Guest viewing is limited

PKR Left Knee in

Status
Not open for further replies.
A young grandma with an awesome knee will be great! My grandma was 45 when I was born and I'm so lucky to have had such a long time with her. I was 38 when I had my son, and my parents' age really limits what they can do with him.

Haven't driven yet. We had torrential storms today and I didn't feel comfortable. Maybe tomorrow??? I only need my right foot to drive, and I've done ok getting in and out of my husbands car so far. Still using 2 crutches though... That won't be easy by myself.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello Ladies, I happy to hear you are all doing well, it's great the little victoies we can celebrate I am going to my 6 week check up on Wednesday, and will be helping my daughter look for a wedding dress for next year!
I've been feeling and seeing improvements in my ROM, only taking painkillers if I go on a shopping trip, I find my scar is at the tender stage I'm putting Bio oil on it to keep it from drying out but it's looking pretty good.
Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the weather..:SUNsmile:
 
Hugs to you. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
That all sounds brilliant - gardening! Wow. Great news re the sleeping too. Have you got one of those cryo cuff ice machines? Think of buying one as people rave about them.

Congrats on the lovely news re granddaughter! What's the due date? You'll be so chuffed so be able to run around and play with her without pain.

Will your other knee need doing in the future?

Good tip re the upper body strength, thanks. I'll have a chat with the PT about that tomorrow.

Have you been to see a PT yet? I know you were diligently doing your home exercises.

We have a barking dog a few houses away occasionally. It drives me nuts - I really feel for @JennyLynne !

You timed your surgery perfectly then to get a long recovery period. Brilliant.

I won't be going back to the office with 8 flights of stairs. I've told them that I won't be able to so "alternative arrangements" will be made for me. Remains to be seen what this means but they're making all the right noises.

No stick at all! That's brilliant. Must be a great confidence boost.

How you been out other than for afternoon tea?

And how has showering been? Did you buy a non slip mat or a shower stool?

I'm very inspired by your recovery - making me a little less nervous :thankyou:
 
@Littlelady58 That's exciting; Wedding Dress shopping. Good news on the scar, half my knee is still numb! Is this normal? Currently slathering with coconut oil.
@JennyLynne I don't blame you not going out in the storm, bad enough with good knees. How's the sleeping going and pain control?
@Raffs No didn't go for ice machine, just opted for a simple knee sleeve with ice pack inserts - amazing. The company supply you with two packs, one freezing and one in pack. In the early days my partner made up an ice box with the ice blocks that kept the packs frozen and easily last through the night. Here's the link https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/col...ck-wrap.html?gclid=COypv9yC7MUCFdQZtAodJFsAPw

My OS said it is doubtful my other knee would need doing as this procedure will stop me running or playing singles tennis, so perhaps protect it a little. Time will tell, do you need two eventually?

I have booked a PT to make a home visit on Wednesday, luckily it is an old work colleague that went off to Uni to train as a physio. She is keen as mustard to help, which is great news.

Last night we ventured out to restaurant for a couple of hours, it was lovely to get out but my back was causing me a huge amount of discomfort and took the edge off the evening. Not sure why, it as the site of the spinal block and wondered if this had anything to do with it? I even managed a glass of prossecco - delicious and went straight to my head considering I hadn't had any alcohol for well over a month haha :heehee:

I am showering in our own shower now which is in the bath. but I kind of roll in (not a pretty sight) imagine a poor 'scissor high jump technique'
[Bonesmart.org] Left Knee in


Hope everyone is having a good Sunday, mine very chilled; knee up, ice in place with crocheting and Prison Break - very near the end of series now...phew!
 
@Raffs 8 flights of stairs????? That's crazy! I would imagine that a challenge for many of your coworkers!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Raffs Hello I'm in Circle Hospital in Bath, cannot fault it , has been amazing. Do you know where you surgery will take place?

Today I have walking around the room on the walking frame every hour and a few exercises followed by ice. Goodness the knee bends are painful but I refused to be pushed by the physio - it's my knee!
Able to sit in the chair also which is a lovely change and enjoying looking out the window
Really hoping I get some sleep tonight.
Best wishes to everyone on recovery side.
JennyLynne how are you doing?
Hi I had my tkr there brilliant experience I was an hour away from home having second one done there too


20/01/2015
 
@jacs65 , I am so excited for you about your granddaughter who is on the way later this year. Our first was a granddaughter too and she has been an absolute delight. Since her, we've had three grandsons so it looks like she'll be the only girl.

It sounds like you are doing phenomenal! Just getting more active does help even though it's hard to get motivated to do so! We have a retirement dinner for a neighbor at a nice restaurant in town tonight so I'm looking forward to that.

Other than sleeping, it seems that we are all making progress!

Roxie
 
@Homeport My OS Jonathan Eldridge. I was his very last patient at Bath apparently, now he is working out of Bristol only. Do you know who your surgeon is/was?
 
Neil Bradbury head of team I did lot of research he has great feedback


20/01/2015
 
Hi @jacs65 re: knee still numb, my first knee is still partly numb, it's been 7 months, I asked my surgeon about it
He said there it might always have a numb area, a friends went after a year + don't know what other people's is like ?? It really doesn't bother me, just a little reminder to take care
 
Fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing. Great to know exactly why my knee is numb
 
I have numb spots on my foot from surgery 5 yrs ago, and also around my c-section scar from 3 yrs ago. I think some spots stick around for a long time, but you kind of stop noticing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Some nerves just don't grow back I HV a numb knee from a motorbike accident 30 yes ago. Some wld say I banged head with same result.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hope you've had a good day.

Thanks for the ice pack info.

Yes, my left knee will also need doing at some point. Hopefully not too soon!

Great to hear you had a nice night out. Bet that Prosecco was like nectar! Did the knee behave afterwards?

Looking forward to hearing how the PT goes. Saw mine today, he said I'm pretty much ready for the surgery and to keep doing the exercises up until then. He said he'll see me 7-10 days after.

Am chuckling at the thought of you scissor jumping into the shower!!

I bought a toilet frame yesterday - not the sexiest thing I've ever purchased!!

@JennyLynne yes 8 flights!! It's a historical building in Central London. It is exempt from the Disability Discrimination Act because of its history so doesn't need to install a lift. But.....rumour has it that a more practical office is being sought. This is great news. Not just for me but all of my colleagues especially one who had an operation on her foot a few weeks ago!

@Kansas Teacher One month today since your surgery! - sounds like you're doing well. Going to go over and read your recovery thread now :)
 
Hi @Raffs , It has been a month. Some days I think I'm doing great and others, not so much! Today my knee is kind of sore and swollen due, I think, to a busy weekend. Back to PT tomorrow so hoping to get the swelling down by then.

Roxie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom