THR MEPil on the recovery side

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you had a nice Christmas and you're enjoying the weekend.
i have to think twice about what day it is during these holiday weeks since many days feel like the weekend.
Have a good one!
@MEPil
 
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

@Layla @VSlowLife thank you both.
I hope for all we Hippies a pain free and a return to a more normal life in this new year ahead. At two months, I am still fighting but getting there, even more slowly than I would like. Using the cane less. Tomorrow is my appointment with my OS, so will find out more about where I'm at on this recovery road. Have a great day.
 
The visit with my OS went very well yesterday. He told me I am right where he expects me to be in recovery and I should use my cane as I need to. He also said I am still healing from the knee replacement from last year and it will all come together. I don't see him until November2020, unless I'd need too. I was very relieved. X-rays were good too.
 
Happy dance for you @MEPil all good news at your appt.
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Enjoy the rest of the week and a Happy New Year to you on this first day of a new year and new decade. Best wishes it's a good one!
 
maybe I can stress less now
I hope so. Your OS sounds like a good one.

I will be joining you in that challenge before we know it.

Thank you. My 2020 New Years Day is my most unusual one, yet. :heehee: It has started with pre-surgery video exercises, my OS sent me, and I must document them starting today!!

I look forward to your continued improvements. Whether you realize it or not, your journey is encouraging.
 
Wonderful. So happy you have such a good OS and that he could relieve you of some worries and stress. Now on to enjoy 2020 more and more as we continue healing/recovering. :flwrysmile:
 
@VSlowLife My OS is a good one, thank you. I am so happy I've encouraged you, even with all my ups and downs, it is a challenge. We will all be cheering you on very soon. It all is a journey to that pain free, normal life we all want.
 
Woohoo! Such good news, happy that you can now relax and get on with this recovering stuff, boring as it may get! :egypdance: :rotfl:
 
Hi @MEPil Catching up with your thread and so happy to hear that your follow up visit went so well with your OS. It makes perfect sense what your OS said about the knee still recovering, too. I hope that helped you see the bigger picture. Your body has been through 2 difficult surgeries within 13 months time. I think you are doing very well! Patience grasshopper,, patience! :froggies:
 
@CricketHip, thank you, it sure does take patience to recover from these surgeries, doesn't it? I really have to work at that, my mind tells me one thing and my body says, hold on, not too fast, not ready yet. I am making progress though, still some soreness, and a zinger once in awhile but it will get better.
I hope you are doing well.
 
@MEPil your journey looks similar to mine, first a knee and then a hip. Do you suspect one causing the other? In my case I was missing the medial meniscus in my knee since the 90's. Always knew a knee replacement was in my future when it got bad enough but the hip was a complete surprise. The only thing that makes sense to me is that compensating for a bad knee for 30 years wore out my hip.
 
Same here with the knee causing my opposite side to wear out over 40 years which totally caught me by surprise. It took me a full year to finally figure it out after chiropractic visits and PT for my back . I still need Knee replaced but holding off to heal from this hip surgery.
 
@FCBayern @Lakegirl62, it does sound like we have dealt with the same situation. I had my right knee replacement on September, 2018 and shortly after my right hip started hurting. I went for my knee checkup and told my OS assistant and she ordered x-rays of knee and hip and came into the room with the news, hon, you have a bad hip. I tried the groin shot and PT but nothing helped, so now I have a new hip. When they give out on us, we feel it, don't we? The very best to you both.
 
:wave:Just checking in on how you are doing and saying “Hello.”

You sound like you are in a good place now. :SUNsmile:

I am busy with all the pre-op prep, and you know how that goes. Your journey gives me hope. :prayer:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom