Guest viewing is limited

PKR Left Knee in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had that happen yet either, @jacs65 , but it is always a fear, isn't it! I think I will look up those 3 yoga poses too. Until I get back into my tai chi, they might help keep me limber.

Sounds like you are doing well. The walks help, I think.

Roxie
 
Oh no! Hope you're ok. Hopefully no damage done.

1/4 to 1/2 mile sounds like a good distance to be walking at only 4 weeks out!

Apart from the incident today, is your recovery going as you thought it would so far?
 
Owwwwww. Ice, elevation, and rest for now. Good idea to call doc in morning to check.
 
Oh no!!! I'm sure it was just the shock of the bend, and no actual damage. But it'll probably swell up a bit. No more hedge hopping!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks ladies, yes definitely think it was the huge bend, felt sharp pain in it but think its just pulled ligaments. It is swollen but sure it will be fine in the morning. And @JennyLynne def no more hedge hopping!

But yes apart from that knee ok and managing about 1/4 mile walk and a 6 min session on the bike. Now this isn't a full revolution (can almost see all of you gasping) all I mange is just over half revolution, back pedal and repeat. But feels good to do a tiny little bit :yes:
 
Also, if you're in physical therapy, make sure you let them know what happened. They can adjust your program if necessary to ensure a solid recovery from that extra stretch. Like you said, the ligaments are what you're most likely concerned about for health.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Hope you managed to get some sleep and the knee is ok today?
 
I slipped yesterday - bare feet on shiny floor - and ouch! Not as bad as your fall though - hope you aren't too sore!
 
How is your knee feeling today after falling yesterday?
 
Hello all, feeling OK thank you and in fact my periformis is causing me the most discomfort today. That said, I managed about 1/2 mile walk and two 6 min sessions on bike - 2 mins each of these were full revolution.

At one point had a really sharp pain in my left knee, but rested up and iced and feels good at the moment. Phoned physio and can't make it until Monday, but that is more for work on my Periformis, so uncomfortable.

Thanks all for asking, loving the love from Bonesmart people.:SUNsmile:
 
Hope things improve for you, @jacs65 . Those aches and pains that come along aren't pleasant. I think we'll truly know we're better when all of these other things simmer down.

Roxie
 
Glad your tumble hasn't set you back.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all focus on our knee recovery and not have to deal with all those other aches and pains?? Hope you get some relief!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How's the knee now since the stumble? Hope the periformis pain is better?
 
@Raffs Hi there, knee seems fine no pain but have taken a step or two back in terms of ROM and knee flexion but I think rehab goes a bit like that anyway.
Been super busy around the house and garden today and forgot to take any anti-inflammatories...off to take some now! Might help.
How's the prep for surgery going?
 
Anyone experienced being really cold? It's happened two mornings in a row when I wake up, literally cold to the bone. Drink two cups of tea, but no help. In the end a hot bath and soak for 30 mins was the only thing that started to warm me up.
I guess it's part of the healing process...just feels odd.
Knee flexion update - 100 degrees :wow:
Yes I have felt cold far more since the op and I am one of these people that sleep with feet out of bed even in thick of a Dorset winter I found that strange have put it down to the large weight loss since surgery



20/01/2015
 
Hi. If you're forgetting to take your meds then that isn't necessarily a bad thing as you're probably not in too much pain? That's gotta be good.

Prep going well thanks. Feel surprisingly calm now. Kind of wish it was happening sooner. Got a few bits to sort out for the house - finally going to install a TV in the bedroom - and a long list of questions for the pre-op on June 24th. Knee still playing mind games by not hurting too much! Hmmm....I think it's hoping for a reprieve - no chance!
 
Watch out for the storms later - just seen the forecast for today - eek!
 
Yes, batten down the hatches, spent the week planting 200 Zinnia's hope they last the storm.

Knee has been good the last two days, managed 2km walk today and yesterday and 2 x 10mins on the bike with full revolution and no resistance.

Sleep also has improved hugely :tada:
 
That is amazing on all accounts!! Plus, more activity helps you sleep better, which helps you be more active, and so on! All so connected.
 
@JennyLynne exactly! Its had a huge impact on my sleeping and in how I feel generally and much happier soul :flwrysmile:
How have you found work this week, it must have helped just getting out of the house? I am counting down the days until I can drive.....11 days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom