Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet can you get one of the kids or a friend to drive you? You are really very early out to drive and I would hate to see you taper off your meds at this critical stage! Just worried. :friends:

Janet!! I could understand you have to make meals to survive but really, cake already:skeptical: (Im sure it was delicious though!) I agree with the above do we ALL need to fly out there and strap you down to a chair:wink1:

WBAT=weight bearing as tolerated.

I know, I shouldn't have made the cake, but everything was at counter top level, I have no restrictions, and I am weight bearing as tolerated so I thought it was ok. Ok, I guess I finally got it! DO NOTHING!

Got to admit I remember baking a cake early in my recovery. I think the advice is just limit the activity. Doing nothing is boring I know. Just plan on doing one thing and then allow a space for rest.

You know the drill Janet - you're the expert at this (unfortunately)!

:hysterical: But of course! Isn't that always the way? You see, I could do NOTHING after my first because of the fracture. I've just felt so good with this one it was easy to forget :DOH:...

No more, promise. And at least I have cake :th_heehee:!

Janet..I can't believe you baked a cake and all those cookies. Take it easy girl. :thumb:

I think the drugs have increased my sugar craving :rolleyespink:..

Just curious though @Josephine: I have "Googled" this and can't really find an answer. And of course, Mama knows best...What exactly does weight bearing as tolerated mean?

With my first, it was WBAT with walker or crutces, but this is strictly WBAT. Does that mean it is ok to NOT use a crutch or crutches if say just walking a short distance, like around my very small kitchen?

Or to the bathroom? Can you do harm by not using an aid? And if so, what damage can you do? Or, is it just for balance? Just curious :scratch:

I just want to apologise for not posting on others threads very much. I am having a really difficult time typing being on the pain meds.

I am thinking of all of you though, and reading the threads. :cry4:SORRY!

Good morning from down under Janet

xoxoxoxoxxox

Janet, you don't need to worry about other people's threads right now. Just get better.

Weight bearing as tolerated means to put as much weight on your foot or toes as you can without causing yourself pain. If it hurts, you're putting too much weight on it.

Hi Janet great to hear how things are going. Just wanted to say I hope you get good news about Bill tomorrow and take care of yourself
Love and hugs
Anne xxx

I'm very happy that you feel so good to bake a cake but gotta remember still early days yet,that was my point. Plus you're taken care of Bill. Don't want any setbacks :biggrin:

Hi Janet

How are you honey?

How is Bill?

Thinking about you xoxoxoxoxoxox

Good Afternoon Bonesmarties! I wrote an update last week and then deleted it as I didn't know if it should go on this thread, but I'm adding it again as it is part of my on going saga here...

Bill does have Squamous Cell Carcinoma which spread from a growth he had removed from his thumb 2 years ago, to the lymph nodes in his arm pit.

The dermatologist and surgeon are amazed as it "usually" doesn't spread. Dematologist feels it had already gone there by the time he removed the thumb growth.

The surgeon did a CT Scan and it is gone, he got it all, and has not spread to anywhere else in his body. We go to the Cancer Center on Tuesday. He may need a few doses of radiation just to make sure and that should be the end! We are very lucky for sure!

Just wanted to let you know the latest but it seems like a best case situation, thank God :prayer1::prayer1::prayer1:...Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers for both of us...XOX

I'm glad the doctor was able to get all of the cancer. Boy, it sure pays to be vigilant, doesn't it! It's good you can be there for each other. Hang in there...both of you!

Thanks Jamie. You know, that was a fast spreading Cancer when it took off. It was just 3 weeks from when Bill felt the lump and it grew to the size of a softball! It was also extremely painful.

Two years ago he had a flat, odd looking patch on his thumb that he needed to see a Plastic Surgeon for. He had skin removed from his lower side. That was supposed to be the end of it.

This new growth was on the same side as that thumb. See how silent Cancer can be? NEVER ignore anything that doesn't look right. Squamous cell hardly EVER spreads as it is a skin cancer!

We were very lucky...

Oh Janet

So sorry, love to you both. Will chat later, got to go to work :( xxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla