Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

I expected to be tired .I haven't been napping.just going to bed early and sleeping in.
 
I was told it was ok to take a shower,but I will wait awhile.im still abit wobbly.i dont feel safe doing so.a sponge bath and washing my hair in the sink is ok.ill still get clean.
 
Yes, that will work, please be careful, allena.
I think it may be hard to do your hair in a sink alone at this early date.
I'm trying to imagine doing that at only 4 days post op and I don't think I could have done it alone.
Wondering if you'd be comfortable with the neighbor. / friend that's checking in on you helping you wash your hair in the sink?
 
I will.im careful usually. It's my nature.thats a good idea.i have to wash my hair.i have dandruff and my head itches.
 
If it's a female friend that checks on you, possibly in a day or two when you feel less wobbly, you could arrange ahead of time for your friend to sit in another room while you shower for the first time. Just so you can get the hang of it and someone is there in case of an emergency.

I felt wobbly my first couple showers and they were quickies. After the second I felt comfortable and started taking them without my husband hovering, or within earshot. You kind of need to get a system for the early showers. Make sure you have something on the floor so there's no slipping. I think that was my biggest fear.

You'll also need a grabber, or something to get panties on after shower. Other than than it's not too difficult as long as you're feeling strong enough. Just take it slow.
@allena
 
:wave:it's been a long crazy day at The Food Bank but I have thought of you and hoped you were managing, brave Allena!
I worried about hearing you've had some weather that way, as my daughters friend cancelled their trip to WV
How are things where you are?
All will get better...sorry for the itch head...brush your hair...that'll feel good! Except for going to get the brush:)
Hope you sleep well friend!:roseshwr:
 
I have a dressing stick so its all good.and a bath mat too.i have all the tools I need.im just too darn wobbly.the friend is a female.
 
Thanks for thinking of me.it wasn't too bad .It didn't snow much or for long.it melted later on that day.
You're a busy beaver
I'm doing fairly well.i have been taking it easy and hanging out with the cats.I hope you sleep well too.
 
My first shower I was so nervous about keeping my legs steady, that I didn't pay attention to my hands and dropped everything I picked up. My poor sister came running into the bathroom panicked when she heard the first bottle drop lol. I was better prepared for the second go around. I tied all my bottles with long pieces of string to the shower curtain rod. I've never had to worry about anything dropping again.
 
thanks.:)
I haven't noticed much swelling-just a tiny bit on hip where they cut me.Yeah.
 
I found the best solution to my log leg-using a cane to hook my foot.It still takes 3 to 4 tries,but i get in the Bed.someone suggested hooking my feet at the bottom,but that would be crossing my legs and that'a a no no.
 
I found the best solution to my log leg-using a cane to hook my foot.
Great tip Allena!
I was lucky not to have a lot of swelling either...must be doing a good job icing and elevating.
I think my log leg was super uncooperative for about 5 days then just intermittently.
You are doing super for these early days!
:ok:
 
I'm glad to hear that.Yes,I've been putting ice on my hip and using a foot stool.5 days?that's good to know.of coarse I have heard it can be as long as 2 weeks too.only time will tell.I feel less tired today.:)
I'll be glad when i'm past the log leg stage.
 
Happy Saturday :wave:
Look at resourceful, allena, coming up with log leg tips. Love it!
Continue the icing and hopefully you'll keep the swelling away.
Wishing you a good one :)
@allena
 
@layla.i can't take credit for that idea.i read it online.
That's my goal.also I don't like pain.
I hope you have a good day too.
 
Back
Top Bottom