THR Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
No im not limping with the cane. Last night i was wasnt limping while walking through the house. The muscle pain was completely gone though. The muscle pain seems to be whats causing me to limp. Buts its getting better the more i walk without my cane.

Excellant Vilebyrd, you are up an running, figururatively
Happy New Year, with our new hips
at2_gstatic_com_images_9ae9568557a75740ce6f486c34fa49b9._.jpg

I don't limp while using my cane. Not one little bit. However, I can not take one limp-free step without it. Got to strengthen those abductor muscles first....

Thanks everyone, i just got released by the physical therapist. Im done with that and the home nurse will release me when she comes back from new year holiday. HIPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!!

That is great Vilebyrd. So glad you are starting the new year this way. I am still using the cane, but can walk with out it with a limp. I have been using the cane so I don't keep that nasty habit. PT wouldn't event think about releasing me yet. They won't even let me drive. They say I have to do 20 straight leg raises first. I did 5 today. I will keep trying. Happy New Year to you and keep up the great recovery.

Congratulations Vilebyrd!!! sound like you are doing great and going to have an incredible 2013!!!

Vilebyrd- when the patient representative contacted you, what equipment did they supply you with? I have been looking around for toilet riser and shower stool. Also, were you on coumadin and celebrex? My pharmacist questioned those drugs taken together. Just curious what your doc precribed?

Yes i was on celebrex and the generic for coumadin. I had to stop all other nsaids though. Also they brought me everything i need at home before i left the hospital as in the three in one toilet, walker and other stuff. Id get the three in one toilet it is a shower stool, and everything else.

I went to see the surgens Pa. the other day the xrays were great. Ive had a cold this week, bad sore throat really sucks. Anyway i found out what type implant ive got in me. I thought it was metal on poly. I was wrong. Ive got a stryker titanium cup and shaft uncemented. The ball is a biolox ceramic 36 mm and the poly bearing insert is highly crosslinked. So when my surgeon said he used the best in me he told me the truth. Im so happy with the results im walking so much better than before and getting up and down so much easier. I hope everyone is doing ok and had a great holiday

Hope you feel better. Glad you are doing so well with your hip. I am still on a cane and recovery is going slow. Not a problem though, it still feels better than before surgery.

:thankyou: Thanks for the info vilebyrd. It is info on the meds. My pharmacist was just a little over precautious, I suppose. Good news on the equipment since I have been looking around and it is expensive. Did you have a toilet riser? Seems as if that is a great item to have or did the 3 in 1 work better? Hope the cold gets better. I have been trying to stay away from all germs at work but folks just don't understand why I can't afford to get sick. So much sickness that you just want to become a hermit till spring. Spring oh what great sounding words. We will all be in another phase of our lives- pain free.

My little girl has tested positive for the flu. Ive been sick all week with fever now my teeth and sinus are hurting. This sucks at least we got her tamaflu

I hope you and your little one are soon on the mend.:flwrysmile:

Vilebyrd, hope you and your daughter get over the bug soon. I'm avoiding folks at work (kinda how I was pre-surgery). Great news from your PA visit! You're doing great. Is that limp lessening?

So sorry you and your little one are sick. There is just so much sickness going around this time of the year. Trying to avoid all coughs/colds, etc. Was hestitant about shaking hands at church yesterday. Just my paranoid self taking control. Rest and take meds to keep you as comfortable as possible.

It sure is going around. My little man is home with me after testing positive for the flu. Hopefully I won't get it. So great you have been discharged from PT. When I use my cane no limp at all, but without it I am gimping like there's no tomorrow. It will come in time. Congrats to you.

Thankfully I have managed to avoid the flu so far. My doctor says that educators develop a stronger immunity to illnesses. Maybe so as I haven't been sick in a long, long time.

Hope all my fellow Warriors are on the mend and the flu bug is gone.

The limp stopped after i quit using cane for a day or two. My leg is getting stonger every day. One thing i wanted to mention to yall is since the first time i stood up after surgry till now ive not had any stiffness in the joint. Ive heard quite a few of yall talk about stiffness but i guess im lucky. Now ive had my fair share of muscle pain. Now that the muscle pain has disappeared my limp is gone. What would cause the stiffness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member