Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

I look forward to that.It's been so long since i could walk normally and easily I can hardly remember what it was like.
 
Totally ... I remember those early days well. :bath: A good soak in the tub does wonders with lifting my spirits. Most of my hard work to move forward was simply just plain old walking.:dogwalk: Once walking ... then the rest will get easier. By summer you’ll be dancing in the daffodils, tiding up the tulips and dancing in the daisies.:flwrysmile:
 
I'd like to take a bath,but that has to wait.i would need the jaws of life to get me out of the tub.I am sticking to showers for awhile.I might get down in the tub(maybe),but I couldn't get up.It's not just the hip-there is the bad knee also.Its going to take some time before it's anywhere near right.It was the first place I got arthritis and of coarse I walked wrong for a long time.It's weak and damaged.
 
I am not unhappy per se-more like impatient.I want to be be able to do "simple" things I haven't been able to do for ages-they feel anything but simple.
 
I haven't taken a regular soaking bath since 1998.I couldn't get out of the bathtub anymore.nor was getting down in the tub easy either.
 
Same here with the tub baths...it was 6 months before I decided to try it...probably could have done it earlier...but wasn't really even thinking about it.
Was awkward getting up! Kind of scary.
I am not unhappy per se-more like impatient.I want to be be able to do "simple" things I haven't been able to do for ages-they feel anything but simple.
Very normal feelings for two months out...you have really done well at being patient.
Those little things ARE so important and we never know how important they become until we can't do them.
My prediction...you will get back to doing some of those simple things very soon...and be so grateful for them.
I know I am!:tada:
Hope your Sunday is sweet!:angel:
 
Last edited:
That is so true.i will be so happy to even tie my shoes.i am unsure,if I will ever be able to take a regular bath again.its not like it was just my hip afterall.im ok with showers.i still get clean afterall.
I am trying to be patient .
I hope you're day is good too.
 
The shot has helped my knee. It's about half way better.ill take it
 
I'd like to take a bath,but that has to wait.i would need the jaws of life to get me out of the tub

Thanks for the laugh, allena :rotfl: you can be so funny.
At least you have a sense of humor and can joke about it, so all is not lost.
And you're right, if you're never able to take a bath again, at least you can shower on your own to get clean.
Hope you're having a nice Sunday!
@allena
 
I'm glad I gave you a good laugh.yes,so true.I hope you have a good day too,
 
Hi Allena,

Just had a quick read of your thread and so pleased that you are doing so well. Go Girl!

I am still very guilty of thinking that i must be totally pain free, run miles, have a clean house and Save the World before i am OK and can relax. However, now that i am pretty much fully functioning post op i am gradually beginning to realize (and accept) that there will always be stuff going on and change is constant whether i like it or not. My efforts are focused on trying to enjoy today and let tomorrow (and it's challenges/joys) sort itself out when it arrives. So easy to say...

Like you i have not had a bath yet, and i was definitely a bath girl pre-op, but i have grown to love my bath board and showers. There is no point to this ramble i just want you to know i feel the same way you do about loads of things.

I am spending a lot of time with my mum so not posting much, but i hope you know that i am cheering you on from afar.

Ginny x
 
@Ginny12.Hi!I am glad you are doing well.Thanks.You have progressed so quickly.It will take me longer,but that is no surprise.I'd be surprised if it wasn't slower than average.
 
It's been 10 weeks now.I'm still using a cane and I still have a small limp.I am not able to walk anywhere near a mile yet.My hip is still abit sore.I am not upset though.It's not like my hip was the only problem afterall.walking a mile in 3 months is not realistic.Maybe someday,but not anytime soon.That was never the goal.The main thing was for my hip to not pop out.The second thing was for my hip to hurt less.the third thing was to be able to walk a short distance with a cane without too much effort.When I'm FINALLY able to do "simple" things like tie my shoes and pick up my cell phone it will be just so wonderful.Even if I am never very close to normal it will be ok.Last year it was so bad that just about anything would be a improvement.
 
Not sure if it's been mentioned, allena, but have you read about heel-toe walking to help you lose the limp?
Most of us established an unnatural or sloppy gait as our hip deteriorated.

A tip -
Try heel-toe walking when / if you're limping. Let your heel hit the ground first followed by toes.
It takes a concentrated effort but I believe you'll notice a difference. Give it a try.

You really need to practice it mindfully in my opinion because it feels strange at first.
I apologize if I've already relayed this to you.

It's not abnormal for you to still have discomfort, or feel sore. Continue to ice any areas that are bothering you. It should gradually ease. I hope you have a nice day. Stay Warm!!
@allena
 
I was using a walker.I never used crutches.
 
Last edited:
@layla.You had not mentioned that before.I'll give it a try.Thanks for the information.I don't mind a little soreness in my hip-I have felt worse pain.I was merely stating a fact.
I hope you have a good day and keep warm too.
 
My endurance is improving.I went to krogers,aldis and the library and though I was somewhat sore and tired and had to rest for awhile when I got home It didn't take long for me to feel better.I was on my feet for most of a hour and it wasn't too hard at all.:)
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom