THR MEPil on the recovery side

Today was my last PT session. Therapist says I am doing good and the soreness I'm experiencing is normal. I am continue my exercises and she said what limp I still have will go away. Today is 7 weeks out from surgery. I am not where I want to be yet but my hope is it will keep getting better.

Still having problems with my account here, lost my info today, phone problem, it's still not worked out, password problem. I'm at a loss,
 
@MEPil3 ... are you getting the emails sent to the address you provided when you registered that tell you when your multiple accounts are merged? In them, you should have the correct username and password to use to access your merged accounts.

This latest account under MEPil3 will need to be merged again so that you just have one account on BoneSmart under your original username of MIPil. I will do it tomorrow and this time I'll reset your password and double check that the access works.

I'm sorry about your phone problems. When something like this happens, the best thing to do is not to create a new account. It's better if you notify us using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page (in the dark blue toolbar) to tell us you have a problem. We can always reset your password which is a simple fix for those times you cannot access your MEPil account.
 
So sorry about your technology problems. They are so frustrating! I hope they will soon be worked out.:tantrum2:
Meanwhile it sounds like you are doing well and your PT believes your limp will go away, although not soon enough for you. :wink:
Congratulations for completing PT!
 
@Jamie thank you so much, this has really upset me, I reregistered two times, I couldn't find or remember how I had even set up my account. I was afraid it was lost forever. This time I will definitely write it down.
 
@VSlowLife thank you, I will be one happy woman if this limp goes away and my hip and leg can feel normal again.
Hope you are doing well, enjoy your evening.
 
@Jamie since I had to download everything back into my phone, I have forgotten which email I used. If you want me to, could I send it to you through here, that may be causing a lot of the problem.
 
Sometimes I yearn for the days of rotary phones when we knew phone numbers by heart. Life was so much simpler!:roseshwr:
But ......then we would not have Bonesmart.

I have started seeing my required specialists before surgery. I can honestly say life is only getting more difficult. You have been there and are now on the recovery side, and I am cheering you on, as your life becomes less difficult.
 
I'll send you the email address on your MEPil account in a PM. Let me know that you receive it. Be sure and write it down somewhere so you have a record.
 
@Jamie that, hopefully will work. I've got a mess with my phone right now about ready to cry. I know just enough to be dangerous trying to reinstall my apps and info. May have to do another factory reset. I've messed up the email account I've used. Thank you for helping me with this.
 
@VSlowLife I'm so sorry to hear everything is getting worse, I do understand and my heart is with you. We do have better days coming, that's what keeps us going.:prayer:
 
Thank you. I know you understand.
Yes, you are right, @MEPil3 and that is what drives us to surgery, and places like Bonesmart for support.
Do you have a local phone store you can visit about your phone? Also, some libraries offer technology help with smart phones. Ask the reference librarian about it, if there is no local phone store to help you. Some libraries have technology folks who teach classes and are part of the staff. Good luck!
 
@Jamie I think I recovered my email account, I did get your message, what do I need to do now? Thank you so so much.
 
@VSlowLife now you will have a good laugh, I retired 10 years ago from our local Library. I just haven't stayed up on The stuff like I use to and I worked mostly at the Circulation desk.
 
I understand. Being at home so much with this hip, has put me more in touch with the library. Our library has a home bound service and will mail items to you in a special zippered case, and you return the same way, no stamps needed.There is so much available online these days, including some streaming services through the library for free.
You may be able to speak to a technology expert over the phone from a library, too.
 
@Jamie I think I recovered my email account, I did get your message, what do I need to do now? Thank you so so much.
You don't need to do anything. I'll merge your accounts and send you an email when it's done with the correct log in information. I probably won't get to it until tomorrow, though. In the meantime, just continue to use this account. All the posts will be there correctly once the merge is done.
 
@VSlowLife our smaller Library has a Bookmobile that travels the county and if a shut-in calls and requests some books, we always found a way to get them the requests. Our staff was and is a great group of people. We also offered and still do adult, learning classes in different areas. Everybody should use their local Library.
 
Today is 7 weeks out from surgery. I am not where I want to be yet but my hope is it will keep getting better.
Of course it will, dear friend!
Where you are at at 7 weeks and at the end of PT is certainly not the end of healing or improvements.
Keep icing, keep walking.. you WILL keep healing.
At seven weeks...tightness and discomfort is expected.
Tightness is a normal occurrence after this kind of major surgery. Your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area. You aren't tight because your muscle is underused and needs to be stretched and rehabbed. You're tight because your tissue is healing... If a long full step right now is causing pain and limping, don't take long full steps. Take smaller steps. Take a short walk several times a day, instead of longer walks. Use your cane. Use ice. Rest a lot.

This isn't the time to do anything to excess. Baby steps now, and lots of patience, pays off big time later. Consider yourself as still recovering from surgery and structure your return to your life as a slow, gradual process where you introduce very small increments in activity, and then give yourself time to see how you react to it.
All temporary, and worth the patience. I am certainly glad I am able to get back to a full happy life
 
@Mojo333 I really needed your post right now, I tend to stress myself out some when I am having problems with the soreness and stiffness and I think, now what did I do to cause this right now. Morning and evening are my most challenging times of the day. The healing is just not as fast as I'd like but it is happening, thank you for reminding me of what I really needs to do to help it.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom