THR New 2 hips now<

Hi @Mojo333 I went for bone scan Monday. I read report and does not look like anything abnormal but seeing my OS Monday to go over. I am looking forward to what he may think about my pain. I have done zero resting and it feels better. But still pain when i lift leg from laying position and when putting pants on. Hoping it's just a slow healer or muscle. My pain is more of a ache not crazy but enough to notice and worse after activities. I will post after my visit. Thank you for checking on me
 
:hi:I'll be interested to see what he thinks also.
Think I told you before you had your July hip done on my birthday!
I notice it every time I see your signature.
Hope your weekend has been relaxing. Deep healing can take time. Do rest it!
 
Well good news not infection. OS said it's mechanical psoas tendonitis or tendon impigment. So he will send me for a x ray guided lidocaine and steroid injection. He said if no improvement then arthroscopic tendon surgery which is last resort. I guess if injection works he knows what's going on. I'm just thinking how can one injection fix the issue? Is that possible?. Still positive I am in good hands.
 
Took my first tumble tonite. I tripped over my sweet little dog. Uggg I landed half on tile half on rug. Mostly felt like my right side knee. I could not get up of course my big bulldog tried to help. I scared myself so bad I was nauseous. I got up and walked so I'm hoping all is ok. Lord falling the biggest fear is over. Praying I'm ok in the am. Clutz
 
Sorry to hear about your fall. It’s scary isn’t it? I used to fall so often I got used to it but since I’ve been told that if get a fracture I wouldn’t be able to heal or have surgery it’s made me very frightened of falling. The reality is...fear helps us be careful. BTW...my last fall was caused by my little dog too. Glad you’re okay.
 
So sorry about your fall. I totally understand how scary it was for you. As you were able to walk I’m sure you’ve not done any serious damage. Hope you’re able to get a good nights sleep
 
My knee down is hurting pretty bad. Pain walking but from knee. It is not swollen but I did take most of the fall on the knee. It doesn't hurt to touch just moving and aches while trying to sleep. I really don't want to go to Dr. I took Advil and using ice. My hips feel ok. Lord have mercy
 
@Sunnyhippy we have all had that first fall post THR - and it's pretty darn scary. The good news is in most cases you just feel a bit bruised and embarrassed. Ice and elevate - falls are very jarring on the whole body. Take a few days to rest and let that knee settle. Let us know how you are doing.
 
Very sorry about your fall and resulting sore knee @Sunnyhippy
I'd imagine it was pretty scary. I think it's something we all fear.
Hopefully the OTC pain reliever and some ice is helping to ease the pain.
You're not a clutz. Could happen to any of us.
Hope you're feeling better today! :console2:
 
Last edited:
No falling down and going boom:no-fin: it's in the rule book.
I had my first frightening fall. Thank goodness nothing damaged.
Scary:scaredycat:
Hope your knee eases soon. :loveshwr:
 
@Jaycey thank you for the info. Thought I was going to have a breakdown over this. Advil and ice are working great very little pain now just aches. I take this as a good sign. I need a bubble now to put around myself. I am so careful But it happens. Now I will be even more careful.
@Layla @Mojo333
I feel lucky it could of been worse. Was so scared. I am resting and Advil and ice are doing the job. I truly wish theses hips were bionic. Going next Wed to meet Dr who will inject my hip. I am hoping that works and don't need any surgery. Thank you ladies ❤❤❤❤
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
It's good to hear you're resting and that the Advil and ice are helping.
I would have been scared also.
Hope you have a positive result with the injection next Wednesday.
Wishing you a great night!
 
I too am hoping the injection gives you some relief.
Hope your day is better and knee is feeling better:hi:
 
I'm feeling alot better today. I am so thankful. Has anyone had success with the shot to tendon. I know he is using this as a diagnostic tool. If I get relief it's the problem and if it doesn't last possible surgery to correct. My pain is more of a ache. Wonder if I don't have surgery can it just stay this way? I am still better off than pre hips I could live with it. Thank you ladies
 
Hey @Sunnyhippy
I read elsewhere you're struggling a bit....going through some testing.
I hope you're not in too much pain and that you get answers soon.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend :console2:
 
@Sunnyhippy I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. I had many injections that were used strictly for diagnositic purposes. My OS did tell me that if the injection into the hip gave me any relief, that meant the issue was in the hip (and not "somewhere else"). I also had injections into the psoas tendon and that gave me about 2 days pain relief. The injection into the hip gave me weeks of pain relief.

Now that I have had the screws removed and the mechanics of the prosthesis changed, I feel like a new person.

Here's hoping that you can get some pain relief as well as find out what the issue is.
 
@Marvy
Thank you for your response. That is what my OS said. His diagnosis for now is psaos issue. My pain is not constant but with certain movements like raising leg from laying down (pt move) and putting undies on I get pain. I don't have any screws in implant x rays look good also bone scan was good. Hoping to get a diagnosis after shot. He did mention arthroscopic surgery which is the last thing I want.
 
Omg I woke up with a uti. I think it started Monday. Heading to urgent care but worried about this going to my hip because it's been a few days. I felt fine yesterday. But I know it's a uti now. Uggggg stresssed
 
A UTI will not impact your implant - please don't worry. Just get on those antibiotics and get it treated. Please keep us updated.
 
@Sunnyhippy.

I'm also a double thr like you. Weeks 6 on the left leg week 10 on the right.
Right side is doing fine. Like you the other leg is not healing as quickly. But with time I know it will. I've slowed down on my meds to just the one at bed time. Can't sleep otherwise. Legs ache to much. I do pt 3 times a week and like you said. Out of the 30 minutes I'm there the therapist walks off and leaves me to myself. I only continue going because I'm worried my OS won't release me back to work on the 16th of this month when my pt ends.
Keep us updated sounds like your doing very well.
 
Back
Top Bottom