Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

Yes,I'm definitely icing.ill be going to rehab tomorrow.i am not Intersted in doing more than I need to.i think I will
I'm so tired.ill keep the ice,packs on my hip and I took my pill.
 
I walked 150 feet back and forth twice today and did some exercizes.i felt like,I walked a mile.
 
I'm happy.i was finally able to go and do number 2.i was constipated for awhile .
 
good morning!I slept pretty well.I woke up once-my pain medecine wore off.I I took another pill and went back to and slept a few more hours.I am alot less stiff in the morning and can actually straighten up now.The hardest thing to do is getting into bed.I can't roll over-and anyway my hip hurts too much to want to roll over,but it's hard to lift it onto the bed.:(I will try using a towel to lift it.
 
Last edited:
Or a belt to a bathrobe, if you have one, works great as a leg lifter.
Sounds like you're doing really well, allena.
I hope today is a good day!
Just remember meds on schedule, ice and rest often.
You'll be surprised by the progress you make week by week.
@allena
 
That's a good idea.I think I do have one.Yes,ice is my friend. a very dear one.I think i am yes.Progress is good.I like it very much.I hope you have a good day too.
 
Your updates sound good! I was ecstatic when my leg started to move without my hands a few days after surgery! It'll get easier and better, you'll see!
 
I can lift it a little bit now without holding it,but it's not easy to do.
 
The dreaded log leg:blackcloud:
I had one too...it is just traumatized.
Such a pain to get it do what you need it too.
It will get with the program.

Thought of you today and hoped you were doing okay.
Roll with it for now...you've been through alot and your body is in a bit of shock mode.
It will get better and better.
Sending healing hugs, friend!:console2:
 
Log leg is different for everyone, allena. It won't last long though. I've heard it described as your brain is telling your leg to move but the muscle and soft tissue were traumatized to the point of not reacting. Just know that it's temporary and roll with it. It does gradually ease. It seems to me that you're doing really well. Your mood and attitude seem to be in a healthy zone. You seem much more chilled now that surgery is behind you. Wishing you comfort and some sound sleep tonight!
@allena
 
Hi allena,

Things sound like that they are going very well, good for you. Each day you will feel a bit more energy coming back but the first two weeks are the most challenging for obvious reasons!

Warmest wishes x
 
Happy Friday, allena
I hope you're doing well today.
Thinking of you and wishing you a peaceful weekend :SUNsmile:
@allena
 
@Ginny12 .I am abit tired today ,but otherwise I'm ok.ill be seeing my doctor on November 27th.
I'm hoping I'll be able to get off the pain pills by then and use a cain.it would be nice if I had more energy too and could go back to church
 
I hope you are having a good day .I also hope you have a good weekend.
 
allena, you will be tired, but it's okay and totally normal.
Your body is working just as it should and focusing energy on repair from the trauma it took on through the surgery. This won't leave you much energy for the normal activities of daily living. Just roll with it and get all the rest and sleep you can because our body does it's best healing while we're asleep.
Wishing you lots of comfy naps and restorative sleep!
@allena
 
Back
Top Bottom