Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

yes,true.:)If I'm up to it I will go to my aunt Kay's house,if not I'll go to my church.
Kay's house is beautiful,but it has sunken floors,lots of steps, and NO bars anywhere.My church is very level and theres's a handicap entrance.I am unsure if I could get around kay's house or not-its not very likely.
 
I slept well aside from waking up once to go to the bathroom then taking my pill.I went to bed early.For some reason I was really tired.lol.It was worth it though.
 
Hope your day is a Good Day.
It is your one week Hipversary and you have been a champ in my book.:yes:
I have all manners of craziness going on with donations and giving out Turkey dinners this week, so may not be able to pop in as often.
Will be still thinking of you and wishing you All The Best!:friends:
 
Happy One Week Anniversary, allena
It's nice to hear you have options for Thanksgiving. Your aunt's, or church.
I'm sure you'd enjoy the company at either one.
I'm cleaning today for Thanksgiving so it can get all messed up again in three days, lol.
Sometimes I think I should just clean afterward, and not before. Getting lazy in my old age.
I hope you have a nice Monday!
@allena
 
Thanks! You just made me feel better :wink:
 
Physical Therapy was so painful.ouch.i really don't like it.i hope it gets better soon.they are very good at torture.
 
Ice, ice ice, allena. Anywhere it hurts. Please don't do anything with PT that hurts you. Your leg is injured and needs to heal, not put through the rigors of a workout. Please read the Big Tip from the Recovery Guidelines -

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

Also realize you can say No to Physical Therapy -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/saying-no-to-therapy-am-i-allowed-to.36688/

Not sure if you've read of the ODIC since you've been on the Recovery side? It's the Over Did It Club.
Many land there through overly ambitious PT. Think of it this way....if you sustained the injuries you have from a car accident, would you be putting your leg through work outs? Most likely not.

We can all do as we choose and if you want to engage in PT, it's your right. Just want you to be forewarned it's not necessary and especially so in these early weeks. Some develop chronic issues from engaging in aggressive PT. I don't want to see you suffer like that after all you've been through getting to this point. Just something for you to consider.

I hope your pain eases quickly and you sleep well tonight.
@allena
 
Thanks.i didn't mind some of them.there were several that really hurt.i would like to skip those.
I don't feel the need for chronic pain.i feel like I have had entirely too much of that.
 
I don't mind exercising .I don't want to overdue it and I don't want too much pain.im funny like that.
 
My best advice would be - don't push through pain.
Pain is your body asking for change, if you believe that....stop if anything they're asking you to do hurts.
@allena
 
Just say No, for those that hurt.
They really don't help.
I'm not good at feeling like I'm not being compliant so I would just hardly try (even if I could've done it) and said...not able to do that today.
I actually dropped PT.
I could do the easy ones myself..walking is all that's needed.
Too early for asking injured leg to perform, in my opinion
 
Back
Top Bottom