Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

I've also looked for work arounds.if there is a way to do something and I really want to do it I will try and find it.
 
@allena

My laptop is playing up so that is why i have not been checking in much. I am hoping that Santa will get me a new laptop for Xmas. Sounds like you are doing great, well done.

Agnes was giving me a hard time yesterday when i thought that i had moved in a way that could cause damage ( i hadn't). I whined to my husband who said "Agnes needs to get a grip". It made me laugh as it highlighted how OTT Agnes can be.

Anyway, perhaps you can use this phrase if she pays you any unwanted visits, GAGA, (Get a grip Agnes).

Thinking of you and sending healing vibes xx
 
I hope you get a new computer soon too.Thanks.It's always nice to hear from you.
 
@allena,

I hope that all is going well, but that term is relative i suppose. We are bound to have up and down days, little successes followed by a plateau. Main thing is that at least we are going in the right direction!

Plenty of healing vibes being sent your way. x
 
It seems ok so far.I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep,but I'll be ok.I'll go t bed early tonight.I did a small load of laundry yesterday.It wasn't too hard,just kind of slow.My grabber,chair,and back scatcher idea worked.I did some of my exercises too.I'm going to go to my church today.It's a small one so I won't have to walk much.I am being careful.I am not pushing myself.
 
Good morning @allena - Sounds like things are going well and that you're feeling strong enough to get out of the house. I hope you have a fantastic day!
 
@swamphiker.good morning to you too. I think I am doing well.my appetite is starting to come back.i ate three small meals yesterday.i ate a good brekfast earlier.thanks.you too.
 
Well, couldn't even keep you in the house for a full week!:) :-) (:
Might be nice to touch base with some folks at church as maybe they can see some opportunities to be helpful and support you as you travel this recovery road.
Hope you take the rest of the day to STAY PUT! Don't want to be worrying for you.:beg:
 
I was out thursday too.I went to the rehab place for the evaluation thing.I promise I will not be going anywhere else today.:)I don't want to worry anyone.
 
:friends:
I want this recovery business to go smoothly.
How does that new hip feel?
I know your leg is probably real sore, as is the incision site, but can you tell that hip is going to be much more stable once you get well?
 
The hip itself is fine.i think it will be fine once it's healed.its going well so far.
 
Church was good.i got a warm welcome,a card some money and some chocolate.i will take it easy the rest of the day.
 
My card
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My recovery thread.
    20181118_133203.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 152
I'm glad you had such a warm reception at church. That card is adorable.
 
That card is so Sweet.
You are doing well friend.
I believe in the future you will be very comforting to those who are apprehensive about this surgery.
Hope you rest well tonight!:roseshwr:
 
True.i think so.i was talking to a guy at my church who is nervous about the surgery.i told him the first few days are not fun and that he will have to deal with a log leg,but what to do about it.i told him he will feel better though.i know I do.
 
Last edited:
You're doing well, allena!
It's so much better to be in recovery than on the anxiety filled pre-op side of THR.
You seem to be taking it all in stride and much more relaxed about everything. It's really refreshing and I'm so happy for you. It's nice to hear you made it to Church and received a warm welcome there. Look...you even had an opportunity to comfort another!
I hope you have a peaceful week. Any plans for Turkey Day?
@allena
 
@allena,

Not even one week and you were out at church and getting a very warm reception! That is amazing and you helped the man at the church too. Just imagine how comforted he will be to see an actual person less than one week after the op doing so well.

As for the card and other goodies, you are clearly very well thought of in your community.

Warmest wishes x
 
Back
Top Bottom