Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and Peta was just about finishing up on here when I started but I did follow her reunion thread with Mudpro and Renee.
 
Ok Alex, you convinced me...

@kathall: @Songlady: & @JackiesLost: please come and join the reunion on my thread to celebrate my second hip replacement!
 
Thank you SL. I have been icing almost non stop and My GP feels that it is fluid retention more than swelling and increased my Lasix every other day. I am not sore at all, and don't feel the need for pain meds either, although I am taking a token dose.

She feels this way because of the weight gain. I ate very little in hospital or rehab and I was 27 pounds more than usual when they weighed me. I have lost more now and have about 10 pounds to go.

Like I said, I am still icing and still taking meds as I want to stay as comfy as I am...

On that note how are you doing and what't going on in your world?


Janet,

I'm sure you will lose all you desire to lose since your now feeling so much better, you'll find yourself slowly doing more and more.

To answer your question about my world, I went for 2nd opinon with some hip guy locally and he told me in not such a nice way that there's a good chance that I may lose what is left of my hip if I go for the next surgery in which two other Doctors have recommended. At first I let it get me down, but then I thought about it some more and chalked it up to some Doctor basically thinking he is smarter and more knowledgable then any other Doctor in the Universe... LOL. Really his ego was so big I don't think anyone could harrness it if they wanted to.

I'm going to schedule an appointment with a Doc in Atlanta, and see what he says... then take ti from there. Of course I don't want any further surgery but since the two o9f them are recommending the same, I thought it would be wise to just make sure. I can't really count this last opinion I got because all he wanted to do was put down every local Orthopedic in the area, and I just got the feeling that if they said something was blue and it was that he would be one of those that said no it's not its red!

I'm hanging in there though and refuse to let any of this get me down. :thumb:
 
Good for you!

What I meant about the 10 pounds though SL is that it is fluid/edema. That is why she added the Lasix. I can't get ANY TEDS on that are not cutting off my circulation in that leg. I have ordered some XL to see if those work. Otherwise, I am not wearing them any more.

I haven't gained weight from calories, just fluid. I aam walking so good that I can't wait to see the OS end of April and really get to walking outside.

My really only problem right now is that I can't climb stirs as my "good" leg is so weak. But, I have no restrictions, so my PT is checking with the OS to see if i can lead with the newly operated leg for stairs.

Have you considered coming to Boston for treatment? New England Baptist is where all the pro sports teams go, well the Red Sox go to Beth Israel Deaconess I believe. Just a thought since you travel for business anyway.

You should Google them and see what you find, if you haven't already.
 
HI Janet. I too gained a lot of fluid weight in the hospital. Like over 10lbs. They came in and weighed me in the bed and I was mortified. I had actually lost some weight before going in and had no appetite in hospital...I did force myself to eat for strength. A few days after I was home it dropped off and I lost way more than that 10 I gained. So don't fear. I didn't use Lasix or anything.

Also, when a nurse went to fetch some stockings, she looked for mens as they run bigger. Anyway, too uncomforatble and didn't stay on me for long.

Glad you are still feeling better.

Take care.
 
Hi Janet, just popping by to say a BIG HELLO 
 
Janet,

I gothcha now with the fluid retention. I have considered going to NY, Maryland, Boston, Minn - Mayo, Ca, even to a Doc in Europe. There are no restrictions as to where I could go, really what matters is that whomever is someone that specializes in complex revisions and trauma orthopedics.
 
Google Dr. James Bono at New England Baptist Hospital. Very impressive for revisions. That was who I wanted if I needed aa revision. for hip #1.

But, hospital policy prevented it as as he shared an office with my OS. I am sooooo glad that I stayed with my OS now.
 
Hi everyone. I was finally able to climb the stairs, 13 steps, to my upstairs yesterday, with the leg that I haven't been able to do it with. Not easy, but I did it! So, when Bill got home (I did it first with the pt) I had him follw me up and I did it again. This time I showered and washed my hair for the first time :yahoo:! Slow but sure, right Sandy?

So today I made a batch of Bumpa's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (recipe in social thread, BEST EVER :thumb:). I have been craving them and the ingredients aren't all that unhealthy :blush:, ok there is oatmeal and raisins and walnuts :th_heehee:...

My only complaint is the swelling in my operated led. It is going down pretty good from the other leg, but I had to stop wearing the TEDS as they were cutting off my circulation. I ordered some XL that arrived this afternoon so I'll try them tomorrow. My GP increased my lasix every other day, but I don't know if it is helping or not. Oh well, I'm just over two weeks post-op...

The sun came out this afternoon finally but it still is rather raw. Tomorrow I plan on going out for some walks. I really don't like the cold, damp weather so spring weather can not arrive soon enough. We actually had it a few weeks ago but I was in no mood for walking then.

So, everything is good! I wrote out thank you cards to friends and neighbors today for the lovely flowers I have recieved. So while I'm at it:

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words!:loveshower::flowerysmile::happy dance::wubroses::grouphug2::cheers_wine::ThankYou:
 
Mmmmm! I can smell and taste those cookies from here Janet.

Well done on the stairs hon, and yes slow and steady.

Lots of love and very big hugs.

p.s. Got your email, will reply today, your suggestion sounds very, very good. I would like hat very much :)
 
Hi Janet - so glad you are doing so well!

It's good to read of everyone's progess and lives. I'm reading and trying tp catch up on everyone. I should start a new thread as I approach my second anniversary...? Wow, time flies when one can walk! :thumb:
 
Janet, popped by again and added to my post.. Lots of love xoxoxxoxox
 
Janet you sound sooooo good and I'm happy that you are baking and getting back your appetite :thumb:

That shower must have felt mighty good and the stairs..:yahoo::yay:

I hope you do make it outside for a walk tomorrow, even if the weather is cool, it feels great to be outdoor in natural light.

Hugs..:friends:
 
Janet,

I am so very happy for you and how your recovery is coming along. You're such a caring, giving person and you deserve to be happy and healthy. Here's to a continued and complete awesome recovery...:friends:
 
Major milestones Janet! Well done you! So glad you continue to see progress. This is what we have all been waiting for!

@Songlady: Meg feel free to start an anniversary thread. We will all celebrate with you!
 
Hi Janet, so very please that all is going so well after the awful time you had. You'll be going fishing again soon! How's the rest of the family getting on?
Love
Anne x
 
Thanks everyone. You guys ar thr best!

Well, i m typing with1 finger as i think i sprained my wrist trying to get a top off yesterday. right where my ganglion cyst is that has been doingo so well. i can't use my crutch or use that hand at all.

no upstairs as cnt hold the railing, no teds that came, but swelling is much better today.

hey, gotta laugh :th_heehee:...

thang god for pain pills :DOH:...
 
Oh dear Janet! Do you have a wrist brace or maybe an ace bandage that you could wrap around it for support? I do that every so often so always have a wrist brace handy.

Heal well my friend!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom