THR Littlejem is on the move!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Littlejem, I hope you are feeling OK! I would think it would be very normal to still have some emotional ups and downs from your first surgery, and here you are, heading into your second! I think you are brave for doing the hips one right after the other. I also think you are very smart to do so, because some of the recovery will overlap, and then it's all done! I had a great year or so after my first one and then my second one started to hurt - so my enjoyment of my first hip has been hindered. You will be all done soon! Go, girl! :cheers:

I'm so sorry my weird operation story made you nervous! I never felt a thing, so it really was not bad. I have another medical condition that requires me to have annual colonoscopies - I've had 28 so far! And I make sure I say to the doctor each year things like.... "I am a wimp!! Please go ahead and medicate me - I don't want to feel anything!" and I have always found the docs to be considerate and cooperative. So if you have concerns, maybe you could tell them?
 
Littlejem Your thread is where all the action is! I've missed a whole lot, and I'm sorry. I am another supporter for that second hip of yours, and can't wait till you have a matched pair :happydance:
Woohoo spring cleaning and planters and kitchen floor looking good! Is it wood? I've read a couple of novels by an author whose name I can't remember (is it Maeve binchey?), but she goes on and on about the glowing wood floors and the polished brass and the fragrant flowers in the bowl-- I imagine you to have that kind of life in your village with your lovely old house... :)
 
Littlejem... Not long now, it will be 17 June before you know it and you will have that matching pair :)
 
Hi just a really quick one as I'm just on my way out for the whole day and evening!! Going to a place called the 'Pudding club', which is in a nearby pretty cotswold village, for a 3 course lunch in which every course has chocolate in it and then back to a friends for dinner, it's all for a friends 60th birthday celebrations!! Will post and talk to you all tomorrow, take care Janet xx:martini: :cheers:
 
Littlejem You'll probably read this tomorrow but what a nice outing you have planned! Sounds like a grand celebration. I wonder what the main course with chocolate is? I know they make different gravies that have chocolate - I think there's a Mexican one. I'm sure it will be scruptious and I'll bet the dessert is delicious. You'll have to let us know how everything was!
Our daughter has her Senior Prom tonight. So exciting! She has a gorgeous gown, and had her nails done to match. They're all going to someone's house for "pre-prom", which is pictures and often food and drinks. Last year it was even a catered event. Then the kids take a Limo to their prom, which happens to be at a Country Club that's only a mile or two from our house. "After-prom" consisits of a sleepover at someone's house. My daughter has assured me that it's 'girls only', but some of them aren't and everyone goes. (yikes!) I can't wait to see all of the beautiful prom gowns - they look like Barbie dolls, most of them.:)
 
Littlejem - how fun! I have a number of friends celebrating 60 this year with a variety of fun activities! The "Pudding Club" - sounds delightful!
ByGosh - wow, Prom. My son graduated from high school two years ago. He went to Prom at another school with a girl who asked him, an old friend ("just a friend, Mom!"). They were so cute! They ended up with a bonfire at the beach, boys and girls.... ho well!
 
Songlady Hello - The more I read your posts, the more familiar things sound to me. I think it's because we're neighbors, geographically. My daughter went to a beach bonfire after prom one year, too, down your way. AND that small community hospital you went to? I think I know which one you mean... Of course, it is a small world and we are within 1/2 hr of each other,too, I bet. So it stands to figure our lifestyles aren't too foreign to each other.

Well, I managed to hobble around at pre-prom and see all of the lovely young ladies and their handsome gents dressed like red carpet stars! They are so pretty at this age, and the boys are so adorable in their tuxes! Ahhh, to be young again...
Littlejem - I didn't mean to hijack your thread, dear girl from across the pond. Hope all of the chocolate was as delicious and exotic as it sounded and you had a lovely time with your friends.
 
The 'Pudding Club' (I guess you know pudding is another word for dessert?), was wonderful!! Set in a very quaint pretty Cotswold Village it got it's name from the fact that it does the most incredible puddings and you can go to an evening were all they serve is puddings and you get to try about 8/10 puds and if you're not feeling sick you vote for your favourite pub!! When we arrived yesterday we were offered hot chocolate with homemade chocolate biscuits and we did a chocolate quiz, which we girls actually won!! Then it was on to a chocolate cooking display, also showing and more importantly, tasting, all the various coco content chocolate from 20% up to 90%, it was tough be we got through it!! :rotfl: For lunch to start, I had red mullet fish on a bed of rocket rissoto with a white chocolate sauce which was delicious. My main was duck on pak choi with a dark chocolate sauce, mmmmmmm really yummy!! And my pudding was a very chocolatey, chocolate sponge with chocolate sauce, OMG fabulous!! If you ever get over to England it's one to be recommended!!

Songlady I was just having a 'funny 5 mins' over the surgery talk, don't worry I'll be fine and of course I could have just not read them........... My first surgery went without any hitch so there's no reason to suppose my second won't too.
zauberflöte Thanks for being my 'second hip supporter' Chris, I know this tired worn out old hip needs sorting and sorting it's going to get!! Yes I have got some solid wooden floors in my cottage just like your book, which are so easy to clean, I've always had carpet but this old cottage with its stone walls and odd little lumps of wood everywhere cried out for the wood flooring. Got to get out and get on with the rest of the planters today, so here's hoping it stays dry!! 2 days to go!!!
Take care everyone and hope you're having a good weekend - Janet
ByGosh Your kids sound like they have a fabulous time at their proms and it also sounds like they get thoroughly spoilt with all their beauty treatments, posh cars and glamorous ballgowns and why not, I'm sure they all deserve it. No problem about hijacking my thread, it happens that way sometimes doesn't it, nice to read about you being neighbours!!
 
Wow Littlejem, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate... Now you are talking my language.. I would be right at home in the little Cotswold village, having grown up in Somerset! .. How I do miss the English Pubs.

You may need to rest up after a wonderful outing such as that.. But what a treat before your second THR.. Go the 'girls' for winning the quizz :)
 
I am sooooo hungry now Littlejem! It sounds like the most delicious meal from start to finish. All that chocolate does your endorphins and the pleasure center in your brain good. You must've floated home!
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Happy planting today! :)
 
Peaches there are indeed some wonderful walks in England, we have some very pretty villages and gorgeous views but it all looks far better in the sunshine which just recently has been very lacking!! Isn't it amazing that you're even thinking about a walking holiday, that new hip must be starting to feel better?? :SUNsmile: I've only been to the USA once and that was to NY & Washington DC just before last Christmas, we loved it but my hips did stop me doing as much as I'd have liked to. We should really try to come back but it's so big, it would be a struggle to choose where!! :what:
Actually ByGosh I felt quite sick after it all :rotfl: :sick: It was very rich and I felt I ate far too much, although my friends finished theirs and I couldn't!! :groan:
 
Oh Littlejem You burst my bubble! :heehee: I was picturing you all happy and at the most, jazzed up from that caffeine-loaded chocolate! Sorry you had tummy trouble afterwards. I wouldn't have been able to handle all of the indulgence, either. We're much too delicate for all that, don't you think????:flwrysmile:

Songlady We've become pretty addicted to the dove chocolates here. You have to try them if you haven't. They come in bags like Hershey's kisses, individually wrapped, but much better. The best one, I think, is the dark chocolate almond. I allow myself 3 a day if I'm good! Or even if I try to be good, or if I think about being good....oh what the heck! No matter what I do, I eat them! :rotfl:

Godiva, though, that's a whole different class. Yum, can't buy those at the drugstore, can you? Although I think I've seen them at TJ Maxx... Now there's another errand for my poor over-worked husband!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom