THR Lisa lands on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Lisa lands on the other side @karisa7174, great to hear that you are doing so well. And it will just continue to get better and better---one day you'll realize that you have been through an entire day without thinking of your hip at all!

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
So glad you are doing well @karisa7174... Back at work....wow that's quick....!! Hope the storm wasn't too bad for you. Love Chrissie xx
 
Well, I'm now 6 1/2 weeks out. Where does the time go? I went to the doctor last Thursday and he said all looked great. Restrictions are done, yippee!!! Although he said to still be careful. And I know when I try to bend or turn too far. My hip definitely let's me know. He officially released me and I don't go back for another year unless there are any problems. Asked for a copy of my X-ray as I thought it was interesting but when I heard they were going to charge me, I said never mind. Dr. left the office to get my return to work slip but left the X-ray on the screen. So I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture. It's not the clearest in the world but at least I have something. I'm officially back to work full days tomorrow! Yikes, it's gonna be a long week!

I'm getting along great. Got kicked out of PT as my visits for the year are almost gone. They want me to save just a couple. Going to go the same place though for Wellness and doing a lot of same things. Just won't have one on one interaction with a therapist although they are there if you have questions.last week, walked nearly 2 laps around the track (800 meters). Last summer couldn't even do 400 meters without being in agony. Hoping to get up to a mile within a couple more weeks. Need to get back to work on weight loss but trying not to push too much.

This weekend I got rid of most of my recovery aids (reachers, toilet riser, raised recliner, etc). Holding into the cane for a couple more weeks. Not using it but want it handy if we get some ore snow or ice.

My only frustration with all of this is I still can't seem to sleep in bed. Can't get comfortable at all on my back. And the last few weeks, have tried my side with a pillow between my legs, but seems to pull on my hip and cause me pain if I do that. So I am still sleeping in the recliner. If that's my biggest issue, I can't complain. I keep telling myself it will come in time.

All in all, I'm ecstatic with how everything is gone. I've had very little pain from the begin inning (other than the first full post op day, that was pretty bad). Made pretty quick progress and so happy to be back to work so quickly. (I went back half days at four weeks and full time just over six).

I've had amazing support, from everyone on here who truly understand, to family, and friends, have all made this process so much easier.
 
Lisa I haven't been checking in regularly but it sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations!!
 
@Freaky freak things had been going pretty well. Recently though I've been having a lot more leg pain and weakness, reminiscent of pre-surgery. Hoping it's nothing major, trying to rest as much as possible and keep up with a little therapy. And just trying to stay positive.
 
Lisa I had left leg pain on the outside of my hip after returning to work and sitting in my office chair or when I would drive. I solved it by getting a cushion and I have had no more of that pain. You didn't say what kind you are having. Mine would start about the hip, go down the outside of my leg, through my knee cap and down into my ankle. Knee and ankle hurt so bad I had to rake a pain pill to get some relief.
 
Probably due to all the different muscles you are using now you are back to work Lisa....hope it gives soon. Chrissie xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom