Guest viewing is limited

THR Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone its been almost nine weeks since the TLHR. Im doing so well. I cant believe how this operation has changed my life. Im a better husband and father now without all the pain. holding me back. To just be able to go shopping with my wife and not have it ruin the rest of my day is awesome . I can walk a mile without any pain. I hope everyone is doing good
.
 
Great update Vilebyrd, it's so lovely to hear how well you are doing and how lucky is your wife to have a husband who doesn't complain and actually enjoys going shopping....good for you :)

Take cars

A.
 
Vilebyrd,
I am so happy for you and your family that the surgery was a success and your quality of life has improved so much. Keep up the great work :yay:
 
Hi vilebyrd !!! Thankyou so much for your update , as you once said our posts do tend to ease off as we begin to reclaim our lives and enjoy the wonderful fruits of gradual but sure recovery !. You truly are so inspiring to the rest of us and I personally cannot wait to hit the milestones you talk about . The greatest joy is finding happiness in the most simple things in life again that I think for each of us had been clouded by an existance of pain and basically disability .

I love going for a walk each day with my husband now and am so excited about the prospect of being able to walk on the beach and the uneven sand hopefully in a few weeks time :)

Life us truly returning to a grand joy and I am so greatful posts like yours instilled the courage I was lacking to go forward and have faith that this would be one of the best things I have accomplished in my existance .

Thankyou vilebyrd and when time permits please do continue to inspire us with your wonderful posts :)
 
Hi vIlebyrd, how are you ? I miss your inspiring posts but understand you are busy creating wonderful new memories with a super strong hip now :) congratulations !!!!

Can you pls tell me , I read through some of your older posts and because I have my brother staying with me I have been overly active taking him sightseeing etc. ( with my cane for stability still) and paying for it with muscle soreness the next day . How long before you were ' smashing it ' :) walking post op ? I think it was only four weeks for you also gauging by your posts? When I say smashing it I mean like a couple of hrs walking with many regular sitting breaks in between .
 
nanal I had my THR on Jan. 21, 2013. Just wondering how you are doing since my surgery was a day after yours.
 
Mbone- I think I am doing absolutely wonderful. I don't use any walking aids. I still have some discomfort after shopping but usually resting for a short time will relieve any issues. iI am working half days beginning this week. I was very tired today when I got home but rested and napped for 30 mins. I have no sleeping issues and can sleep on both sides with pillows. If I had no restrictions, I would be almost perfect. I still have slight stair issues. My leg is not quite strong enough as or yet. How are you doing?
 
nanal I'm doing pretty good. My PHysical therapist said I'm ahead of the norm. I use a cane but will waddle around unassisted. My leg still seems weak to me, but it is getting stronger. I still have hip restrictions as well. I had the posterior approach. My next OS appointment is March12. At that time we will see when I go back to work. I'm a teacher and it will be so hard to go back part time so I would rather stay home a lot longer. Maybe right back after spring break. We will see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom