THR New 2 hips now<

Hey @Sunnyhippy
Nice to hear from you. It sounds as though you're doing well.
Wow....a year already next month, for your first THR.

My OS told me a THR will never feel perfect. They can't duplicate our natural hip but it
sure feels pretty close, doesn't it? Some people say 90% is better than the pain and limitations most of us
dealt with pre-op. I'm guessing that at only 7 months post op there is still some room for improvement as this process can take up to a year. I'd say unless you're in pain to give it a few more months and see if you notice greater improvement. I'll bet you will.

Warm wishes for a wonderful Spring and Summer!
 
Thank you as always. Do I need to download the new version of bonesmart?
 
Not necessarily.
:hi: glad you popped back in.
Hope you continue to do well.:wave:
 
Hello fellow hippies. I made a appointment with my OS for Monday. My left hip the 8 month old side just has not felt pain free. I have tried easy exercise and resting which if I rest anymore I am useless. The other nite I got a sharp pain in back of thigh and next day still hurt. It felt better but never without ache like when I try to put on undies etc it aches not constant only with certain moves. Well today I am having pain while walking this is scaring me. Pain level is enough for a small limp. Aches even sitting outside thigh and front stem like. I'm worried.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
I'm sorry you're struggling. I know it's difficult but try not to worry.
Consider icing and rest for a couple days if you aren't already.
Prayers you receive a logical explanation when you meet with your OS on Monday.
Will be thinking of you....keep us posted.
 
For once I'm not completely losing it. I just am praying it's not anything crazy. This side has been so much harder and it was the good side. My first hip is great only a ache on occasion. I'm so out of shape now . Thank you for your support
 
:fingersx: for OS appointment!
Glad you are trying to just take it easy and wait to see what's up.
Sending much sympathy:console2:
 
Went to my OS he sent me for blood work to rule out infection and scheduling a bone scan. X rays looked good. Scared for sure.
 
I'm sorry @Sunnyhippy
When will you hear back?
Praying for favorable results, your comfort and peace of mind.
Please keep us posted.
 
@Layla
Lab said blood work will be back tomorrow so that's good. And they will authorize and schedule bone scan. This hip has never been pain free still better than before. He did say it could be a tendon and of course rule out infection. He's a great Dr so calm even though I cried. Praying that it's nothing serious. Still no regrets on having hips done.
 
@Layla just seen results on my own thru portal is this good new? Uggg
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New 2 hips now<
    Screenshot_2018-03-26-19-45-50.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 138
  • [Bonesmart.org] New 2 hips now<
    Screenshot_2018-03-26-19-44-58.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 133
Hi @Sunnyhippy
I'm not a medical professional, sweetie but it doesn't look like anything was flagged and if you
look at "Your Value" and then the "Standard Range" your results fall within the Standard Range, which is what you want.

Google:
CRP (C- Reactive Protein) and
Sedimentation Rate blood tests so you have a better understanding.

Hope you have a great night!
 
I’ve worked pathology...it looks pretty good. No increase in inflammatory markers, makes the ASSUMPTION there’s no infection.
 
@Gidget and @Layla
Thank you so much I was a mess when he even mentioned infection. He is sending me for a bone scan. He said he didn't think it was infection but that's all i heard and freaked. Thank you i will keep you posted.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Try not to worry. He told you he doesn't think there is any infection. That's a positive!
Cling to that. He's being thorough and that's a good thing.

Zinnia and Mireille are going through similar testing themselves.
Check out their threads. You may be able to offer each other encouragement, experiencing the same.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Sunnyhippy, please keep us posted.
 
@Layla wow I read both there posts. She also lives in Fl. I am on east coast. My pain is worse but again my OS moved my hip all around. I know something is wrong. I told him since day one this hip hurts. I always told myself give it time. But my gut says it's something. Praying it is just a muscle or tendon. Scan on Monday but have to wait until following Monday to see OS and get results. I'm going to be ok either way. I'm just resting I'm great at that lol. I will keep you posted. Thank you ladies for your continued support.
 
:wave:Wondering how you were and if you got any answers with bone scan.
Hoping you got some answers...
 
Back
Top Bottom