What is THIS feeling???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loreli

junior member
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
45
Location
United States
I am 5 weeks post op today- my recovery has been very up and down.... today I feel GREAT! I am no longer using crutches or a cane the majority of the time........ If you would have told me this a week ago, I would have thought you had gotten into my leftover pain meds! :hehe:

I have found things with me are changing rapidly. I felt LOUSY last night- had a tough morning and this afternoon is a whole new ball game!! I feel so good right now! And it's not meds- I'm only taking Advil now! :D

I am driving now! What a great feeling! :thmb:

I find when I am down- coming here definitely helps.... there is always someone to say "Oh, that happened to me!" Or "That is totally normal!"

Thank you Josephine and Jamie and everyone else!
 
LOL! I wondered what problem was going to be thrown at me this time! That makes a very nice change! :flwr:
 
Yes, it's always GREAT to hear GOOD news!!! So happy for you .... (((HUGS)))).
 
I see light at the end of the tunnel... know what I mean? The first 4 weeks were hard....... I felt really down a lot of the time and just wanted to be able to do the things I wanted/needed to do. I was impatient and anxious. I felt like I was letting my family down. Unless you have first hand knowledge of this surgery I don't think you can really appreciate the intensity of the emotions that a patient goes through! My Mom is an RN and she definitely got it... but my husband and kids really didn't. I think especially after my scar (which looks FABULOUS btw) healed they wondered why I wasn't "better". The incision is the LEAST important factor. LOL

I'm feeling very upbeat and know that I will be back and better than I have been in MANY years (I was first told I needed a hip replacement in 1997). I even interviewed/was interviewed yesterday by a Mom and infant and I think I will be watching him 40hours a week starting in about a month. I'm really looking forward to it! I cant' wait for spring so we can get out there and WALK!:thmb: I can't wait to be STRONG! It's my goal for this year... to be the strongest I have been in my adult life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom