Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

@allena That is such exciting news about being able to go home tomorrow afternoon. Your kitties will be so happy to see you! My dogs went nuts when I got home. I wasn't able to get out to the horses and stable kitty until a week or so later. I had tears in my eyes when I saw all my fur babies again for the first time!! I'm such a wuss!!
Enjoy your homecoming :):kitty:

Definitely read the information the moderators left for you...it is invaluable. You can't rush the healing unfortunately. If you try, you'll get yourself into all sorts of soft tissue trouble! Allow yourself time to heal!
 
You can't rush the healing unfortunately. If you try, you'll get yourself into all sorts of soft tissue trouble! Allow yourself time to heal!
We all want to be normal but this is so so true.

I think you have done fabulously and I am so glad that the PT is impressed with your capabilities!

Healing hugs!!
 
@allena,

You have just made a grown woman mist up!

Thank you for your mention of me and if i have helped you in any way i am so pleased. It makes my heart sing to know how well you are doing and all i will say is try and follow the advice already given not to rush things. You sound very active so i know that will be a bit of a challenge!

Agnes did not win tho did she? She was only trying to help in her drama Queen way, but Miss Sunshine is much more in control now, take her way of dealing with life as much as possible. I am speaking from personal experience now that the op is over having Miss Sunshine in control most of the time is such a nicer way to live.

Much love x
 
Do you have to wear compression socks at home, allena?
 
Good morning Allena. I can only imagine how excited you must be to fly the coop and get home to your fur babies. Hope you have a sunshine kind of day :SUNsmile:
 
Well....it sounds like you'll get home today. It is nice to be home but if you're like most you'll be sitting around a lot initially. In case you haven't made it through the Recovery Guidelines yet, here's an article to use as a rough gauge for activity - https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/
It's good you don't have to wear compression socks because I'm not sure how you'd do it living alone.
Have a good one!
@allena
 
I'll try walking to the communal mailbox first,then later on I'll walk around my housing complex.later on I'll try and,walk finny road.thats going to have to wait.
 
Allena, Recovery can be boring but please take it slow. All you need to be doing this week is taking a five minute walk every couple of hours. Usually a trip to the bathroom and maybe a couple of slow laps around your space will accomplish that.

I don't know the distance from your dwelling to your community mailbox, nor how much "later" you're referring to as far as walking around your complex, but I think you'll find yourself tiring more quickly than you would imagine.
Please don't walk until you're feeling fatigued, you need to save enough energy to get back. The distance will gradually increase but initially you'll need to take it slow.
@allena
 
I'll be very careful and not push myself.later is gonna be when I'm feeling better and stronger.so it won't be for awhile
 
I'm waiting for my ride home.im so excited to see my beloved furbabies.
 
Hope you are home, Icing and snuggling with your Babies:kittykiss:
Only walking you need to do is to the bathroom and about the house for a few days for sure.
Especially without backup in case you feel woozy or off balance.

Hope you rest well tonight!:sleep:
 
Back
Top Bottom