Guest viewing is limited

THR Lisa lands on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
An outing can be wonderfully uplifting! Glad you could make it to church and lunch with your dad. Don't be surprised if your extra tired today, and/or sore. If so, rest and ice!! You're doing great!!!!
 
There is some luxury in a rainy wet (not snow here) day...it gives you an excuse to take it easy

Go careful in the wet...the first wet day I nearly slipped!!!
 
Hi Lisa,
Thrilled to hear of your wonderful progress! Glad your getting rest after a fun outing. I, too, found energy drain one of the biggest factors in recovery and one to heed. Treat yourself to lots of naps and don't feel guilty. Keep up the great recovery! God bless.
 
Energy drain gets most of us.. It takes time to recover :)
 
Oh yes...energy drain!!!! Never felt anything like it!!!!
 
Thanks everyone. Yes the energy drain is definitely getting me. And it doesn't help that I'm having trouble sleeping for an extended period of time (again common from what I've read). I can sleep about 2 hours, then wake up, have to get up and move, then hopefully fall back asleep.

Today's the day I go to the doctor to get the staples out. Hoping all goes well!

Feeling some pain and stiffness today. Yesterday I was in my house, moved the cane as I was going ofto turn and take a step. Didn't realize the cane caught my ted hose and didn't let my foot move, which caused me to pivot on my operated side. Yikes!! There was a sharp pain for a second, and since then a lot of stiffness and some more dull pain (I had been pretty much pain free). I must have stretched or pulled something that shouldn't have been done. Hadn't been taking pain meds too much (like I said was pain free) but since then Have been taking them again. Just a reminder that those precautions are there for a reason!!!

Will try to update again later today after my appointment. Hope everyone has a great day, we got about 6 inches of snow (or more) last night.
 
God luck....I remember I dropped something and just bent over in reflex to get it....wow the pain......but all was ok. I think the muscles were just tight and unused.

Talk soon
 
Congrats on reaching the milestone of staple removal. Mine come out tomorrow. Some of them don't hurt and some do when coming out, but it's short-lived discomfort. It's a relief when it's over. I recall being tired afterwards and needing a nap and a pain pill.
 
@karisa7174 and @nettie Glad you both are getting staples out. That's another milestone for you ....
Lisa glad you got to go to Church and had lunch with your dad. Nice!
 
Well everyone, talk about being disappointed. I got a phone call about an hour ago that my appointment was cancelled. The doctor wasn't going to make it in due to the weather (we got 6-10 inches of snow). I am so bummed, especially now that I have to go to their main office about 40 minutes away (today was supposed to be right in the town where I live). One more day isn't that long but I'm still bummed.

Did make if to PT this morning (only thanks to my amazing dad coming in and plowing out my driveway so I could get out. PT went well. Actually lifted my foot off the bed on my own!! Making progress!!!!
 
Thanks everyone for the continued support and encouragement. It's so great to have others that understand. While I'm feeling kind of blue tonight, I am pleased as I just did some PT exercises and actually got my operated leg in the air 3 tries in a row!! Shooting for 5 in a row before I go to PT on Friday.

@nettie thanks for telling me about staple removal. I have to admit I'm super nervous about that!
 
Sorry for the disappointment today in having your appointment postponed, but at least it's because of snow and not a medical reason. I didn't know what to expect last time when I had my staples removed. There were about 30 of them and we took them 10 at a time, with a short break before taking the next 10. I was surprised when I saw the tool that the tech was using. It looked like a needle-nose plier right from my garage! Seems kind of low-tech, but it works. I am looking forward to getting mine out tomorrow. Congrats on your progress with lifting your leg. Very exciting and a good sign of healing!!! Hang in there!!
 
:yay:Way to go Lisa on the leg lifting! You are making the milestones go by one after another.
 
So sorry about your cancelled appointment but good news about the leg lifts!!!

Staples don't really hurt coming out...I'm talking from experience with a tummy wound so I hope you have the same experience :)
 
Sounds like yr making great progress lisa. Hope everything continues to go smoothly. I got that leg lifting exercise too but i think it bothered my back so i stopped it for now. Especially when i read here that its not so necessary. I think we are the best judges of whats right. But glad its going ok for u. Also want to say that staples arent such a big deal. Good luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom