Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Little improvements = Big gains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not exercise bike sleep biking oooer
 
@Legin hmmmm I agree, please no snoozing while peddling, not a good look when you start snoring!:yawn:
 
Hi @Sudibar I really like your thought for tonight. Thank you for sharing that. It's lovely and positive x
Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
I just quickly read through your thread your doing so wonderfully well. The patience thing is a challenge. I was so pleased when I read you started driving again. Freedom and independence is around the corner for you, well done. I love reading recoveries like yours. You are sensible with everything you do and that's why you are doing so well.
Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi Ann @Nana moon 27 , your right, patience is vital. We feel a little better and think we can take on the world, (eg. the laundry or housework, or cooking)but knees have other ideas! You have had a rough trot, soon your other knee will be mission accomplished and then onto better and brighter things for you.

I have been trying to do some bookkeeping this afternoon, but finding it a little challenging as knees don't appreciate sitting for any length of time, when I get and and move around, I then don't feel like doing any more. So thinking I will forget it for now :heehee:and go ice up, there is always tomorrow.
Take care of you
Diane
 
Hi Diane

Lovely to hear from you. How are you today? Gosh you're doing ever so well. Doing your accounting is wonderful.

Because of the meds I'm on I have very poor concentration. I also lost a lot of confidence over the last few months through some issues but I'm getting there. Slowly but I'm getting there.

I've woken up this morning feeling really good. Very little pain in either knee. Mentally very good yaay xxx

Once again lovely to hear from you x

Love Ann x
 
@Nana moon 27 Hi Ann, glad you're feeling good this morning, remember easy does it today, relax and let the day flow.

My quote before icing up and attempting to get comfortable tonight
"Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment." Horace

I took it real easy today, need to do some exercises and walking tomorrow, but that's for tomorrow!

Another day of healing tomorrow
Diane
 
Diane I wish I could do it at the right moment...no golf today just a lazy day for me....well maybe just a few squats or little stretches..

Vinny
 
At 7 1/2 weeks and mammoth day tomorrow travelling up to Sydney for first OS appt since op. 6 hours in the car means I may not have happy campers in the evening, but will take some meds with me, gel packs in esky, and make sure we take stops so I don't freeze in bent knees position :shocked:

After a really long shower with lovely hot water on my knees tonight, I measured my ROM -Left 126ยบ Right 108ยบ. Very happy about that. Still having some big pain issues with right knee, and it doesn't seem to line up correctly, so OS can check it out and put my mind at ease tomorrow.

Left knee is awesome, and I love not having bone on bone pain anymore in that joint.
Progressing slow and steady, work wants me to do 3 days training on 23rd, which I would also have to fly to. I can't do it yet. 12 hours/day standing on concrete floors hmmmmm. I am going to ask for time until mid April 12 week mark.
Still get stiff and swollen etc, still elevating and icing, still have bit of a limp, working on that. Sleep still around 3 hourly, did manage 8 hours last night which was bliss (think I was really really really tired!!) Still taking some meds. Oh yes still using toilet raiser.

But, I can do so much more, and so many things easier than last week and the week before, especially all the little things that we sometimes take for granted. Step by step we get there. Sometimes joining the ODIC even for no reason, sometimes we take steps back, but we edge forward bit by bit. I still need to listen to my body and my knees and heed the times to "put feet up, relax and smell the roses. Need to be patient (trying to be)

Another day of healing tomorrow.
Night
Diane
 
You are getting there Diane...good luck with the OS and the journey....remember even when we are smelling the roses we occaisionally stick our nose on a thorn but sometimes it is not easy to avoid the ODIC...safe journey ..

Vinny
 
6 hours in the car ... make sure we take stops so I don't freeze in bent knees position
So you are not driving, of course.

If you have a rear seat in the car, why not stretch out in the back?
 
Hi @Sudibar Diane. You are welcome for a rest stop at my place if you need it....shower, sleep or a cuppa. I am in Stanmore near RPA...PM me if you'd like my number and or address. Maggie x
 
-spies queue outside maggs place.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wow, big day, exhausted but did ok, getting ready for sleep and ice machine buzzing. Hi Maggie @Maggie94 for some reason didn't get alert as I would have enjoyed meeting up with you today, maybe next time?

Feeling a little downer tonight- OS wants to see me in 4 weeks, mentioned the M word today!

My right knee is lagging behind. To get that 108ยบ last night was really hard and made me very sore. He believes the pain and issues with ROM improvement is due to scar tissue.

Is it possible damage was done with the aggressive physio at rehab 2nd day I was there??? Right knee had better ROM and was in far less pain than left, (until that session that caused me so much pain). He says no work until next appt because of the travel and long hours on my feet, I am in total agreement with that at least. He is happy with the physio, hydro exercises and walking that I have been doing. Says it is nothing I have done wrong and the left knee is looking pretty good.

I can understand where he is coming from, it would be much easier for my recovery, walking etc, if there wasn't such a difference between the two. He would like both to be at 125-130. So I will keep on doing what I am now I quess, I don't want to push too hard and send myself backwards or get too focused on the numbers.

OK had my whinge - now onwards and upwards to a happy healing day tomorrow. A great night sleep, and things always seem better in the morning. :fingersx:
 
108 and the OS is talking about MUA? way too soon four weeks with gentle rehab you will be right there...you are doing great Diane not to worry.

Vinny
 
HI Diane - yes we will meet up one of these days:yes:

Have you tried massage? I get up to and extra 10* after I have massaged the knee (just using sorbelene). I agree with Vinny re just working the knee gently. Are you using a bike? - changing the seat height progressively lower is one way of making the knee bend a bit more to get the peddles turning.

Hang in there and keep working on the knee - perhaps icing behind the knee also....take care - Maggie x
 
Easy to get stuck on numbers, how do you feel walking sitting thats what counts its the unthought movement that doesnt get thought of but biggest indicator. Doing well lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you for you support and encouragement. I was a little taken back yesterday, but slept pretty well last night and a glorious new morning today. Done my usual walk for 1.2km, did some washing and normal exercises, now have knees up icing before heading out to pool. Hubby working so I will need to drive both ways today.

Maggie, funnily enough knees were very achy last night so I massaged them with some body massage oil I had, and it felt good, some areas a little tender, but not too bad, felt good afterwards. I will do that again later today. That may have been helpful with easing pain for sleeping last night too.

I am using a mini cycler on the floor, move it closer to chair for bigger bend, and have increased tension and time spent on it. I usually do 15 minutes x 2 per day.

Have pain when walking in the front of right knee, raw sore pain, and still get some muscle/tendon pain behind right knee and calf, this is much better than it was a fortnight ago. I do find massage and heat, helps behind leg. Still find I need to use arms to get up from sitting to standing, and knees get irritated and stiff when sitting for any length of time. But I think this is pretty normal at this stage?

Hubby says I am moving and walking much better than I was last week, and I am feeling more human than I have in a while (though hubby may not agree with that one :heehee:).

So thanks to all, Vinny I hope your golf continues to improve, Maggie you are doing awesome, keep it up and I hope things went well in ACT. And Legin hope your doing fine and no terrorizing the neighbourhood on you bike!!!!
Diane
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom