie and Jamie! (and Jo for changing my title)

I turned a corner for the better this past week and for that I am so grateful :thumb:. I have PT this AM and am going to try getting in my car and may go for a little ride around the block! Also put clean sheets on my bed by myself for the first time, ahh, the simple pleasures
 
Hi Jo, I am trying to use WYSIWYG but my editor icon does not show up and when I post it goes back to the small size and default font. Can you help? I tried using the quick post and setting my changes to permanent in my user panel to no avail. thanks.
 
Hi 'Sis'

Great news, just what I have been waiting to hear that you have turned a corner and found a bright rainbow there in your recovery journey... Fantastic, so here is your treat... Sorry can't deliver it in person, but here is the recipe:

Coconut Chili Chocolate
5 tablespoons coconut oil (room temp)
5 tablespoons pure coco powder ( the 100% kind - here in OZ the 'no brand ' is the cheapest and the best because it doesn't have anything added!)
Coconut sugar, coconut syrup or Muscavado sugar to taste (the only problem is the sugar and the oil will separate a little so you have this thin layer of sweet stuff on the bottom, but the sugar flavor is all through the choc)
Cayenne pepper (this depends on how hot you like it, I use three shakes of the spice container, not even a quarter of teaspoon)
Vanilla extract to taste (1 teaspoon - up to you)
Cinnamon (1 teaspoon - once again up to you)

Mix together, pop into a container. Here in OZ I leave it on the kitchen bench when it's a bit cooler and then score it. In summer I pop it in the fridge for 20 mins and then score it into piece sizes. Then back in the fridge until fully set. I have even put it in the freezer to hurry the process, when I just have to have that 'fix'..... Hehehe!

And now enjoy :)
 

Thanks Jo. I set it to enhanced and will see if it works. I don't know everything about computers but hopefully I can figure this out :scratch:
 
Re: pain in non-surgery hip/leg

Hi Karen,

How have you been? Haven't seen you on the forum for awhile and want you to know I'm thinking of you and hope all is well.
 
Thank you so much for telling me where to find the recipe, It sounds great. Now I will have to find some of the stuff. We did get a food with lots of natural so I will go there this week. I hope you enjoyed watching skating on tv. As a kid I did lots of skating so it is so neat to watch someone that really knows what they are doing. Take care Tashia:doggieshmooze::yes 4::flowerysmile:
 
Found that I had already had a post. Do take care. tasha
 
Hi Diane, I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well. Joint replacements take so long to recover from and then when you add things like nerve damage to the mix, it's just that much more frustrating. It sounds like you are starting to get back to a regular life and oh how good that feels! :thumb:

I am about the same. Still have nerve pain in the foot and the paralysis that goes with it. Hopefully one day I'll get rid of this cane but not anytime soon. I can't tell you how many times it's saved me from falling. There were two times just last week at work when coworkers took a big breath before I caught myself. What a way to live huh? But, to tell you the truth...... I've learned to accept it for what it is and try to just make the best of it. I'm confident it will get better eventually.
 
Karen,

It is so good to hear from you. You have been such a support to me when I had so many questions about the nerve issues. You have a wonderful attitude and with all you have been through and continue to deal with that is a blessing. I'm hoping you will have things improve also and I'm just starting to transition to the cane so I can relate to that. It is using a whole new set of muscles and they are complaining some. And you are so right about this taking a long time, my hip feels pretty well, it is the nerve issue that continues to hold me up. (or maybe I should say down ha!ha!)
Take care.
 
Hi all,

Even though I feel I am getting better and have had some great improvements I am feeling really blue today. Yesterday I drove for the first time (I am 11 weeks out from surgery) and I thought I would be so happy but I really think I am depressed as it didn't thrill me that much. That being said my hip hurt a little today (maybe from getting in/out of car and sitting in a different position?) Every day I get some anxiety about the night time because that is when I woke up with the severe pain that put me back in the hospital. I can't seem to get over the fear of that pain again. Every time I have even a tinge of pain I am afraid it will become unbearable. I have a general feeling of malaise most days. My first replacement was a breeze and even though I know they are all different it is hard to think this one isn't going as well. The nerve issues are resolving but are still very frustrating. Thanks for letting me vent...And I'll take any encouragement I can get.
 
You are still experiencing the Energy Drain for THRs, Diane. You're only twelve weeks out and it can go on for some time. I believe I gave you that link before plus some others. I think you should back and read them again.
 
Thanks, Jo. I will reread. Today was just a bad day and sometimes one just wants the answer that they know no one can give them as to how long this recovery will take. Patience is a virtue that I don't have!!!!
 
dianemarie, i know how you fell. You have a wounderful day and then the pain comes and panic. I too fear that I will go back to the horrible pain. About getting into the car. I was told to sit down on the seat then turn, then lift up and move my legs in together . I hope this makes since before the operation I would put one leg in, sit down then bring my other leg in. Now is if i do that it hurts. tashia:doggieshmooze::yes 4:
 
dianemarie, tried to fix spelling four times and it didn't happen. So the word I'm trying to change fell to feel. Sorry i had to post twice. My computer is working against me. I tried to say I know how you feel. Tashia:doggieshmooze:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom