THR New 2 hips now<

Hello fellow hippies. Well my back is better. I still have not exercised in 2 weeks . Today I picked a small spot on end of my insicion. I know I should of left it alone. I thought it was a stitch. A little blood a tiny spot but now paranoid. I cleaned it and put some ointment on. Should I worry?
 
I wouldn't worry--just keep it clean. Taking it easier on exercise is probably good. Remember it can take a year or so for body to fully recover from surgery--and you had two very close together.
 
@MammaT
Thank you for responding. I should of left it alone. Yes excersise I want to do but then suffer after. I will do small stuff next week.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Great news on your back feeling better.
I wouldn't worry about the spot you picked at, sweetie. Just keep an eye on it.
Josephine just wrote about infection under dapplega's thread.
His is the one with the W as his avatar with a purple background.
Stop by and read if you feel like it. It is interesting and points out that the overall
risk of infection is pretty rare. I think you'll be fine.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
@Layla
Thank you so much. I am so thankful for you all. I will check out that post. Hope you have a great holiday also.
 
Don't think you should worry...but I told you your hip has the same birthday as my birthday...so keep on behaving or I'm gonna send some evil eye juju on you.
Time for strengthening and playing when you finish healing some.
Santa is watching you.
Me too:no-fin:
Hope tomorrow is a good day:SUNsmile:
 
@Mojo333
Which hip is same birthday? Have you found any exercise that your hip likes. I was doing fine on treadmill then got a stationary recumbent bike. Very comfy I did 4 miles skipped a day then 4 1/2 miles then right side back out. Oucheee. Nothing hurt using bike at the time. I do have some back issues and I still have pain after sitting trying to stand in my back. Hips feel great. What a journey. I want to be back in shape but not sure how to do it without pain later. I may see my Dr for my back soon. Your all so great i appreciate you si much. My anxiety has been good until I picked that spot. But I will calm down.
 
July 28...my actual birthday. I am having some lower back pain but contemplating chiropractor or osteopath if doesn't ease. Posture is helping and right now no formal exercise. I walk so much right now in the course of my job at the food bank...it's located in an old school with three wings and long hallways so I have to give it a rest by day's end. I want to stay toned and fit but want these hips to last the rest of my life so figure I can let that bone grow to prostheses, let those muscles and tendons get good and healed up, and whatever I lose, I will get back when my legs are ready to go. Trying to keep weight down also....
 
Hello fellow hippies. Well I got my first head cold. Very low fever I am wondering if I ride it out or go to Dr. Now with 2 new hips I worry about everything. Hips doing good some days an ache on occasion in my newer one but feeling good. Hope everyone is doing well
 
Glad you popped in. Yep, recovery can be wiggy...good and then...oh Yea, still healing.
[Bonesmart.org] New 2 hips now<
 
Aww, Sunnyhippy
So sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Unless you're really sick I'd try to ride it out.
Lots of rest, lots of fluids. I've been hearing of a lot of people getting sick lately, mainly colds, just like you. Sadly it's that time of year. Good news your hips are doing well.
I hope you feel better soon. Do lots of this > :sleep:
@Sunnyhippy
 
Thank you ladies your the best. I would lose my mind without you. No fever so going to rest. Hope everyone is well. I am back walking on treadmill 3x a week with no problems. Journey on xoxo
 
Glad you’re back to your walking
 
Great news on the treadmill @Sunnyhippy Good for you!
Hopefully you're feeling better today.
Wishing you a great weekend :flwrysmile:
 
Glad you are feeling better...hope today is a Good Day.:) :-) (:
 
Hello fellow hippies. It's been awhile. I am almost 6 months post op on left hip and still ache sometimes. I feel like I should feel perfect by now. New year new deductible I need to address my shoulder and back. I still hurt when I sit and try to stand. I do my treadmill then I ache. I really at a loss. I feel I should be pain free. It's not like the pain I had pre op. I just want to be my normal.
 
Hey there @Sunnhippy :hi:

Haven't heard from you in awhile. I want to feel perfect by now too but it can take up to
a year, or even longer to completely recover. You'll get there, it will continue to get better and better!

Sorry you're experiencing other issues. It is maddening to find relief in one area only to realize
another joint is now plaguing us. I hope you get to the cause and find relief soon.

Best wishes for easing pain, comfort and a peaceful week! :flwrysmile:
 
At only 6 months out this is normal. Many hippies complain of aching a year out. Give yourself time - you had 2 major surgeries with months of each other.
I do my treadmill then I ache.
If you don't use your treadmill does this ease. Perhaps you are still trying to push too hard?
 
Thank you ladies. Yes I over did things when my Son was visiting. It's so easy to compare yourself to others. Yes I feel better after rest. And it's only aches not pain. Hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for your supportā¤
 
Hello fellow hippies
I have not posted in awhile. In April it will be a year for right hip. Time flies but my left hip still does not feel great. I wonder if it will ever feel perfect. I try to bend down from knees and can hardly get up. So I think are my muscles weak from pretty sedentary life. I use my recumbent bike easy and do well. Is it normal to still ache. Not the pain pre op for sure. I feel limited on exercise now.. Anyone exercise for strength?
 
Back
Top Bottom