THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

@Josephine sorry was looking at the chart on the left I meant TR2F. I do know a good chiropractor near me so will go see him. The physio I saw said my right leg is longer than my left. Do I need heel risers? Thank you so much for your help Carol
 
I meant TR2F
Thank you. You made me doubt my eyesight for a moment there!

I would believe that to also be a muscular issue which can also be the resultof too much walking or striding out too much whilst walking.
The physio I saw said my right leg is longer than my left. Do I need heel risers?
Almost at THRs end up with a Leg length differential - LLD but it's a consequence from the pre-op period when you were walking in a manner that would favour your painful hip. Obviously this period was not brief so the disparity you now experience will abate as your anatomy adjusts but it will take time - a LOT of time. Using shoe lifts will only prolong this adjustment phase. So my answer is a definite no, it would be most unwise to use shoe lifts.
 
@Josephine thank you for your reply. yes I have been trying to lengthen my stride so that's prob it with the groin - thought it would be okay - oops! It's amazing the distance I can clock up just walking round the downstairs of the house - roughly a mile according to my fit bit - we have a very big house. Add that to grocery shopping and a walk with the dog and it soon adds up to 2½ miles some days. Will have to work out a shorter schedule and ease off a bit. So difficult to try and get it right. Thank you for all your help will be seeing the chiropractor shortly. Cheers Carol
 
Jaycey, baclectic, gertie

4 MONTH UPDATE

Hi all, am trying to cut back a bit on what I do as it seems to be aggravating my back something chronic. Am booked in to chiropractor next week (on Josephine's recommendation) so hopefully will get some help there. My hip on the other hand is brill. Can do a lot more without pain so that's a bonus.

I still have a fair way to go but am hoping by April I might be able to do a longer walk with my dog and do the shopping etc as well. Might even get into the garden to help my daughter!! At the mo I'm going to have to choose between walk dog or do shopping and house work - mmmm difficult one LOL!! Think dog and shopping for food more important!!!

Got to learn not to rush things and wait for everything to settle down - very hard when I feel so much better. Just got to get back and butt pain sorted and then it will be all systems go. Can't thank everyone on here enough for all the help and support and hope you are all well on the way to recovery.
 
Sorry you are still fighting that back pain. I know how draining it is. Fingers crossed for you at the chiropractor. Let us know how it goes.
 
Hi @Cas.
Been following you. Sorry about the back trouble. If the main part is muscular at the bottom of your back then strange as it may seem gentle hamstring stretches do help. Soft tissue massage might help also.
Hope things improve.
Joe........
 
@Irish Joe Thanks Joe. I'm one of those who need to be shown how to do an exercise - can't follow pictures LOL! Hopefully my chiropractor will do that. Have been to him before and he is very good. Thanks @Jaycey good to hear from you again. Will let you know how it goes Carol
 
Hamstring stretches are easy peasy! I could only ever do a standing stretch and this was the one I did!
Eased it off perfectly!

 
@Josephine thanks for that ! looks simple! Am seeing chiropractor this pm so will post later. Have got something on all this week!!!!!!!!!! Busy, busy, busy. At least it's either am or pm so can rest in between. Still taking the tablets, 2v200 Cocodamol , 2x2 200 Ibuprofen, 3 times a day but not helping very much. The pain across lower back on the pelvis line is getting worse. Have it now when I sit, lie down and especially when I walk. Hopefully I'll get some answers today
 
Cas.
Keep up the good work.
Even after a year I can get back problems from time to time.
But every month they seem to be reducing a bit.
At 4 months I was roughly where you are. Not so happy about things and looking for solutions. Its still early and you've got a lot of more improving to do.
You'll get there Cas.
Joe......
 
Hamstring stretches really did help my lower back and piriformis issues. Hope you get some answers from the chiropractor today @Cas . Back pain is just no fun!
 
2v200 Cocodamol , 2x2 200 Ibuprofen - 3 times a day but not helping very much
Just as a matter of interest, what strength is the co-codamol? I know it will have 500mg of paracetamol but how much codeine? They come in 8, 15 and 30mg strengths.
 
@Josephine Hi sorry I haven't replied but been laid up with a bug!!!!
The strength is 8mg. Do I need a stronger one? It's getting silly now as the ache in back gets worse the more I walk and it's limiting my mobility. Is this normal in recovery? Thanks a mill Josephine
 
@Irish Joe Hi there sorry not been online for a while. Thanks for your support. Back now stopping me walking any distance and getting me down a bit.
 
hi @Jaycey not been online for a while. Back is no better and stopping me walking far. Was hoping I would be able to walk my dog by now but hey ho. In pain when sat, walking and sometimes in bed. Well not pain - a deep seated ache that gets so bad when I do something that I have to stop. Did you have that?
 
@Cas.
Back Pain is a nuisance to say the least.
At 4 and a bit months ( where you are now ) I had quite a lot of back pain and it has settled down a lot now. I still have slight gait problems due to a knee issue which hopefully will be sorted out this week with arthroscopy. The reason why I tell you this is when my gait is not good my back plays up and when I'm walking straight my back is ok.
I understand that 80% of back issues are usually biomechanical in nature so unless you are one of the 2 in10 who have spinal issues its likely soft tissue related. ( I'm not a Doc though ).
I notice that you may have piriformus syndrome ( a pain in the Butt to you and me ) and I'll wager this is affecting your gait and stressing the muscles in your back.
Its easy to say but try not to get too despondent re your back as I do feel it will settle as things settle.
Chiropractor, Soft Tissue Massage, Those Hamstring Stretches ( for the piriformus also ) all help with back. Also talk to your doc and He/She may give you a mild relaxant to help those strained muscles.
Your welcome anytime Cas. Feel free to ask anything at anytime.
Keep your spirits up.
Joe......
 
@Cas.
Just out of interest how much walking are you doing.
It might be too much.
Everybody is different.
Joe........
 
Hi @Cas ,
I am so sorry to hear that you are still struggling with your back pain. Before I joined the forum pre op , I used to read your posts and be encouraged by your down to earth, caring comments. You obviously also have a sense of humour and a great attitude to life. Really hope that this problem sorts itself out before too long so that you can put that new hip to good use!!!
Take care of yourself,
Diane xx
 
@Irish Joe Hi Joe am not walking too much because I can't! Pain is permanently there and gets worse when I walk. Even a walk down the garden is hard. Doing hamstring stretches and they help with pain in butt. Am back on a stick again but hopefully will get some answers on Thursday. Think I need to see a back specialist as I do have problems with my sacroiliac - maybe the rough handling needed to get hip done has moved something about? Who knows.
 
@Delphi Hi there. Yes have a setback - no pun intended! Hope to find out what it really is and then can work on it. Would like to be pain free by September as am on holiday in the Scottish mountains!!! Hope you are doing ok and that your recovering well - cheers carol
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom