Nanal im doing really good today. And we live in Union county. About ten miles norrh of Monroe in the New Salem area . Im originally from Warsaw in Duplin county NC.
Hi vilebyrd, I use a cane when going up and down stairs and for short walks across kitchen otherewise strickly walker. I had my surgery last Tues. 12/11. I have a home nurse coming any minute now. I finally had my first bowel movement today (4 days) and what a relief. Sounds like your doing great....
hi Vilebyrd, you're doing brilliantly, isn't it a good feeling? I was using one cane after 2 weeks, am 3 weeks on now and going around the house with none but still using one cane if out of the house. All I will say is that without a cane I use up a whole lot more energy and get tired and achy quicker
Byrd I don't think I used a walker after I got home, which was at 1 week. Crutches for the next 2 weeks,
then off and walking. Everybody is different. Pay attention to your strength, and your physical therapist will be able to see how
you are doing and make a recommendation for you.
keep up the great work!
Vilebyrd, sounds like you're doing great. If you feel the walker is holding you back, it might be an opportunity to work with the PT (since I guess they will be coming on some sort of schedule) to discuss transitioning aids. I probably wouldn't do it on my own, but you might also find you're not quite as ready as you think. Your hip will rule a lot of the decisions you make in your recovery. Listen to it! The PT folks have helped lots of folks at various levels of recovery. Age, condition, surgical issues, and motivation have a lot to do with the direction therapy goes. Go with the flow!
VB, don't sweat it. You will get there eventually. This Monday will be my 6 week hip anniversary. I am still required to use 1 crutch. I have been told to "practice" with a cane for a few minutes each day until I rebuild the strength in my leg. I am just choosing to concentrate on walking the best I can with whatever assistive device I am stuck with. Either way, in a few months, this will all be behind us. Hang in there!
Well i have hit my first day of the fatigue. Ive just felt achy and so drained. The pasr two days were great then today bam! I guess tomorrow will be better i know this my hip joint fills great. Hippy holidays everyone
I've been like this for the past 5 days, just feel very achy and stiff. The muscles feel very tight around the surgery site, Doing my exercises and icing when i have to but in between I am resting a lot as that is what my body is telling me. 4 weeks on wednesday since the op. Still using 1 cane most of the time as without it I have a distinct waddle lol. All's good though. Good excuse to rest Vilebyrd, while everybody else is scurrying around preparing for Christmas!
First PT visit is today. I am going to the clinic. Just rest buddy when else can we have an excuse to lay in a chair and watch tv all day. I am becoming a huge NCIS fan.
We are not terribly far apart. I live in Troutman which is North of Charlotte about 35 or so miles. Keep up the great recovery and but rest as well. Have a great week- 1 week post op for you YEA!!!!
Good tired on the way home from Christmas shopping. Sped around on a couple of those scooters at wal mart and target. Have a slight pulled muscle in my groin but its getting better. I need a nap now. Howvare you?
Doing good. Still waiting to make that trip to Walmart. Maybe tomorrow. Glad you are up and around. take care of that pulled muscle. Ice has been my friend. PT was rough yesterday, but I am going to tell them to back off. I will take it on my own speed. Gotta get that last trip for the holidays done. Hope you have a good Christmas. Get some rest.
Hey vilebyrd- going to Walmart- you are courageous. I almost need a nerve pill to go on a good day. Got my info packet from OrthoCarolina today. A lot of info, my prescripts for med, post op appt- wow they are on the ball there. All I need is the surgery and all will be good. Your progress just amazes me. I hope I am on same recovery speed as you.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.