Guest viewing is limited

THR Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldyellr fortunately I have a walk in shower. My dressing is just gauze and tape. No staples, stitches thank goodness.
 
My heart rate has been up to. They said it was due to the increased pain. If fever gets any higher I would recommend calling the doc. You don't want to take any chances.
 
That may even be a normal temp for you in the evening. I had increased heart rate afterwards due to blood loss. It resolved quickly.
 
Vilebyrd, glad to hear you've made it home safely! Hope the ride home wasn't too bumpy. Sounds like the hospital stay was pretty uneventful - if so, lucky for you!

Just keep an eye on your temp (but don't get obsessed with it). Check it every few hours initially or in between naps or before you take your scheduled meds. Follow the discharge orders and you should be good. Also make sure you stay on a schedule for those pain meds. Remember that ice and rest are your new best friends!

Onward, ho!
 
I,too,had a raised temp on discharge and I was told to stick to the meds regime, especially paracetamol as this helps to bring temp down. They said that after major surgery these things are the body's reaction to trauma. Nevertheless don't hesitate to ring the doc if it gets to 100. Drink loads of water and rest,rest,rest! You are doing fantastic Vilebyrd
 
A raised temp is quite normal following surgery, just keep an eye on it.

Joint replacement surgery has all sorts of effects that last many days beyond the operation itself, increased heart rate may be one of them, if you are concerned, give your OS or GP a call.

You had a variety of drugs during the surgery and there is a lot of inflammation as the body tries to repair... we all react quite differently.
 
How is the finger poppet? The only real issue i had was the the block on my leg it didnt really help with the pain it just made my leg heavy. The nurse said that it works for some because they get the catheter close enough and sometimes they do not. Im felling so much better since ive gotten home. The bone on bone pain is gone. The only pain i have is the swelling and where i was cut. I cant belive my legs are the same length. The doctors said they dont know how ive kept working and getting around for this long. They also said another month give or take i would have completely give out. Not only was the hip ball gone but i almost completely wore out the socket. But its over if feel great considering thanks everyone for the support. Now it is time to heal and celebrate Christmas.
 
Great Vilebyrd! you will see a huge progression in the next 2 weeks, which will really help mentally too!
 
Vilebyrd glad you are home and feeling betting. I know the leg the same length thing is weird, in a cool way. My legs are within a millimeter of each other now. How cool is that. I told the doctor my husband won't be so excited because this opens up a whole new area of shoes. I always had to wear a lift before so I could never have open heal or open toed shoes.

Today has been an emotional day pain has been peaking, but keeping up with meds and ice. Looking forward to Christmas. Hope you have a great one.
 
Vilebyrd, timing is everything! You're really lucky your doc had good bone to hang your new hip on! Hope your temp is behaving! Keep up with all the BS rules. Lots of healing and resting vibes coming your way!
 
I know you are glad to be home, byrd! And, isn't it great to be here on the other side? My right leg was 2 cm shorter than the left prior to the surgery and it is pretty awsome to have them even. Every day just keeps getting better!
 
You sound like you're doing great. I was down a fair amount on the bad leg, I needed lifts and I seriously missed going barefoot. I ran a fever for off and on for about the first three or four days home, I just kept an eye on it and never spiked to where it was of concern. Glad you caught it in time, too. Keep us posted.:)
 
VB, congrats on the new hip and getting sprung out of the hospital. It sounds like things are really looking up for you. Just remember to ice, elevate and medicate. So happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing the bone-on-bone pain. Yay!
 
Hope you are having a great weekend and resting. How is your incision and sitting going? Where do you live in NC?
 
Hello my friends. Im not over doing it just gonna say that first. PT is coming for the first time in a few minutes. But im doing alot better everyday. Swelling is going down quick. Hardly any pain but im not scared to take my pain meds. Lol im starting to feel like the walker is holding me back. I will see what PT says. But what is the earliest some hippies switch to cane or one crutch? Hippy holidays yall.
 
Wow, Byrd, I don't see how you were getting around at all pre-op. Your new painless hip will be the best Christmas present under your tree, for sure.
How you doing this morning...inquiring minds want....
:reindeers:
Ah, you'd already answered! Great minds...same channels.

I had my surgery on a Tuesday, went home on Friday, bought a cane on Sunday but used it very little, after two weeks, not at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom