THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

Everything is working differently now and your back is trying to compensate for the differences. I agree with Joe - chiropractor or an osteopath might help. I had the same issue with my SI joints - they were actually locked up post LTHR. Several appointments with an osteopath and acupuncture really did help.

Question - have you purchased new shoes since having your surgery?
 
The strength is 8mg. Do I need a stronger one?
Without a doubt. Co-codamol with 8mg codeine is barely headache strength! But the stronger varieties are prescription only so you'd need to see your GP.

Better yet, ask him for just codeine and paracetamol separately so you can have the 30mg and take one or two with two paracetamol.
 
@Josephine @Jaycey thanks for your input will get stronger codeine from GP .
What strength do you suggest I ask for.
Yes I have bought all new shoes and boots as dog ate the others!!! was too slow to get them off him!!!
Am now down to 1 pair boots and 1 pair walking shoes. Slightly diminished wardrobe LOL
 
will get stronger codeine from GP. What strength do you suggest I ask for.
I don't think the GP would take it kindly if you requested a specific dose! It's rather up to him.
But the usual strength prescribed is 30mg and 1-2 tablets every 4-5 hours.

But whatever, take each dose with 2 paracetamol.
 
@Josephine @Jaycey been to chiropractor that I had before op. he said.
1. before op my right leg was Half an inch longer than left.
2. Now it's one and a half inches longer than left.
3. Right hip is up and foreward of left.
4. all muscles are very tight around hip and pelvis.
5. Thinks he may be able to make it more level.
6. If not heel lift is the way to go or have another op to make the leg length equal.
7. says he can't understand why the surgeon didn't evened length during op.
8. am in a lot of pain and asked for codene only tabs but got cohydromol at 10 mg codeine.
9. have asked for app with doctor. What do I ask?
thanks for all your help. Am feeling quite down about all of this.
 
all muscles are very tight around hip and pelvis. Thinks he may be able to make it more level.
I would wait until you have some chiropractic adjustments before doing anything like getting a lift. If the muscles are tight, your chiropractor should be able to help ease this. What is the the chiropractor's plan for you?
have asked for app with doctor. What do I ask?
Ask why the LLD was not corrected during surgery. Was your LLD measure before the op? If not, why? Is it was, why couldn't this be corrected.

So sorry are in pain. I hope the chiropractor can help you get some relief from all this! Please keep us updated.
 
cohydromol
Do you mean codrydamol?
That's a shame. All you can do is try them for a couple of days and then go back and say they're not managing your pain adequately and you need something stronger. I also suggest you keep a log of your pain scores: about an hour after you've taken the tablets, estimate your pain on the 1-10 score and show it to him when you go back.

[Bonesmart.org] New Hip -Now bionic!!<
 
@Cas , I just wanted to stop by and wish you well. How frustrating for you to still be experiencing pain. I applaud your tenacity in seeking an answer for it. Your chiropractor sounds very clued in, hopefully you'll find some relief after a couple of visits. That would be amazing if he could level you out.

After my first thr I had LLD and while waiting for the second, PT suggested a lift which made everything worse because it was too soon after first thr and I wasn't measured professionally. My poor hips.. one was healing while the other was deteriorating, pelvis was tilted every which way and it ached all over.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Horseshoe Thank you for looking in. Yes know what you mean about pelvis aching all over and it gets worse as I walk more. Hope he can help but at the mo I would go for riser just to escape the pain!!
 
@Josephine @Jaycey thanks for your advice. Pelvis was so painful last night after massage and manipulation as my chiropractor said it would be but this am the aching has subsided to just a dull ache - hallelujah:happydance: . He has said no twisting from waist and to wear my belt during the day. No PT exercises and no heavy lifting just walking and to keep record of pain levels. Have another app next Thursday when he will asses me again. Apparently the LLD is causing the pain and aching in muscles around pelvis and hip , he checked all my spine and said it was ok but the sacroiliac joint was suffering because of the imbalance. Had a wee cry last night but then picked myself up and told myself " there are worse than you so get up and work through it " .
The dog thought I was bonkers!!! LOL !
Chiro doesn't want me to have a riser unless absolutely necessary but at mo would have one if it eased the pain
By the way hip joint is totally brill - just the other stuff!!
 
sacroiliac joint was suffering because of the imbalance
Oh @Cas - this is exactly what I had post LTHR! So sorry you are going through this. But the good news is your chiro seems to know what he is doing. If you can avoid a lift that would be great. Hang in there - this does get better with treatment!
 
@Jaycey thanks for the reply am just fed up that I still can't walk dog any distance never mind just going for a walk round town. Thought I would be able to by now. Can't hoover etc as that involves twisting and have to think about every move before I make it. Feel like I'm back at square one again LOL !! Never mind will keep taking the anti depressants and hope for a better Summer. Oh to be pain free again have forgotton what it feels like!!!!!
Hope you are keeping ok and feeling fit. Cheers Carol
 
@Cas you are still taking your pain meds right? I found that after the first sessions of chiro/osteopath things seemed a bit worse before they got better. Do you know anyone that does acupuncture. The combination of the 2 treatments really worked for me.

PS - I still can't hoover to this day. Twisting just kills my back. I get the OH or my cleaner to do it now!
 
@Jaycey LOL ! love that you get someone else to do it! The hovering I mean. Think my long suffering daughter would be horrified if she thought she would have to do all hovering, floor washing etc for ever:rotfl:. Hope I can do this someday. Will see about the acupuncture - thanks:friends:
 
@Jaycey @Josephine Hi there not been on for a while as am still struggling with back pain. My chiro has askd me to do knee to chest exercises and has also pushed leg in that direction to get hip back in balance. Is this ok as I don't want to damage my new hip! Thanks all advice gratefully received.
 
@Cas.
SI Joint is the devil to say the least.
One of mine was a nightmare before surgery and for a little while afterwards but it doesn't bother me now.
I'm glad the Chiro pointed out that your spine seems fine. This means that he can help you.
If its muscular it can definitely be relieved.
Hang in and try to remain positive and optimistic.
I'm keeping an eye on you.
Best Wishes.
Joe.........
 
My chiro has askd me to do knee to chest exercises
As Jo says, this should not hurt. And go carefully if you feel very tight. Fingers crossed for you @Cas !
 
Hi all am still here! Have had a few rough weeks but not giving up . Am off to see doc to see what else I can try for the back. Want to see a back specialist to see what the problem really is so will keep ypu all updated. Hope all my pals on here are enjoying a painfree recovery. I think they must be as I don't see them posting anymore. Cheers Carol.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom