THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

@Cas Nice to hear from you and sorry you're still having some problems. My hip (left) is doing well but my right knee is a bear right now and I've been posting over on the knee side--suspect I'm headed for a knee replacement, ugh. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just enjoy these new hips???
 
@Cas so sorry you are still suffering from back pain. Did you finish with the chiro? Did it help at all? Please do keep us updated!
 
Good to hear from you, Carol. Hang on in there. Thinking about you and wishing you all the best from now on,
Take care,
Diane x
 
hi all nice to hear from you . Am still with chiro and it is fine when I leave with no pain. Next day OMG back to constant pain. Not sure whether to carry on as its costing me £160 a month to see him. Need some advice although this is not the site for this as I know its for hip and knee repacements. My hip is ffine, still a bit tight but know this would come with more walking - just cant walk without pain at mo!!! maybe one day. Thanks all love Carol
 
@Cas have you asked your GP for a referral to a spinal specialist? Sounds like you need at least a diagnosis into what is going on with your back.
 
@Cas.
Been keeping a check on you now for a while. At your stage in recovery I still had quite a bit of back pain and it still plays up now and then. I find when I'm walking properly and I don't always then my back is ok and when my gait is a bit off so is my back. I'm hoping its the same with you but no harm to have a scan done on it to tell for sure.
I think you'll still get there Cas.
Joe.......
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jaycey Hi all its been a while since I posted. My Hip is brill but have developed bad back. Apparently it has been fractured at some time in two places although dont know if thats causing the intense pain. It means I am in constant pain and unable to walk far before having tp sit down. After lots of physio, chropractic visits and every pain killer possible with the doctor telling me I would just have to put up with it I eventually went and paid to see a spine specialist. His verdict was that it was something wrong with my skeleton and I do have one leg longer than the other he has referred me for an MRI of my lower back. This was what I wanted as no one can tell me what is wrong. ( one leg too long/ leg ok from another. muscles not working right/muscles ok from another. Could be trapped nerves . Everyone different!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the MRI will find something and he suggests he will give me cortezone injections if something is found. Hope all of you are doing well and find your new hip a boon as I do.
 
Last edited:
@Cas Gosh - sounds just like what I went through with my back. The MRI will show trapped nerves (mine were piled one on top of another) and for many cortezone settles this. My first injection worked for many months.

When is your MRI appointment? Fingers crossed you can get this treated soon.
 
@Jaycey Not got a date yet but sometime in Nov I think. Do hope he can find whats wrong and cortizone works for me. It's been so long I don't know what walking without pain is anymore!!! LOL. Hope you are keeping ok and we will meet up soon I hope for a coffee and chat x
 
now have my appointment for MRI on Oct 24th.
This is great news! Take some music/headphones. And if you are the least bit claustrophobic tell staff. I just kept my eyes closed and listened to my music.
 
lol- yes I will. Just hope they don't find anything too serious!! Well at least I can do no more. Fingers crossed xx
 
@Jaycey cy hi have been overdoing it a bit I think. House needed painting and I was bending a lot. Got some pain around hip. Think its muscle and not the hip but got worried. Only asking for reassurance - what a wuss am I !!! Am sure because of not being able to walk far all muscles need strength. Can't wait to walk and build up distance with doggies. Thanks Carol
 
Last edited:
@gertie Hi there. Yes it,s a bumer not being able to fully enjoy our new hips. Sorry to hear your having knee problems now but get it sorted asap then you'll be romping about:dancy:. My right knee will be next I think it has trouble mounting stairs - no power ! but doesnt hurt at the moment. keep me informed how you're doing hugs Carol
 
House needed painting and I was bending a lot. Got some pain around hip.
Any new activity causes stiffness and sore muscles. Especially if it is repetitive. Hope you can rest that hip a bit.
 
@Jaycey will be doing. I know it's 11 months but still have a while to go. As long as hip is firm I'll be happy. Thanks for your continued support it means a lot. Think people think you are all ok by now but thats not the case. I think because my hip is so good I tend to forget about it and then overdo things. " Must have patience, must have patience " is my mantra when I get silly. LOL.
 
@Jaycey Hi there. Got the results from my MRI today. My spine from just below skull all the way down including shoulders is riddled with arthritis. Specialist say i it was a hip he'd replace it tommorow. Not anything they can do. Surgery is not an option. Am going for cortezone injections to see if they work otherwise it will be a wheelchair for long walks!!!!!
 
@Cas Wow - you and I are twins! Is it only arthritis or do you have bad discs as well? Is your pain sciatic related?

I had 3 injections. The first one worked for months. The others didn't - but some of the pain was probably referred from my bad hip.

Can you get referred to a physio who specialises in spinal issues? I am no longer able to take any pain medication for my back (except paracetamol). I found building the core muscles helped me to carry myself better and eases the pain a bit. And I just keep moving as much as I can. Not sure you need to end up in a wheel chair at all. Who was it that suggested that route?
 
@Cas So sorry to hear about your MRI results! How frustrating for you! I see that Jaycey suggests a physio who focuses on spinal issues and that sounds like a great idea. I hope you can find something that brings some relief.

I ended up having both knees replaced over the summer and am doing well in recovery, although it is a much harder recovery than hips! The new hip (now more than a year old) has held up well through all this.
 
@Jaycey Hi you two old friends.Yes I have sciatica down the left side as well!! Also slight curved spine at bottom. The pain is in a belt across the bottom of the spine and down into buttocks. What a pain LOL when my hip is just brill. Am waiting to see what the pain clinic says and for the injections. It's painful to even walk around the house never mind a hike with the dog!!!! He's got cabin fever bless him. Will let you know what transpires ( hope Josephines ok with me posting about back on here). If not she is welcome to remove it and I will PM you. Hi @gertie so glad all is going well with you. What a trooper. Specialist says knees have had it too -am falling apart. But don't know if it would be wise to have them done as can't walk anyway!!!!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom