Guest viewing is limited

PKR Left Knee in

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Homeport I phoned Circle Bath and my first check up is in August!!! 10 weeks post op and I have a different surgeon to see.
 
Is it curved because I had a 'button' whatever that is, just reading up my surgery notes.
 
@Homeport I phoned Circle Bath and my first check up is in August!!! 10 weeks post op and I have a different surgeon to see.
My first was at six weeks I guess they are all different and before that they phoned at four days post op and at about three weeks post op to see how I was getting on
Yes they replaced that on my op too it is part of knee cap under neath they place a plastic type surface to it
I wish you all the best with new surgeon


20/01/2015
 
Hey hopes ya doing ok?
I had partial an it would pop crack and lock loud.
Did I hear you say that your knee waking noises?
Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Angel1978 Yes it knocks when I massage the scar but not noticed any noises any other time. Been told on here that is perfectly normal, so that's all good.
Hope you are doing OK
 
Update at just almost 7 weeks post op

Flexion - almost full flexion, but so difficult to put a measurement on it without anything to measure with. So at a guess and comparing with right I would say 140 degrees - what is full flexion?
Extension - cannot fully extend on my own yet but say 20 degrees off? With other foot or aid I can fully extend.

Walking - almost three miles a day at 10km/ph pace so just steady and thinking about posture and without limping.

Biking - MTB about the same and again nice and steady.

Painkillers - none
Anti-inflammotries - now and again after a busy day
Ice- as and when I need it - Q: should I still be actively icing the knee when I raise it of an evening?

So very happy, still finding myself pretty tired if I take a trip out but I would expect that

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend
 
You are a ROCKSTAR!!!! Amazing stats!

Saw my doc yesterday and he said the knocking was absolutely to be expected and will go away.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That is wonderful jacs65!! It is my understanding from my PTA that different implants on the TKR, have different measurements they can go up to. My flexion is 132 and my extension - 1 1/2, which she said is great and they would not expect much more than that for me. I bet though it may improve just a little more in a few months. As far as the icing goes, YES, continue to ice and elevate as needed!!!!
 
I agree with @JennyLynne - you are a rockstar!! It's been so helpful for me to be able to hear all about your journey so far. Thank you and may things keeping rocking and rolling!! Less than 48 hours to go for me.....gulp.
 
Wow your scar from the images have healed awesome. Your posts are amazing. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm on the other side!! ......but you knew that anyway!!!

How's your week been? Have you started to feel that your life is beginning to return to normal yet? Does your knee still dominate pretty much your every waking (and sleeping, or lack of it) moment like I know mine will for the next few weeks/months??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom