THR Layla's Recovery

Okay, @MyAussieGirl ... here's my red boots, can walk either way?
[Bonesmart.org] Layla's Recovery
 
Probably not hip friendly?
 
Oh I'd love to be able to wear black stilletos (i've even forgotton how to spell it) but think those days are long over sadly. Boring comfortable rules now. One day one day.....
 
@Mojo333 Hilarious! About the ugliest I've ever seen!
@Tomgirl Stilettos....with their long thin heels....I'd agree are probably not a great option
at our age and with new hips. I was a heel wearer as my younger self and as we've heard they're not good
for our feet anyway. I did wear a pair of heels to a wedding 6 months pre-op.
They laid on the floor under the table for most of the night. Put them on when up and moving
around. I was in pain at the time though also. I wouldn't hesitate to wear a mid heel for a special occasion.
As long as the heel isn't stiletto I think it can be done. Ballet flats pretty much my shoe of choice
over the past (many) years. Not the best support..... but oh so easy off and on.
Being a "slave to fashion" days are over. It's all about comfort now, for me anyway.
 
Thank You @Gretel
Such pretty flowers all the way from a garden in Australia. Makes my day!

Not a flower in sight in these parts.
They're already selling containers of Winter arrangements here that are
cold tolerant. Spruce tops, pine boughs, dog wood, birch logs etc
While they're very pretty they don't compare to all the beautiful Summer colors.

Thanks again.....so sweet.....love them!
 
I just wanted you to know I miss you a lot and our TV game like Sonney and Cher ....Dark Shadows after school.....Hugs to @Layla
 
Oh MAG this made me laugh. I did watch Dark Shadows after school!
Barnabas Collins with his weird haircut....remember? And his fangs Lol
And I remember a really pretty blonde with blue eyes....Angelique. Remember those two?
And the nurse, Dr Julia Hoffman = horrible actress...hahaha!
I was in like 6th grade and thought she was a lame actress, now that's pretty bad when a 12 - 13 yr old spots that. I better watch it...someone will come on this thread in her defense claiming she's a long lost relative.

Hope you're latest recovery is moving along nicely. You're almost 2 months out already! Time is flying.
Hugs and best wishes for a great week.
@MyAussieGirl
 
Recovery seems slow to me but you know me

OMG yes, his bangs... I wanted to BE Angelique she was sooooo pretty be in my book. I bet we were in the same grade. I can only recall after school running in to see Dark Shadows...lol and yes that old hag..they were all stinky actors I bet :loll:
 
Haha.....you're so funny. And I did hurry home from school, I loved that silly show!

I'll bet you'll be feeling pretty good by Thanksgiving....even better by Christmas!
I want to start decorating soon, for sure within a couple weeks. I enjoy the tree on at night
and the decor but then January 1st rolls around and it's down.....over it!
 
Ok ladies, I loved Dark Shadows too! I saw a few episodes not long ago on a retro station, omg such horrible acting. Did anyone watch "Where the action Is"? I loved Paul Revere and the Raiders. Not sure I should be admitting to all of this :heehee:
 
Where The Action Is ....isn't that a song? Oh baby c'mon let me show you where the action is.....
I remember Paul Revere and the Raiders! You should have been on My Aussie Girls thread when we were playing @Miggie lots of crazy tv shows I barely remember were coming up.....it was fun.
I want to play again when @MyAussieGirl isn't busy with her Epilepsy work.
 
Lol I am busy but I swear I just came on to ask if you remembered Paul Revere and the Raiders....haha omg the shirt oh but those skin tight pants hehe @Miggie we both thought of it...gimme a ride hahaha!!! Kicks just keep getting harder to find :rofsign::loll:

Layla we Will play again trust me... sadly I spent a lot of time today by I fear getting nowhere helping someone who wants to kill herself.

We will play again but it must be remembered stuff
 
:hiking: cuts tree down for @Layla oddly I too love to look at the lights and decorations at night... thanks I do hope I feel much better by Christmas I don't feel horrible but just sore here and there...this year most of my decorations will be purple for epilepsy and my dog...

I wonder how you'll do your place up?
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl
I'm so sorry but thankful too that you were able to be emotional support for someone feeling so hopeless.
How tragically sad. It had to wear down your reserve as it would be hard to feel care-free after an encounter like that. Hopefully this person seeks / finds the help they so desperately need. Just very sad....

Wishing you feel physically better by Christmas too. I'll bet you do! I'll pray you do.

Love, love the purple for Epilepsy decor idea!
As for our tree, for the past 5 yrs I'm stuck on a realistic white flocked tree I bought. The decor is all silver, clear glass, iridescent, ivory, pearly, sparkly type stuff with clear lights. Very frou-frou....not hubby's taste haha!
So I put up a second on lower level all browns, bronzes, gold, on a green tree, white lights. He likes that one.
It works out because he watches tv in that area at night. We don't watch the same type of tv......He's all about sports. Me.....not so much.

Yeah, loved what @Miggie posted. We'll have to play again when you're able. Loved that song Kicks back in the day, haha! Another one I loved "Him or Me, What's It Gonna Be" remember that one? Lol

Hope you have a great day!
 
@Layla, yes the song Where the Action Is was the theme for the show with the same name. It was on in the mid sixties. I would love to play with you and @MyAussieGirl.

We also put up two Christmas trees, one in the living room is mine, done in reds and silver and white lights. My husband puts up one down stairs that is entirely done with fire department ornaments and red lights. That time is quickly approaching isn't it?! Hope you are having a good day.
 
Sounds very pretty @Miggie
I love white lights!
I like the fire department ornaments and red light theme.....assuming hubby is a fireman?
Hopefully the pain in your knees is still lessening.
Enjoy Myrtle Beach this week!
 
I get a real tree. Yours both sound pretty... I think we all should take pictures.

I still don't know that show nor any of the songs but lol my Kicks...soon Epilepsy awareness stuff ..and I am tired

Loves you all
 
You want a good laugh....one of these days look up the video for "Him Or Me, What's It Gonna Be"
You'll remember the song when you hear it....
I laughed so hard I wish I could have watched it with you.
You mentioned the tight pants on Paul Revere and the Raiders.
Do you remember the high black boots? Two of the band members on the left
playing guitar....same moves both of them in unison and these idiot women in red fringed flapper era looking dresses whooping it up. Dancing like Goldie Hawn used to dance on Laugh In.
I'm watching it again just so I can laugh some more!!

Nigh, nigh time....you go seepy now :yawn: :sleep:
@MyAussieGirl
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom