THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forbesy, you are always the voice of good cheer! Hope the sore throat and whatever accompanies is banished quickly.

Sharon
 
Awww...NO FAIR!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!
 
Hope you are feeling a bit better today forbesy! Please take care of yourself and don't go back to work too early.
 
Friday was an absolute disaster I felt worse as it blew up into a full blown cold :sigh: so about tea time I decided I had enough and took myself off to the spare room to sleep it off.:sleep:
Got up around 11 this morning and kept up the lem sips feel a bit better now and feel i would have coped ok without the cold.
But hey ho onwards and upwards felt ok at work and some of my colleagues were quite impressed I didn't have that pain any more and done an impersonation of how I used to walk before.
 
Well back to work today again and feel slightly better but the bug won't let go, nothing much doing and get the feeling my team leader has told staff to give me nothing and give me a quiet couple of weeks on my return.
Will have to go and see a couple of social workers and pick a couple of things up or i will be bored senseless.
 
Easy does it forbesy! Margo is right - it's OK to be bored for awhile. Ease into that work load.

Hope you are feeling better!
 
I'm glad you're feeling better too. Like Margo says enjoy taking it easy while you can. I'm certainly trying not to push it myself, been back 3 half days so far and mainly just had catch up meetings, primarily listening and asking questions and just that has worn me out!
 
Well second week in and I feel I have coped ok although this bug is still hanging around. My work mates have been great and have told me not to travel long distances by car.
I am starting to feel better driving so I am going to attempt a facilitated contact in Larbert which is about 30 miles away at the begining of next month and take it from there.
One of the hardest things I have felt is the stiffness if i sit at my computer to long but If I pop out to the shops for a walk I feel better.
So hang in there all you Bone Smaty's that's me three months and still felling wee twinges.
 
Had to give in and go to the Doc's today for antibiotics :rolleyespink:
Na Liz still nothing happening my daughter was due to give birth on Sunday hopefully won't be long now.
 
Fingers crossed the antibiotics sort you out and all goes well with the birth of your grandchild. How's work going? Are you finding it tiring? I'm up to 4 x 5hr days this week and I need a lie down in the afternoon because I'm shattered!
 
Aw Forbesy, you got one of those nasty bugs that just set up housekeeping inside you and refuse to be evicted. The antibiotics should make short shrift of them. Plus a new grandchild is powerful medicine too. Keep us all posted.

Sharon
 
Fingers crossed the antibiotics sort you out and all goes well with the birth of your grandchild. How's work going? Are you finding it tiring? I'm up to 4 x 5hr days this week and I need a lie down in the afternoon because I'm shattered!

Funny I have been feeling tired the past couple of days might be this bug contributing, when I sit to long at the computer at my work my back is so stiff so i end up going to the shops for a stretch.
Had a look at the book / manual and it says to have a stiff back is par for the course and it will calm down eventually. Hope mines hurries up.:skeptical:
Climbing two setts of stairs can be a bit of a mission at times to get to my floor but I get there in the end.
I felt a bit tired today but I worked till 5:00pm last night when I have usually finished at three. :sleep:
Take care Lisa.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom