THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

Most consultants have a private practice webpage that should give you an idea of pricing. Both my THR consultations were £125-135.
 
@Cas, what a shame that you are having new back problems and still so much pain and disability! Hope you can get that appointment soon, and can get some relief. If recovery were dependent on having a good attitude, you'd be in full recovery now. I hate the spine problems, since that's what's holding me back these days. I can get around pretty well with the cane and trekking poles, but my back bothers me so much. Seeing my spine specialist this week to see officially how much worse things are getting. Will be getting a better brace, too.

Anyway, take care, Carol. May you be able to walk your lovely dales soon! :friends:
 
@Bionic thanks for the info. Thought it might be about that but it's better than waiting for months. At least I will know what they intend to do for me! Hope you get your ops soon as it really is a drag on you phisically and mentally. Have a great day. Thanks Carol
 
@Jaycey thanks for the info. That would be a much better price! Will find out today , hopefully.xxxxxxx
 
@Krista So lovely to hear from you again. Am so sorry you are still in so much pain. I know all about the hobling about on sticks LOL we tend to look like wobbly crabs!!!!! Or at least I do. Still doing as much walking about as I can so as not to seize up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter is off tagging sharks next week then we are going down to Essex for 4 days. The power chair lets me get out and meander for miles so that will be very useful. It's amazing how many places you can go in one. Beach,stubble fields, grass etc.
Do hope you get good news next week. It will be great if they can help you and your spine! Let me know how you get on. Lots of love Carol xxxxxxxxxx
 
Hi all am now training my dogg to walk beside a wheelchair - oh what fun!! LOL. We can now walk a few yards without him flying off to investigate a new smell with me in tow:dogwalk:. At least we are only practicing in our courtyard and not subjecting the general public to the terror:dogsniff:. My daughter came out with me at the weekend with said dog. We went round a town and market near us and he was really well behaved and walked beside me all the time. Even passer bys remarked on how well behaved he was!!:puppysmooze:. We are making progress. Will keep you informed of progress xxx
 
Oh @Cas - I do hope they can come up with a solution to address all this pain! Fingers crossed for Monday!
 
Good luck for Monday, do let us know how you get on! Where did you choose to go?
( If I decide to go for a private appointment, I will go to Leeds General Infirmary and to the neurosurgeon Mr Deniz who dealt with my brain aneurysm 5 years ago!)

Well done to your dog walking nicely with your wheelchair!
 
Hi all have seen the surgeon and he advises conservative care. I.E. pain killers untill the problem gets worse. So no surgery yet. I have had more injections in my back but they have not worked as good as the last lot. Am resigned at the moment to using a wheelchair and mobilty wheelchaire to do my long dostance walking alough I do as much walking as I can with just minimul aids. My hip however is brill so must be hankful for small mercies. LOL. Hugs to all Carol xxxx
 
I.E. pain killers untill the problem gets worse.
:skep: Isn't being tied to a wheelchair already worse? I guess I don't understand your surgeon's logic. Injections aren't working and you are still in pain. Surely the next step is surgery to ease this? Frustrated for you!
 
@Jaycey my GP says its prob due to the fact that everyone is trying to cut costs at mo. Also the cut off point for surgery is 55 BMI. Mine is 54 so I am under the cut off point. He will send me back to the neuro surgeon if I want. Just worrying now about the op and where the incision is as there is a chance it may leave me paralysed. Will have to think about it.
 
:wave:Carol.
Good to hear from you.
I hate that you are in a holding pattern ...but it sounds like you haven't let it keep you from doing things and I'm glad that hip is well with all that sitting. Has to be easier!
I bet you zip around like a race driver!:)
Glad to see your name on the forum as you were very encouraging to me early days.
Hope your weekend is sweet!
 
@Cas What surgery are they suggesting for you? I know spinal surgery sounds scary but the chances are very good that your issues will be resolved. Sounds like your GP is in your corner as well. What does the GP say about the surgery?
 
TWO YEAR UPDATE

Two years on and my hip is doing great. Can do everything I could before my hip rebelled!! No pain there and I truly do forget I have a replacement. Nowadays I don't even think twice before I do things. I do have pain in other places but nothing to do with my hip and am battling on with these. Anyone who is struggling keep at it it really is worthwhile no matter how long it takes to get there. Happy healing to everyone. Cheers Carol.
 
@Jaycey hi. have been struggling a bit lately with trapped nerve and the meds they gave me for the pain also made my blood pressure go through the roof so am weaning off it and BP is steadily going down to normal. Back is just the same but there is nothing except painkillers that can be done for that. It's basically arthritis all across lower back and spine. Bulging disc is responding more to anti inflamatories and my Rhemo guys said I may need stronger anti inflamatories to control Rheumatism as I have the inflamatory sort. Basically on fire !!! LOL!! Due for another scan for this soon. Oh the joys of getting older ( note I don't say getting old as I don't FEEL old! ). Apart from all that am feeling great and looking forward to a better year in 2019. My daughter and I are going back to venice for my 70th next year and have it all booked. Now do I pack the crutches, or wheelchair, or power chair? Not sure which will fit the suitcase :rofsign::loll:. Hope you are keeping well hugs Carol xxx
 
:wave:@Cas
Great update.:egypdance::happydance::egypdance:

Great inspiration for new hippys!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom