THR Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooHoo! Glad to hear it went well. Rest up and fill us in on the details when you are ready.

Hi Vilebyrd,
Yippee !!!!!! Youn did it.
Now you are on the road to recovery !!!!!! :egypdance:

Hi Vilebyrd...woohoo you're on the other side....congratulations and well done, lovely to hear from you!

Most people don't manage a post on the first day....but you did! Great job and welcome to the other side. Remember to ice, elevate and medicate.

Well i see why we dont hear from most people on the first day. Lol this hurts my op leg s very heavy and hurts. I will post more later it went well i was tolc.
Vilebyrd, what type of pins were added/removed prior to this THR?

Hope things are going well for you, read up here and you will find tons of great info, and tons
of support here for you.

Upon further review, I looked thru some of your past threads,,
Welcome another SCFE! I'm in that club also, except my pins
made it from age 13 thru 50. I was able to work, live, even play
ice hockey until things started deteriorating 4 years ago. I'm
7 weeks post op, Bilateral THR, and things are going good for me
so far, back to work next week and i'm totally off aids, have been
since week 3 or 4.
Keep on top of the pain, follow doc's orders, and you'll be fine!
oh, don't forget, ice, elevate, medicate.... you'll hear that a lot
around here

dutch

Most people don't manage a post on the first day....
Well, maybe not all hospitals have wifi in the rooms. Mine only had it in the reception and outpatient areas and it's a brand new hospital, but maybe they weren't up to speed yet. Actually, I only found this forum after my discharge. I spent a lot of my time in there reading eBooks on my tablet. Not a casual TV watcher. All my shows were being recorded at home.

I was like you John, I only discovered this site post-op. Wished I'd discovered it pre-op because I was so nervous and anxious before the op and it would have felt much better knowing that fellow hippies would have been putting me at my ease. This site should be recommended by Doctors and Surgeons at consultation stage as a means to gleaning information and support through the journey!

I had my ipad with me and posted on the first day. I figured since I'm always eager to hear that surgery went well, so was everyone else. Great to hear from you, Vilebyrd. We're all waiting for the gory details. :)

Sharon

I kept googling and every answer brought me here so I finally got a clue and joined. Welcome to the other side, Vilebyrd.

Wahoo.... Vilebyrd.... welcome to the other side .....

Rest, rest, rest is the name of the game for the next few days..

Congratulations on your new hip! Post when you can your experience as I am schedule for Jan at same location. Take care!

Your a trooper vilebyrd . At least your pain is one of recuperation . I am still kicking myself for not commiting to op sooner because I am lying on couch in pain from Christmas shopping and this pain is certainly not my body recuperating rather just signs of more deterioration . Hope you have some wonderful rest time and can't wait to hear about your milestones all in good time

I had to put mine off since sept. To finish work and for my wife to get through her finals. It was very tough. The doc said my hip wouldnt have lasted another month. It is amazing to see them the same length . Hang in there your surgery will be here before ya know it

I kept chicken ing out just not ready mentally but since then by interacting with you amazing people I am slowly finding the courage and accept that this condition now dictates my life when it does not have to . We are so fortunate that there is this amazing solution for us , I wish all conditions had this promise for all.
What do you mean by the same length , with limping did it appear one side of your hip had dropped? This is what I am starting to see when I look in the mirror and it disturbs me.

That is lovely you supported your wife through her finals hope she blitzed it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Salvo12
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom