THR My recovery thread.

Hi @allena . I had a skin cancer cut out a few years back and the scar definitely had that Frankenstein look. It continued to flatten then fade over several years, and is almost invisible now. If that is what happens on the surface where we can see, it makes sense that the mending inside after our hip surgery will also continue to happen for a long time, even if a lot of the changes come within a few months. So it’s great that you are enjoying where you are now, but also great to know more improvements will be coming.

With regard to needing a revision, there is every chance that you won’t. The statistics for how long the replacements last are based on operations done many years ago. There have been a lot of advances in techniques since then.
 
@Klassy.That's good to know.thanks for the information.Is that you're dog?It's very pretty.
 
@mojo333.thanks for sharing that.That will be a big improvement over what it looks like now.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My recovery thread.

It started out like this though!
 
I used e45 cream and used my knuckles to massage around the scar first thing in the morning and last thing at night. This also helped when wearing trousers to stop the rubbing as the trouser seam almost follows the scar line which is 12 inches long..

I did try a silicon product similar to scar shield but it was very expensive and after a month I didn’t see much benefit. The physio looked at my scar and said it was doing well. It did get angry and red after I fell asleep in a hot tub though -serve me right!

re swimming costume. I did consider waterproof stage makeup for the scar whilst on holiday, but then decided I wasn’t that vain and anyone who was staring that close to me that it was their problem not mine!
 
I'll just stick to wearing shorts.I don't want to bother with makeup.I didn't even know there was waterproof makeup.I learned something today.
 
I am glad you are proud of it.Like i said before it just is there and that's that.I would say I had no feelings about it,but I guess that is not true because it is ugly and i don't want people seeing it.
I can't get over how quickly you recovered from you're surgery.I am well behind you.If I am doing as well in a year has you are now i'll think it's a miracle.wow.just wow.
 
Oh the joy of walking without pain!
Oh the joy of being able to sleep well!
oh the joy of getting out of bed easily!
oh the joy of having more energy!
oh the joy of being able to do more!
oh the joy of being able to pick up something without using a grabber!
oh the joy of being able to stand up easily!
Oh the joy of not feeling too much pain!
oh the joy of being able to get up and down without too much effort!
oh the joy of being closer to normal than I have been in years!
oh the joy of feeling better!
 
Look at you! I'm so glad you're doing this well now. Remember how things were before surgery? You have come so far. I'm happy to see you feeling better now.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 
Yes I do.It was awful.I am doing very well,by comparison.I do have moments when I feel like I'm progressing slowly.Like when i read about one person on this site who walked 12.5 miles not too long after their surgery.I was not the average patient.I had other issues than my hip.I had a weak leg,a damaged knee,a muscle that was literally frozen in one position as well as the hip.I'll be happy to walk a mile or two someday.Also The problem lasted for many years even before the hip decided to start dislocating.
 
Please realize walking 12.5 miles not too long after surgery isn't the norm.
Most aren't able to accomplish doing so, so you're in good company.
Your doing very well, allena, and it's wonderful to see your gratitude shine through your words in the post a few above this one. You've come a long way and at only three months post op there's plenty of time for improvement.
May it only get better!
@allena
 
I was never that athletic.I would ride my bike around town or walk up a steep hill to visit a friend.just normal stuff.
 
all I want is normal-or as close as I can get to it anyway.above normal was NEVER the goal.nor is it realistic for me.
 
I think you'll get there :thumb:
 
I hope so the doctor said it was possible I could get to as close as 90 percent.or something like that.
 
Hey, it's someone's Three Month Anniversary today, guess who?
HAPPY THREE MONTH ANNIVERSARY, allena.
I hope you have a good one!
@allena
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom