THR Lisa lands on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news!! you're doing awesome! But I can totally relate to the emotional aspects! Even if recovery goes well, it's emotionally draining. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Thinking of you!
 
@nettie thanks for the encouragement. I hope you're doing well also! I know we had ours done the same day. I am feeling really great, like I said. Just a little emotional, and get tired easy. I'm finally starting to sleep better. I am awake at 4 am but I did fall asleep last night by 9 so that's 7 hours which for me is awesome! I think I woke up once, but just for a few minutes.

Went to PT yesterday, had my favorite of the therapists. He said I'm doing great also and if he didn't know better, would have thought my surgery was 8 weeks ago, not just 3. I know I still have a ways to go, but it's getting better and the muscles are getting stronger. Last night I did 6 straight leg raises. I had been only able to do 1 or 2 before that.

I can tell I'm feeling better because I'm getting very bored, being stuck at home! Today I have nothing on the schedule so I'm going to work on making some cards, maybe a load of laundry, and do some reading!
 
@karisa7174, I totally understand everything you are saying. It's 4:12 am here in NY and. I am awake!! Getting enough sleep overall but can't sleep for long intervals. Am almost always awake at this hour. I feel a little bored too, but don't have enough mental concentration to take on much. I know my recovery is way ahead of schedule yet can't seem to stuff the feelings of impatience. This will pass for both of us. It's nice to hear the stories of others and know we are not alone!!
 
Hi Lisa,
You are doing fantastically well! And doing so much! I am just over 5 weeks and can go out to the shops but get really exhausted and can't do much the next day. I agree about those side leg raises- my leg cramped up the first time at physio and he changed his mind and said my leg wasn't strong enough to do them. So I of course tried again at home - just a couple - and was fine. I can do around 8 now - a week later. Also I am emotional too - almost don't want to watch the news cos I get so upset for people ( we have flooding here) . Just get overloaded by family stuff that I coped fine with before. But it will pass.
Have a good day and well done again
Gill
 
@fulafoto I was completely surprised when he said that! I knew I was doing good, but he blew me away when he said that. There's also a lady there I've had that I really like too. I've just had the guy more times from prior PT that I really like him. And I can joke with him and give him a hard time. He jokes right back and gives me a hard time too!

@nettie, it's just been the past 3 or 4 nights that I've been able to sleep more than 1 1/2 hours at a time. You'll get there soon!! Ah, the impatience factor! Gotta love it!! I'm so impatient with wanting to drive!! This weekend, or early next week is when I'm allowed to start. It can't come soon enough! Of course, I've got to figure out if I can get in or out of my car (I have a pretty low honda Civic). My dad is going to help me try it this weekend. If it's not going to work, he has an Accord that while not high, is higher than my car. He said we could switch for a few weeks if needed. My friends that are taking me to appointments both have small SUV type vehicles and those are really easy to get in/out of. It's what I want to get (I want a honda CRV, just need to save money).

This site has been a lifesaver for me!! I know a few people that have had hip replacement but most are older. Is great to see other ones around my age on here, hear of recovery stories, realize you're not alone, and realize that everyone is different in their recoveries!!
 
Ted hose are off my legs for good!!! Well, technically I should have them on for 24 more hours but it's close enough, especially since I'm pretty active now, and also, no one is able to come in and help me put them back on after showering due to ice and freezing rain we are getting.

PT is still going great!! Walked quite a bit there today along with some other exercises. The hardest one continues to be the straight leg raises. But I can now do about 6 of them at a time.

Otherwise, I'm feeling great!! Only taking Tylenol at this point for just some minor aches and stiffness. Tomorrow (weather permitting) I will drive for the first time!! Had a practice run on Sunday of getting in and out of my car (it's low to the ground but with a pillow, I managed.)

Back to work half days on Monday so I'll see how that goes. Getting ready to get back I to the groove of things!!
 
Good bye and good riddance to those ted hose @karisa7174 I hated them and they weren't very stylish either!!!!!

You sound like you are going so great. Keep up the good work
 
Thanks @Vetgirl it's been the best decision I made! I know I still have a ways to go, but so happy with my progress so far.
 
Drove for the first time in a month today!! Nice to not have to be as dependent on people anymore! Of course, I won't be going out and about a lot as it's not real easy to get in and out of, pretty low to the ground. But will be nice still the same.

PT is still going well. Going down to twice a week next week (have been going 3 times).
 
Lisa, I drove today too for the first time!! It was even a stick shift car, but no problem. In fact, it was easier than before the surgery to get in and out. What a relief and feeling of independence. I am feeling hopeful!!! Nice to hear you are doing well!! Keep it up!!
 
Glad you had such an easy time @nettie that's awesome! I did notice that I didn't have to lift my leg in like before, just hard to not break precautions because it's low (even put a pillow down). Sure it will get easier as I get used to it. Just glad to have a bit more independence! Hope you're feeling good too!!
 
Well. I survived! Went back to work half day for the first time. My chair at work is a little uncomfortable right now, but going to take a pillow tomorrow and see if that helps. Otherwise, it went pretty well. And not near as tired as I was a couple weeks ago.

This morning I just found out what the charges were for my surgery and what my insurance paid. My implant isn't metal, it's GOLDEN!! Well, it should be at the price they charged for it! At that price, it had better last awhile!! Yikes!! Good thing my tax refund will cover most of my surgery bill.

Well, it's not late here but I didn't sleep well last night (nerves about going back to work) so I'm heading to bed early. Especially since it's back to work again tomorrow morning!
 
Five weeks out from Surgery today!! In some respects, it feels like an eternity. But in other ways, seems like just yesterday. Feeling good, very little pain, just a couple Tylenol a day takes care of that. Still a ways to go in Therapy although the therapist says I'm doing things of sometime 9 weeks or more out from surgery. Still trying to strengthen muscles.

I'm back to work half days this week and next. Definitely wouldn't want to be back to full days yet. Energy drain definitely has a grip. Came home today after work and took a nearly 2 hour nap. But going well overall!!

Go to the doctor in a week for my 6 week checkup. Will be glad when the bending restrictions are lifted. But I can definitely tell what I should and shouldn't be doing. If I try to push a little to far, my hip definitely protests!!

Not much else new here. Calling for another winter storm this weekend and Monday. This will be the first one that I'll have to go out in. Has me kind of nervous because I can't go out and shovel. Trying to figure out what to do, but trying to wait til it gets a little closer to see what kind of amounts they're saying.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Thanks so much for all your support and encouragement these past few months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom