Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

:happydance:happy, happy.
As Layla said earlier, just because you can...technically...it may be a bit before that hip is ready to cooperate.
You can ease into all those milestones gradually.
Hope your week is sweet @allena :SUNsmile:
 
I am guessing I am 40 to 50 percent normal .I am not very sure though since I don't recall 100 percent normal.its much better than it was.I can honestly say that if it never gets better I am happy.
 
Hi allena! Hope you had a good day.
Oh how much happier you will be!:loveshwr:
Two months for a new hip is so no where near how goes things will be.
Can't wait to wish you happy 4, 6, 9 months!:happydance:
And one year.:egypdance:
I have seen improvement even over one year.:yes:
Have a great weekend, my hippy pal!:friends:
 
There's a very good chance it will continue to get better, allena.
At only three months post op there is still healing that will take place.
It's good you're logging your progress here as it will be a point of reference to mark improvement.
I think you'll be surprised by the changes that even a few months can bring. As you mentioned, if you don't progress any further, you'll still be happy. That's awesome in itself.
I hope you have a nice weekend!
@allena
 
@Mojo333 .I didn't know that progress could go past a year.That's good to know.
@Layla .I didn't think of it as marker of progress,but that is true.I will be happy to see improvement obviously.I am hoping that by some miracle I'll be able to cut my tonails again,but it remains to be seen if it will happen.and I'd like to be able to walk a mile like the book says I should be able to.and of coarse I want to to be able to get dressed without the dressing stick and tie my shoes again.It would be nice to not need a cane.still I have made alot of progress and that's good so I'm not complaining.I hope you have a good weekend too.
 
Allena..:) Your doing great. I was your age when I had my first thr. And :wowspring: you have a great positive attitude and I guarantee you that you will get even MUCH better.:cheers: There’s two types of healing. Short term...which is to a place where you are back to no restrictions and driving...:flwrysmile: Then there’s long term healing... That is where most of the miracle :yes!:happens and you will totally forget about thr. :happydance:
 
short term healing seems pretty good to me.I have a big scar that will remind me.I don't think i'll ever wear a bathing suit again-if I do i will wear shorts.That's not a big deal though.
I'm glad I am doing well.according to that book I am way behind.I am not worried about it though.I was not the average patient.I was pretty sure it would take longer than 3 months.
I don't want to hope for very close to a 100 percent.I might be dissapointed.
 
I felt the same way about bathing suits. I thought I'd stick to tankinis with boy shorts. I don't really worry about that now. My surgical scars are almost invisible. I can see them, because I know where they are. Random strangers on the beach have no business getting close enough to see them.

So, just keep an open mind. You may be pleasantly surprised at how your scar looks later on.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 
Personally, I don't feel the scar is anything to be ashamed of. Through it you've been released from pain. Through it you're regaining your flexibility and mobility. It's part of the story of the life God blessed you with. It's uniquely yours. Wear it proudly. Amen sista! :old:
@allena
 
I'm not ashamed of mine either, allena. It's just an unpleasant reminder of something I'd rather forget. I'm glad my scars aren't noticeable. I hope yours will mostly disappear too, if that's what will make you happy.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 
We are in the company of many celebrities who have had THR.

Lady Gaga, yankee Alex Rodreguez,Laura Spencer at GOOD MORNING America... or let’s not forget the queen of yoga Jane Fonda with three new hips and here we tie....Motley crew rocker Mick Mars. Rudy Galindo Olympic ice dancing champion. Eddie Van Haylen, Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minnelli, Steve Carell, Kathryn Hepburn, Arnold Schwarzenegger .

Brittons side Queen Elizabeth and prince Phillip. Maybe the Britt side of the forum could add more celebrity names here.

More and more hip surgeries are done in younger patients under 40 due to arthritis and better designs, techniques and quality of prothesis .
 
Last edited:
Hello Allena , I have a big scar too and some of it can be seen - it is now purple rather than red and has flattened somewhat. I have taken up swimming again and water walking and it helps.

I noticed a huge difference 4-6 months out. I can now walk a mile unaided but only on good days! But am convinced it will come.

I gradually stretched more each week until I could put socks on and tie shoelaces. Clipping toenails still awkward but again I think it will come.

My main issues are now some stiffness and tendinitis if I overdo it so am being careful.

You are doing well and it is so good not to have that one on bone pain. Where that scar with pride! And here’s hoping for a great recovery for you.
 
@Hippielife.I didn't know all of those people had had hip surgery.I just figured that in my 60's or 70's I'd need a revision surgery done and if I lived much longer a whole new hip.That thought doesn't comfort me,but that's beside the point.
 
@surreygirl.thanks for the information.Having never had a surgical scar before I didn't know it would turn purple and flatten out some that soon.Actually it didn't occur to me at all.
I'm not proud or ashamed or it.I accept it.It's there.Thanks goodness I always wear long pants so no one sees it!
I am glad you are doing well.Thanks.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My recovery thread.

Mine some months out. Much lighter now.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom