Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, i have it for the cyst. that & ice are my new best friends, xcept for u guys...:biggrin:
 
OT just left...just a sprain.:hairpulling:

I want to keep on keepin' on and this is clipping my wings!
 
This news is wonderful--yea--so happy for you Janet. What perserverance you have shown--a real inspiration. :thumb:
 
Thanks guys. Cappy, so good to hear from you, Billy, just a little blip on the radar, not a setback, really, and MM thanks so much!

Looking back, thank God I couldn't find any one to do a revision as all I needed was 5/8" added to the other leg :DOH:!

I can't believe that everything that I kept describing to these doctors is exactly what was going on! The stem was pushing down into the femur as it was a long stem and I felt it whenever I stepped on it! It hurt!
 
Dear Janet....we cancelled the order for the new TEDS and instead you'll be getting a bubble wrap suit!!!! :th_heehee: Be careful and I hope you feel better soon.
 
Hee hee, ah yes, "THE SUIT"! here I go again...

Actually feeling much better since I woke up this morning. Everything is worse when you first wake up. I have been icing and wearing the splint and I should be fine in a few days.

I'm not letting a little ol' sprain stop me now! Thanks Jamie.
 
Janet, I've just realised YOU'RE BACK! Sorry, I've been a bit busy myself, hehehe. I'm really, really pleased to read that the second THR has been successful and you're now on the road to full recovery (apart from that pesky cyst). Your story has been a long and hard one, but you can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Well done you!!!
 
Thanks Jane, and to think it was so easy to fix? Well, if you can call a second THR easy :th_heehee:. But trully, this second THR has been the total opposite of my first!

Can't you imagine how upsetting it was to me to have all of you (well most) come and go without a hitch and here I couldn't get out of a chair.

:arghh:
 
Janet,

So happy for you that this time a much better experience. Thanks for posting on my thread. In the early days of my 1st THR you were so encouraging to me and I want to thank you for that...and you continue to encourage and support so many people:thumb: Happy healing to you...:friends:
 
Well here I go again. Yesterday while doing the side leg slide, I pulled something in my groin/inner thigh. I should have used a plastic bag to slide but forgot it. I have been icing but I think this one will just take time.

Got the XL TEDS and they are still rolling down and cutting off the circulation below my knees so I am done with those. That can't be a good thing. I have every size going if anyone needs/wants them.

Pretty much all brand new...

Otherwise ...:yes 4:
 
Janet,

I have historically found groin strains to be one of the slower injuries to recover...not exactly sure why that is...but that's my take.

Avoid those things that aggravate it and even go light on gentle stretching till it feels a smidge better.

Remember...it's a marathon...not a sprint...

Z
 
yup, gotcha! so easy to do with that exercise. a plastic bag is really necessary in the beginning...and it was right beside me on a chair :DOH:...
 
Do any of the ladies know how long to wait before having a pedicure? Just worry about infection in those communal foot baths @Josephine: ?
 
Communal foot baths? :what: Never heard of such a thing! I think if I were going for a pedicure, I'd expect a clean, sanitised foot bath all of my own. Joint replacement notwithstanding. Yuk!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom