Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

Thank you, allena, so very thoughtful of you!
I hope you have a good day as well.
Any special plans for today?
I'm still cleaning the house, ugh! Going to get off BoneSmart quickly this morning and finish up.
Then there's the grocery shopping with all the other procrastinators, like me, who wait until the last minute to get a turkey and everything else that goes along with that big meal. Why is this not fun?
I hope you slept well last night and are feeling good this morning. We have another cold one on tap here today with a high of only 32 degrees. We may get lucky and hit 40 degrees on Thanksgiving. Tropical! :heehee:
Enjoy the day!
@allena
 
Hi @allena

I totally agree with Layla and Mojo re overdoing the exercise. I am a month today and still doing very well, touch wood. I can walk very well without any sticks but i still take one outside (and carry it) as wet weather and loads of leaves. I saw a PT two weeks ago and he was telling me to do loads of exercises that i was not comfortable with after reading posts on this site. I am reasonably assertive and told i him that i wanted to be cautious. He had already told me that i was way ahead of most patients (due to extensive pre-op PT) so my argument to him was 'well why risk a set back'? I think that he meant well but he spoke to me like i was being a naughty (lazy) schoolgirl.

I think that part of the problem is that he was young (in his 20's) and obviously keen to impose the latest recommendations from PT research. He did not believe in the 90 degree rule for example or any precautions whatever from day one. Which is fine but it is not him that would be having a potential dislocation is it? Now i see his job as giving me the benefits of his knowledge but also respecting my wishes as an adult capable of making informed decisions. I respect PT's greatly and appreciate what they do, but, at the end of the day if i have a setback it is me who will pay the consequences. And my dear allena this is one of the few times that i am grateful for Agnes being in the background. She is often too cautious but in this instance i am taking her advice and not doing anything that hurts. Does all this mean that i won't have any problems, obviously not, but at least i don't feel that i am potentially causing unnecessary issues either. I am seeing him again tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how we get on again considering i am old enough to be his mum (and i am not going to let him speak to me like that again) and quite a bit of my fighting spirit is returning!

You sound like that you are doing great. x
 
I'm looking forward to seeing dr.soulsby next tuesday.im hoping it will be ok to get back to the choir soon.i miss them and they miss me.i am hoping to be able to use a cane soon and get off the oxycodone soon.i also really want to be able to drive again soon.i wish I were more patient.i hate to wait for what I want.
 
Last edited:
You'll get there, allena
Recovery does take patience and it can get boring.
Hopefully you can find a variety of things to do to occupy your mind.
It helps to stay as busy as possible. I've read here on BoneSmart that the Hallmark Channel
has some good Christmas movies on all month, if that interests you at all.

If your pain is easing you may be able to start backing off from the meds. One of the first signs you're ready is you'll forget a dose. You may be able to transition to a cane if you're feeling strong enough. Your OS can help you judge that at your appt next Tuesday. I'll bet you get released to drive very soon also. I was three weeks when I went to my first post op and was told then that I could drive. The main requirements are that you're off the heavy narcotics and feel comfortable hitting the brake.
Watch out, here she comes :driver:
@allena
 
Thanks for the information .I have yet to forget a dose.i hope its soon.im still a bit wobbly .It's getting better though.lol.watch out world !I'll be unleashed soon.
 
I don't like many Christmas movies.i am unusual that way.
I've been watching a lot of youtube,Netflix. Etc.
 
@allena

I am sorry for my post to you earlier today going on about my PT. My intention was to say don't do what you are not comfortable with. However, i have just re read it and it was a big rant about me! I am so sorry this was not really appropriate for your thread.

I am really pleased that you are doing so well.

Ginny x
 
It sounds like you are moving right along! I hope you get a good nights rest and tomorrow is even better.
 
Allena, so glad you're doing well!! Even though going to church might be a bit taxing physically, it may be worth it for the psychological benefit of interacting with people! Surgery is so isolating--especially if you don't live with a ton of people. On the other hand, there are currently so many people in my house that I just want to pull a Greta Garbo and duck out by myself!!
 
@otis beagle.Yep,it's worth it.I love my cats,but they aren't good at conversation.lol
 
Good, allena!
Eat lots of protein if you're able. It's important for healing.
Here are some protein snack ideas that you may like, may dislike, maybe never thought of....

Nuts
Trail Mix
Turkey roll ups (cheese or veggies rolled inside the turkey)
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Hard Boiled Eggs
Tuna
Veggies & Hummus
Peanut Butter and Apple
Peanut Butter on Celery
Cheese Slices
Beef Sticks
Protein Bars
Protein Shakes
Canned Salmon on Crackers
Edamame
Chicken Salad
No Bake Energy Bites (many online recipes)

Sweet dreams :yawn: :sleep:
 
@allena,

I hope that all is well with you and pleased that your appetite is returning.

Ginny x
 
Hi Allena. Glad to read all going very well.
:bored:Seems slow, but just over a week out! You are doing great!

One more day of craziness and I will get a break...my hips are so good no-one even knows or remembers I had them replaced do they are trying to kill me at work!:snork:
Hope today is a very good day.
Healing hugs!:roseshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom