THR MEPil on the recovery side

A belated Happy Four Month Anniversary! :wave:
How are you doing, dear MEPil? We haven’t heard from you in quite awhile and you crossed my mind today. I hope all is well and you can find the time to share an update.
Hope to hear from you soon! :)
@MEPil

@Layla so good to hear from you. I'm doing pretty well, still dealing with some soreness and still working on the limp. It's worse when I get out of bed in the morning or if I sit too long. I am using Tylenol for any pain. I hope as the weather gets warmer to be able to get outdoors and walk. I am off the cane, unless I really need it, which is rare. I sure takes time for some of us and I think we do kinda reach a place it seems our improvement slows a bit.
How are you doing, good I hope.

Sounds like you have had some improvement!

I am off the cane, unless I really need it, which is rare.

I have read in other threads
we do kinda reach a place it seems our improvement slows a bit.

I can certainly feel this, this week. I keep hearing Mojo333 saying, “It’s temporary” in my ear.

So good to hear from you!

Hi MEPil!
It is so nice to hear from you! Thank you for responding. I’m doing well, thanks for inquiring.

You seem to be making progress. Considering you’re only a little over four months, and recovery can take a full year, even longer for some, you have plenty of time for improvements to come. I think many feel a bit stiff or wobbly upon rising, but more comfortable after a few steps.

Taking some longer walks outdoors once the weather permits may benefit you. Please take it easy though, adding distance very slowly, always keeping in mind you need enough energy for the return trip back.

Stop by more often, we’re here for you and enjoy hearing from you.
Have a great Monday and week! :)
@MEPil

@Layla, Definitely will take your advice, I do still wear out faster than I want to. My lower back has been raising it's ugly head some too. I do think sitting too much doesn't help. I had the same situation after my knee replacement in 2018. Guess my body is still learning to work together? Warm weather sounds so good to me and we haven't had a bad winter this season. I have so many things I want to do but know I'm just not ready for all my want to do's just yet.
Enjoy your day and thank you for thinking of me.

Someone here suggested to review our improvements every month instead of daily or weekly like we do at the beginning. It is still a path to all the things we want to do. I am sorry your back is misbehaving at the moment. I, too, am looking forward to spring though I should not complain since today we have sunshine and the temperatures have jumped to 60. After laundry planning on going out and enjoying some while I play with the dog.

@VSlowLife how many weeks are you now? You sound like you are doing well. Our bodies tell us, especially early on, to slow down at times and soreness is part of it.

@VSlowLife that sounds right, I think mine has been down as well. I've had sneezing and a sinus issue going on, don't feel bad but can't seem to totally shake it. Take care.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GardenGram
Recent bookmarks