THR Lisa lands on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are home safe and sound....sleeping in your own bed is so good. Once you get the meds under control it will be so much easier. Every day brings an improvement. Thinking of you. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Glad you are home and it's over. Hope that the pain situation is under control soon. Don't forget the ice!! If the pain meds aren't working be sure to let your OS know.
 
Going home is a major milestone, there is no place like home... Remember to rest, elevate, ice and take your prescribed meds :)
 
Going to call OS on Monday. Was sent home with Celebrex (1 per day) and norco (5-325h) (1 or 2 every 6 hours). Trouble is, if I take 2 every 6 hours I'll be completely out by Tuesday and don't see Dr. Until a week after that. Needless to say I don't want to run out so most times I'm just taking one. If I'm just sitting and not moving the pain isn't horrible. And walking itself isn't too painful. It's the getting in and out of chairs, bed, toilet, etc that is the hardest. When everyone says the operated leg feels like it weighs a ton, they are completely right!!

Overall, I'd say things are going pretty well for just a few days out from surgery. Thanks for all the kind words and support.
 
It's the getting in and out of chairs, bed, toilet, etc that is the hardest.

Even with good pain management @karisa7174, these activities will be the hardest for a couple or three weeks. Slowly, but surely, they will be easier and easier to do. Just take it easy and follow the BoneSmart mantras.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Congratulations, welcome to the other side. Get the meds for relief! Big hugs to you, Lsa!
 
Lisa,
Just found your threads. I'm just a little ahead of you, having had surgery on the 14th.

I'm glad you have your Dad with you over the weekend. Next week, don't forget your friends at church. You will need their help. I promise you (I'm a Pastor) they will not be burdened by you. If someone asked to help, make use of them. They asked to help, ... well, because the have the gift of helps. They feel great pleasure and satisfaction in helping. They know they serve God by helping those in need.

Now, being on the same fence as yourself, I understand how it feels to ask someone for help. I'd rather do it for myself :grin: . But when you need help, you need help. Let me suggest you ask these church friends to come by for Lunch and Dinner to help with meals. They probably will bring food over anyway. While they are over, they will ask if there is anything else they can do. Make use of this offer, only if you need. But, please allow them to serve Jesus by serving you. It is a win-win.

I'll be praying that the pain med issue is resolved. I agree with others, you did not get enough. Remember to use ice, AS MUCH AS YOU CAN STAND! Ice is the next best pain reliever after the meds.

And be careful. Take it slow and steady. If your head feels light - sit down, better, ... lay down. Follow the mantra. I'm praying for you.
 
@karisa7174 The pain and the pain meds allocated have been something that I am fearful of. Meaning, just
as you said... that you feared you will run out.
Why do they only give such a ridiculously small number of meds out? You obviously would have run out
days before your next office visit. Do call the OS office for a refill on Monday straightaway.
Take care.
 
@psychteach I had general anesthesia.

All in all, today has been okay. Walking isn't bad at all. Getting up and down from chair, couch, toilet, bed is what is a killer. That dead leg feeling needs to go away-and quickly!!!
 
Yes they do want you to have to keep calling frequently. That way they can monitor your usage and make sure they aren't giving out more than you should be using and the drugs don't get into the wrong hands... Sad but true
 
Congratulations on reaching the other side, it's trite but true to say 'just take each day as it comes'
 
@shrinkette yes I do, and it is a lifesaver. Couldn't imagine trying to do it without prepping my house ahead. Hope things are going well for you. Thinking of you and hope all goes well next week.
 
@karisa7174. It's weird because it's not the awful pain pre op but really tight feelings getting up and down...I found walking stretching out for 5/10 mins at a time really helped to alleviate that sort of pain....getting in/ out of bed in the night was bad too....so did leg exercises, side ablations x5 and bringing knee up x 5 plus before you get up from chair etc do the tightening of the glutes ...that really helped a lot. Plus lots of ice and then more ice. Take care...Chrissie xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
All prepped including toilet thing. Hope my lift/recliner is delivered when they promised (day after surgery); it'll be the 3rd delay. Hoping to make it my nest at the beginning.

You're only 3 days out & "walking isn't bad"?!!! Good girl! But the rest is difficult, you say. Do hope you get some more meds fast. Are they effective? I'm just praying I can get into bed without a winch!!

Can you believe it's over?!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom