THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't picture how I would get in or out of the tub without breaking my 90 degree rule, so I guess a bath is out of the question until at least 6 weeks. I do miss it....a good soak cures almost everything.
 
There is a way to get in and out without breaking the 90 degree rule, but it's probably better that you wait. Bathtubs can be dangerous for a lot of reasons and it's best that you get some of your strength and agility back before tackling that milestone.
 
I hear you, Jamie, and appreciate the cautions. Have had to get in and out of the tub which has two steps leading up to it and a wide edge, albeit standing, to take a shower so that part of it is already figured out. The settling down into the tub will take some creative thinking and, as you say, perhaps more time. Certainly I would not try it alone the first time.

I think one definition of a true friend is one who will stay by me as I ease this naked, out of shape, healing body into a tub of hot water. Ahhhhhhh. The image of soaking just eases my whole being.

And perhaps the image will have to suffice for a while longer. :sigh:
 
Foresby, what do you think caused the increased pain in your hip after the bath? Did it have to do with the water or the getting in and out of the tub?

My doc said a bath was fine as soon as the incision is totally healed which is usually around 30 days so I'm curious about what kind of discomfort you had after yours.

I thought it had to do with the 90 degree thing ? and not bending but then again I could be wrong it might have just been the heeling process.
 
For me, it was to do with the physical getting in and out and sitting low down.....so therefore probably to do with the 90 degrees.
 
Back to the swimming pool today seemed a bit strange to begin with but took it easy and walked in the pool most of the time and some gentle breast stroke.

Coach you will get your luxury bath eventually Lisa got there it just takes time
Get yourself a nice bottle of your preference to celebrate the occasion.:cheers_wine:
 
Went off to see my football team today Hibs v St mirren 1v1 not a great game but sitting back in the low seats made me all stiff when i went for a coffee at half time.
What I would have done for a cushion.:wink1:
 
Back to the swimming pool today seemed a bit strange to begin with but took it easy and walked in the pool most of the time and some gentle breast stroke.

Coach you will get your luxury bath eventually Lisa got there it just takes time
Get yourself a nice bottle of your preference to celebrate the occasion.:cheers_wine:

I've been wondering about swimming - our local pool has a ladder rather than the steps I've seen at some pools. Is it tricky to get in and out without breaking the 90 degree rule?
 
I have been swimming and our local pool had steps or a ladder. I found the ladder easier to use to be honest. Regarding the 90 degrees the biggest problem I found was that the benches in the changing room were too low. The only place high enough to sit so that I could get dressed was the disabled toilet seat........not the nicest of areas to be getting changed in!


I've really been enjoying the swimming. Doing exercises for about 20 minutes and then lengths just kicking my legs whilst holding a float- really hard work but I definitely think it is helping me. Good luck.

And by the way....now I've got the all clear those long soaks in the bath aren't anywhere near as desirable !!! I always want what I can't have. Lol
 
Nancy might be a bit early to go swimming right now be careful I only went last week but I am going next.
Most council pools have ladders but I go to Portobello Baths, they have them as well as it is usually shallow and the deep end comes up to my chest.
I used to go before the op and run in the pool as the physio felt that was the best exercise for my right leg at the time.
You aren't allowed to do the breast stroke and kick your legs out at the moment Nancy so take care.
 
Thats it couldn't take any more saw the wife jumping into the bath and was sooooooooooooooo jealous so i told her I was going in next.
It was soooooooooooooo good and I have felt no after affects so far. :egypt-dance:
 
Oooh! Wonder what that aroma of Ashes of Roses was! :th_heehee:
 
Mmmmmmmm, baaaaaaaaath....... I am still waiting for mine as there is one 1/4 inch spot on my incision that is not quite healed all the way. Not red or swollen, just taking a long time to close all the way up. Can't wait!
 
Well back to work on Monday and yes I have missed it as I work with a great bunch of people who are very considerate and helpful.
I will keep you updated on how I do and all you hippy's out there take care. :thumb:
 
Good luck tomorrow! Please let us know how it goes on your first day!
 
Hope your return to work goes smoothly. It sounds like you have a very supportive network who will be looking out for you. Another milestone one the THR journey.:0)
 
Sorry I haven't got back to you all sooner but would you believe it My first day back feeling great and i end up with a sore throat during my first nights sleep.

Monday felt great but ended up with a sore throat

Tuesday felt shattered

Wednesday coped a bit better.

Thursday still got this sore throat.
but had a good day.

Friday tomorrow and after having some lem sips I hope to cope with the weekend better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom