THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some extension work done and foolishly helped and done some power washing of my slabs, I think I paid the penalty over the past couple of days but felt slightly better today.
Lisa did you mention BATH Mmmmmm :bathtub:
 
Lol I'm imagining you saying that like Homer Simpson says "hmmm donuts".......
 
No imagining it any more Lisa I went the full hog last night and went into a bath it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good was in their for about half an hour.:bathtub::amen1:
 
Fantastic!! But only half an hour??? I had my appointment today and was so busy asking about exercises I forgot to ask about the 90 degrees and the bath!

Bet it did feel good.
 
Well I wonder if I am paying the penalty for that bath as my knee was hurting a bit and I had to revert back to the one walking stick.
It seems to be calming down a bit and had this slight tightness at the top of my leg, it will probably be the healing process so onwards and upwards.
 
Aw that's a shame. Make sure you don't over do stuff, it is hard being patient though. Hope it eases soon.
 
Went out for a nice meal tonight to Toby carvery just up the road really nice and sat in a non spongy chair, don't want to speak to soon but can feel myself getting stronger.
 
That's good news. Glad to hear you are feeling better after your setback.


Now, I know this could sound a bit weird but ......I finally had my first hot soak yesterday .......and I thought of you! LOL
 
don't want to speak to soon but can feel myself getting stronger.

Yep! That's certainly what's happening. It's sometimes not as "dramatic" as we would like. But with a little patience you start to see the results! :thumb:
 
Don't worry Lisa I know you have a great sense of humor, I will have another bath soon and I promise someone will have to pull the plug or i am sure I will drown.
I am going to wait until I have had my appointment which is on the 19th and if they say it is all right I am going to get a couple of cool beers this time and have the soak of a life time.
Went out for a nice long walk today which was about four miles Liberton Dams and coped reasonably well and Meg enjoyed herself as well and was in the water at the Dams.
I know I am getting better as from time to time I take a bit of a dead leg in bed on my operated leg before the op and got it for the first time again last night. Queer
 
Well eight weeks into today and tried driving and my emergency stop everything appeared ok and will take the dog for a walk later.
 
Good stuff, forbesy.

btw, looking forward to seeing your video! :wink1:
 
Went along to my father in laws today and helped with the dismantling of his bed and a double wardrobe feel fine.
He is about to move into a nursing home soon two looked at today and four tomorrow.
 
Went to the hospital for my assessment today and the doc seemed pleased with my progress and stated I could return to work a week on Monday.
was shocked when I asked when I would be back to get the other one done to be told i wouldn't unless It was giving me pain she gave me a card and she advised she would make an appointment and book me in If I had problems with my left hip.
Went to visit my team leader and she would like m to go back part time to begin with, I advised full time with flexaibility, If I don't have anything on I will be allowed to leave early she agreed to this my team leader is a star. :amen1:
 
Great, Foresby. Love hearing progress stories.

Baaaaatttttthhhhhh..... I still have one section of my incision that isn't quite epithelized - my doc's term - i.e. it still oozes a bit as the scab sloughs and forms a new section, smaller each time. It's coming. The doc said 30 days usually, so I'm still ahead of the estimate.

Bath time has always been my sanctuary. A bath and a good book, and all's right with the world. It
's coming!
 
Forbesy - don't forget Jo's thread about Phased return to work! It's much different talking about going back from the comfort of your home. But the reality can be a bit of a shock. Commuting, getting up early, blah, blah, blah...

Take things slow and steady and give yourself some space to rest.
 
Cheers Jacey I promise to take care, I didn't have a full work load when I left as I let a few things wind down and didn't want to leave my colleagues with a lot of work.
I have a very flexible team leader and she will help me through this gradually.
I have already talked about me starting at 10 and she has agreed to let me go accordingly if I am quiet in the afternoon.
To tell you the truth with the renovation work that has been going on and us starting to babysit for my son three days a week work might be a place were I can put my feet up for a rest.
 
Hey Coach what I would do for a bath right now unfortunately I had a stab at one after six weeks as temptation got the better of me.
I paid the penalty and went back on one crutch for three days so be careful.
although the say to wait eight weeks I am just going to wait until my three moth mark has passed and then :bathtub:
 
Foresby, what do you think caused the increased pain in your hip after the bath? Did it have to do with the water or the getting in and out of the tub?

My doc said a bath was fine as soon as the incision is totally healed which is usually around 30 days so I'm curious about what kind of discomfort you had after yours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom