Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

@Josephine Many thanks for your advice. I went to the hospital whom performed my operation straight away again on your good advice. The doctor said yes it is hot and red but she was not worried about it at the moment and it maybe the inner stitches are inflamed? Though she said also there is no weeping to take a swab sample from because the scar dry and there is no pain around the area. Though I'm to keep an eye on it and if it worsens to return and take it from there. Also was given the advice to keep elevating the knee and put ice on the redness.

It is such a worry. Not sure I will have the other knee done until my left knee and my mental health is very much improved. Takes more than one physical health but also mental health has got to be good has well. This much I have learnt so far and is the advice I would give.
 
maybe the inner stitches are inflamed?
I don't buy that. I've never seen a reaction to sutures like that.
Not sure I will have the other knee done until my left knee and my mental health is very much improved.
Very good idea, bland. I doubt your surgeon would be prepared to operate until that knee is 100% better anyway.
 
Hi All again. Not been posting for awhile. Having bad anxiety attacks lately.

Still update on knee: still very painful and red though got a soft lump on side of op knee. Not sure what it is but will get the physio tomorrow to check it out.

Hope you all are making better progress than me
 
I hope you feel better really soon and that your lump is nothing to worry about.
 
Good to hear from you bland9 - I've been wondering how you've been getting along. Glad you are going to have the physio check out the lump. I hope you are giving your knee enough rest - you are still only about a month from your surgery.
 
When do you see your surgeon again @bland9 ?
I think it would be a good idea to show him/her your knee. If there's nothing wrong, you will be reassured and if anything needs to be done (such as antibiotics) he will do it.
Either way, it would be better than worrying.
 
I understand your frustration. I am 3 weeks out and only have ROM from 2 to 70. I can't use the bicycle. Only walk short distances.

Saw PT today and she pushed me but not past my pain point. Just the little we did today made my knee burn. Feels like it is on fire. And it tightens up. I go back again tomorrow and am a bit worried at how much it will hurt. Although i wont go too far. I know i have to push a little. I just feel like I am so behind. I had planned to be back at work this week, but that didn't happen.

This site is so helpful and I appreciate the words of encouragement. Helps to know we aren't alone.

Karen
RTKR 6/16/17
 
Hi All thankyou for all your kind support- seen the doctor at the Spire hospital -she stated all is well and today seen PT she happy with the knee , got a rom of 110 so that's ok - though tight band around knee make it feel like my foot going numb, lump on side of OP knee is nothing to worry about ,done some rotating on static bike which pt very happy with , she said may make a 5 min workout next time if all is well and if I able too
 
That is excellent news bland9. I'm so glad you got encouraging news from the doctor as well as the PT. Your range of motion is excellent at this point and I'll bet it felt good to pedal the bike. :biking:Happy dance for you today just don't overdo it!! I'll bet you feel very relieved to get such good news! Have a great rest of the day!
 
blast when you think you doing well and walking more the leg get angry and we suffer .now nearly six weeks in and one does wonder is there any light at the end of tunnel, especially when one reads others are going back to work and I'm still resting because of the swelling :bawl:
 
I'm the same thought I should be off the pain meds and foolishly left two lots out each day and really suffered because of it , so I quickly return to full pain prescription , so I will keep on them until needed- but its hard to guess when precisely the best time this will be, like all on this forum say patience is the best way, me I just wanted to get back to normal to fast and suffered because of it, :bignono:
 
Hang in there . . . .these are the "dog days of recovery" I think. If you are nice to your knee I'll bet over the next couple of weeks you'll start to see some improvement as the healing continues.
 
This recovery is full of ups and downs and it does get tedious. Hang in there, because things are going to get a lot better. There is light at the end of the tunnel - it's just a long tunnel.

Try not to compare your progress with anyone else's. Your knee is doing fine.

Very few people are back at work at 6 weeks. We recommend taking about 12 weeks off, and then starting back part-time, if possible.
 
Just home from hospital suspected DVT round black bruising at back of calf and really painful swollen leg and was anxious about it but consultant stated it just bruising that sometimes happens after operation he did physical test and he said all ok, make one wonder why o why did I have this:dead: op done
 
Good news. They'd always rather you check it out.
I think we've all wondered at one time or another in this recovery process "why did I have this done." I remember thinking after my 2nd tkr "I did this twice? Voluntarily?" :heehee: But then I remembered how much better my first knee was and really the alternative was to just get worse and worse.
Hang in there. We're here for you.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom