Guest viewing is limited

THR Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
VB, in the early days, I would stand at the end of the bed and gently get into a golfer's reach (operated leg stretched out behind you), then lower myself onto the bed. Then I would very carefully inch my way up to the head and voila! Laying on my stomach. I made sure to leave my feet hanging off the end of the bed to avoid any type of rotation at all. Then, when I needed to change positions, I would inch my way back down to the foot and stand up. Easy, peasy!
 
I picked up a pair of fur-lined crocs....no socks needed :)
 
Fortunately the Outlet Mall we go to has a Croc store. They are usually buy one, get one free. These shoes are ugly as sin, but so wonderfully comfortable. The fur lining buttons in so you can take it out and wear them without the lining in the summer.
 
Murphy's Law of Canes.

When you stop using it all the time, you forget where you last left it and can't find it when you really need it.
 
Fantastic VB.. Great progress.. Just be careful though :)
 
Vilebyrd, I've enjoyed reading about your progress in other people's threads. Glad you're doing so well! Great work in your recovery.

Hope the New Year brings you all blessings and no pain.
 
That is great news. I think by next week I should be able to ditch my cane. Starting weights at my next PT visit on Monday. It's amazing how quickly the pain is diminishing. I can tell when I over do it, but ever day I can push it further. This is exciting.
 
JJ and VB, me and my cane are so happy for your progress. Keep up the great work. Happy New Year!
 
In the words of the Little Engine that Could...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
 
Vilebyrd, are you still limping when using the cane? I find that with the cane any sign of limp goes away even with a light touch. Might not want to ditch it too soon as it may help you 'correct' that gait even though you're not in any pain when walking without it.
 
I so agree with dede. Just a touch of the cane keeps me straight.. drop it and I start to sag, I have to be incredibly deliberate. Wait, that sounded a bit weird but you guys know what I mean.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom