Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Janet, I am speechless and holding my breath that this is it for you. I think I would weep if it all went pear shaped again, so fingers crossed. You have had a very hard time of late you deserve a long break.:yahoo:
 
Awww...thanks danni. I truly feel my days of pain and bad luck are over. I am feeling like the luckiest woman in thre world right now. I honestly still can't believe it! I thank God every day for my good fortune.
 
I'm so happy that you're feeling good! It was great hearing from Sharon and Sylvia too! (Sylvia, what a great picture!)
Janet, you are on your way to getting your life back. It's about time!!:egypt-dance:
 
Caroline, thank you so much for all of your kindness and concern. It means so much. I hope you are feeling better. I wasn't on much for a while but caught a glimpse of your post about your knees, I think, hurting?

I still haven't been able to respond to other's threads between all of the pt, ot, & nurses coming to my house since I've been home. Not very much computer time yet...

I did get my lad results from yesterday though and things are looking good!
 
I'm glad things are still going well for you, Janet. Isn't it amazing how much easier it all is when things go right in recovery? That was how I felt after my THR. It took a while to accept that things were just keep getting better. Finally.

I love that so many recovered hippies have turned up in your thread. I hope you are enjoying that too.
 
Alex, there are no words to describe this. Anyone outside of BoneSmart would never understand this but I have to say having this hip replacement has been a pleasure!

Just makes me wonder what those people thought was going on when I was in so much excruciating pain back with the first one? How could they not have know something was drastically wrong? Uugh!

Well, that's all behind me. You know, when my GP saw mw yesterday she said she could see it in my face that I was a different person. Like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I sure know I haven't been myself for two years. Constant pain will do that to you. New beginnings Alex.

Yes, it is fantastic that all of these recovered hippies have returned. It is another gift!
 
Wow, Janet! I haven't been on in a little while and look at what I've missed :DOH: I'm so happy that you are back on BoneSmart and that you are having a truly wonderful experience with your latest hip replacement. Welcome home :friends:

Donna
 
Janet....I can FEEL your face beaming through the waves of the internet!!!!
 
Absolutely magical!!!!
 
Janet, you are the sweetest, most caring person ever. Thank you for being concerned about my knee. No wonder you are loved by all of us Bone Smarties!!:wubroses:
 
Janet,

I got your PM, I'm so pleased that all is going so well for you!!!! In regard to ice and the differant types, the ones that I find to work the best and are flexible and big enough are the ones you make yourself. One cup of rubbing alcohol, 3 cups of water and a large zip lock freezer bag. I have four of them which I rotate, and always have two ready to use when the other two melt. The thing I like about them is that they conform to your hip, and that they are big enough to cover a large area.... I use one under my backside, and the other to wrap around my hip and upper thigh.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your still doing so well. Keep us updated on your progress.
 
Thank you SL. I have been icing almost non stop and My GP feels that it is fluid retention more than swelling and increased my Lasix every other day. I am not sore at all, and don't feel the need for pain meds either, although I am taking a token dose.

She feels this way because of the weight gain. I ate very little in hospital or rehab and I was 27 pounds more than usual when they weighed me. I have lost more now and have about 10 pounds to go.

Like I said, I am still icing and still taking meds as I want to stay as comfy as I am...

On that note how are you doing and what't going on in your world?
 
Hi Janet, just checking to see if all is still going well. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. You take care and please keep us updated1
 
It is so nice to read all these positive posts and also see a few of us old Bonesmarties back again. Janet, you seem to draw us all in with your warmth and caring.. Thankyou..:friends:
 
Thank you Sylvia! I think a reunion is always a nice thing to have to catch up on life! We all share a common bond and care a great deal for each other. I am so glad to hear how old friends are doing!

I think I'll try to reach @Rohanknitter: aka Karen for an update! I may have to check the spelling on that...anyone else you can think of? I am so enjoying hearing for everyone. Delightful!
 
Today is the second anniversary of Karen/Rohanknitter's second hip, so she definitely owes us an update, I think.

As for other people to invite to your reunion, I nominate SongLady/Meg and JackiesLost and kathall. I don't know if you knew Peta, but she recently celebrated her second anniversary with her second hip too.
 
I actually email with Jackie and Meg outside of BS. Kathall just stopped responding to email and didn't really participate much for her second.

My anniversary of my first was 3/19 for the original and 4/6 will be for the reivision.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom