THR New 2 hips now<

Best of luck at your appointment next week @Sunnyhippy
I hope you find relief from the pain. I would imagine it is annoying at a year post op.
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Wishing you comfort!
 
:wave:Wondering how you were ?
Have you seen doctor yet...I know you were going this week.
Hoping today is a good day!:SUNsmile:
 
@Mojo333
I have my CT tonight and see OS 9/11 but should be able to read my report by Tues. A little nervous but it is what it is. In reading others posts my pain is not severe, it's just there on and off same since day one. Hoping for a diagnosis
 
Wishing you the best, Sunnyhippy
I hope all goes well today. Sorry you're anxious. I'll say a prayer for you.
Let us know how it goes.
@Sunnyhippy
 
I do think it's been a long time...so :fingersx: they have some firm answers for you.
Will be thinking of you!
:friends:
 
Got the report it does not seem like anything is seen but diverticulosus. Any input from Josephine?

[Bonesmart.org] New 2 hips now<
 
It certainly appears that way.
I'll tag @Josephine as you didn't and she might not see this.

How is your pain? Is there still the suspicion it is tendinitis?

Glad implants seem all good.
Hope your weekend is peaceful!
 
Okay, so nothing found. Let's start with the obvious!
I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Here y'go then!

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are

1. what approach did you have for your surgery? Anterior, posterior, lateral? You can look here to see the various types THR approaches or incisions

2. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).

3. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

4. are you icing your painful area at all? If so, how often and for how long?

5. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

6. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

7. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
@Josephine

1. Had posterior for both

2. Pain level is 2 more of an ache doing certain moves like putting undies on and trying to lift leg straight up from lying down (like or move they show you) ache has been since surgery

3. No pain meds I take an Advil on occasion because I don't like taking them.

4. No icing

5. No elevating

6. I do normal housework and cooking. But really rest alot.

7. No PT except trying a few leg lifts to check pain. I was walking 1 mile on treadmill 3x a week. I have felt this made me ache worse so I have stopped for a month. This has seemed to lesson the aches. So now no exercise.
 
Last edited:
Happy to hear the x-ray showed nothing. Hopefully, Jo, has some direction for you.
I look forward to her response.
I hope you have a nice holiday weekend!
@Sunnyhippy
 
@Layla @Josephine
Not sure I tag correctly. I'm not sure what is next. I know CT cannot see everything but due to cost and making myself crazy. This left hip is not what I wanted but I do not want any surgery. It's better than pre-surgery but it's never without aches.
 
So with no advise I guess my situation is maybe normal? Could it be I just am not healed muscle or tendon wise? I'm more cofused now. Will this sort itself out? Is there hips that just ache and some don't?
 
Hi Sunnyhippy,
I'll tag @Josephine again to see if she can offer an opinion on how you should move forward.
Whether that means to pursue this further with your OS, or just live with the discomfort.
I'm not a medical professional so I don't know how to advise in your situation, sweetie, but I understand you must feel like you're treading water, with no relief in sight.
Hopefully Josephine has some words of wisdom to share with you.
To brighter days...
@Sunnyhippy
 
@ Layla
Josephine said she could not add anything. So just want to know if others live with it. I'm hoping it just goes away. I am grateful it's not serious like infection or like other severe issue. Getting a diagnosis seems unlikely. I need to just accept this is my new normal. My pre surgery pain was not livable. Thank you for your support
 
You're welcome. I'm happy that you're feeling better than pre-surgery but
ideally it would be nice if you didn't have to live with discomfort.
Prayers you get some advice or answers.
@Sunnyhippy
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom