Bilateral TKR Little improvements = Big gains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane you are doing amazing! You BTKR people are my idols!! I hope all goes well for you today and you get to go home as your recovery will probably do better there.
 
To all Ozzie Bonesmarties, Happy Australia Day :yay:
 
Congratulations on our BTKR---I will be sending your very own DVD that shows you the ultra-secret, but highly sought, BTKR Secret Handshake!:snork:

Isn't it great to get them all done at once and then spend that time recovering---getting ready to move on with your life.
 
Hi @referee54 , looking forward to Handshake. I am pleased to have them both done, to anyone contemplating BTKR, it is a great way to go and do-able. Having a little pity party this arvo. Regiment at rehab is meds before physio sessions, do a morning and afternoon session. I think because of meds before, I am doing it easy, but obviously not, as hard to get paDr yesterday ions again this afternoon. So no 2nd session for me.:ice:
Tomorrow I will take control again and just do a hydro session in PM. Providing all back to normal by then.

I am so looking forward to getting home later in the week, where I have more control over ice, meds and physio. Staff have been great in both hospital and rehab, I just wish physio in general , were more wholistic in their approaches.

They have not put any pressure on legs, just quick measurements. When I first arrived I was at 75 º both, now left at 80 and right 70!!!!!!. Hmmm not too bothered about that, but do intend to take it easy and rest, ice and elevate even more tomorrow.

I have been using Arnica Cream, on bruising and swelling, not near stitch area, and it really seems to be helping. Got the OK from Dr yesterday to start back on Vit C and Magnesium.

So tomorrow a new day, on my healing journey
Diane
 
Hi @Sudibar Diane I just found your recovery thread. I've been wondering about you. Your recovery seems to going well and good on you for being proactive with the physios.
My BTKR is tomorrow 28th so you are about 2 weeks ahead of me. Did i read yr post right only a couple of weeks in rehab? Do you have someone at home? I live alone and was wondering about rehab time. ..guessing 2 to 3 weeks.
Keep progressing. You sound fairly relaxed and in control of both pain and avtivity. Take care and keep posting. Cheers Maggie x
 
Hi @Maggie94. All best wishes for tomorrow, soon on to recovery. They suggested to me 10 to 14 days rehab, With long weekend I am now hoping for Friday release. Hubby will take 1 day off to pick me up, then has weekend off to settle me in. In all honesty, I intend resting a lot once home and work on letting swelling go down, just gentle for me. I think you sound very well organised at home, and you should be fine. Do you have someone who can come visit and check on you?
They will not release until you are happy with your progress.
Not looking forward to drive home. 1.5 hours drive to get me there. Meds just before trip I imagine! :chillpill:
Diane
 
Hi Diane. Thankyou for your wishes for tomorrow.
Where is it you live again...morning brain fuddle...
On your trip home stop half way and have a little walk. My only suggestion is to do the air travel..ankle turns and pummps and small marching movements with your legs.
Let me know how you go. Cheers Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi again @Maggie94 If you can get a leg lifter, I have 1 organised at home and have found the one I'm using in rehab worth its weight in gold!!!
 
Lifter??? Just for your legs i assume. Someone on this site suggested a belt or dog lead to do this.

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
I.just used good leg. Hooked it under but then I'm a tad simple

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I used a jump rope to do lift exercises...just wrap it around my foot and leaned back....when able I would stand facing a wall with one hand for support and loop the belt around my ankle from behind and pull it over my shoulder to bend knee ..not as complicated as I made it sound...hope your recovery continues to improve..

Vinny
 
Hi everyone, tks for all suggestions, I went for leg lifter (inexpensive) as both knees were being operated on at same time. Another day over, madly icing, finding Hydrotherapy really good, but so easy to over do it.
Stil multi coloured bruising and just when I thought they were fading more arrived. Doing well, a little bit of a backwards day today,, but have stood in shower last 2 mornings, all a study in patience and gratitude. Physio tried pushing more repeats etc this arvo, but stuck to my easy does it approach after earlier session and my training on getting in and out of a car. I did it, but hard work - might have sworn once!
Happy healing
Diane
 
Swor? Only once? LOL. Everyone says they enjoy hydro. Must be because of buoyancy giving less weight and hence stress on da sore bits...somethimg to look forward to. How often r u doing hydro?
Stick to yr guns with pushy therapists...ask them if they have had a TKR or are they relying on text books...that came out harsh...bit of a rant but you get the drift.
Keep taking care of you. Cheers Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
You didnt say dagnabit did you. Tut. Oooops tut at me too. Stick to your guns big pain equal nae healing.
 
Hi @Maggie94 Good luck today, before you know it you will be back in your room. Be thinking of you!
Hi @Legin I didn't realise I had such a colourful vocabulary. They changed all my physio times on me yesterday which didn't help, as I was behind the 8 ball all day with meds-- then ended up taking more endone than since the op!!! to get back in:censored: control.

Raining in Sydney today, but a fresh day has begun. Hydrotherapy at 11am and then we will see about phsio at 2pm.
Keep healing guys
Diane
 
Chortle. When working with teen.I.was.playing football with.them and ripped my.calf muscle and.achilies by jumping. They.were laughing so much at me.hopping about shouting BEEEEEZER

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin love it!

Officially going home Friday yahooooo, I will be able to take all meds on time, get some good solid rest even during day, no physio just gentle stretches for a few days --and ice and elevate all I want. Had no cold gel packs or ice today as freezer not working at rehab, patients and staff both stroppy.
Badly swollen and hot right knee, could be an interesting night!:holysheep:

New day tomorrow
Diane
 
Hope night is fine. Whoot whoooot on going to.get home. Whilst there is a nit of what if and.no.medics about but joy.of.being home sooooioooo out weighs it. Ya doing grand lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Home & Resting
Managed reasonably well getting home and spent rest of afternoon sorting my space, evating and icing. :sleeep:
Still experimenting with pillows- work in progress.
Today taking it real easy. Just done some gentle stretches, swelling still foul, and flexion no where near it was before rehab.HMMMMM.

Was brilliant taking my time in shower and washing my hair with out anyone hassling it was time for physio!!!!!:yahoo:

Soon will now be settling into healing and recovery mode. Took some 2 x panadol and just 1 endone today so far and all pain under control. Easy does it from me. Happy healing everyone.
Diane
 
Oh yes the long shower wife didn't want me to.shower at first as step up but I did and loved it. Did have to keeo.quiet about the fall tho so be.careful.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom